💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

opinion

The Cure for ASIB

Coulorcraft

Featured Posts

Coulorcraft

I have a feeling The Cure was actually written for A Star is Born. It sounds so similar to Ally’s music, definitely fits the movie, and was released during filming. It’s also just a straight forward pop song (while amazing) doesn’t fit with the albums she’s released in the past. I think she said somewhere that it was written for Sonja  which potentially could be true, but that’s just her drawing from personal experience to make the music more authentic. 

This all could be a stretch and obviously I’m just speculating but I think it would definitely fit on ally’s album a little too perfectly. 

Thoughts? 

FfFfFfFF

Not trying to be rude but this was constantly claimed and unclaimed ever since April 2017. :poot: There is some speculation around it but DJWS denied it. 

DJWS said it did come from those sessions but early on. It eas never for the movie, per se, but was them playing around trying to find a sound for Ally. So there was never any intent for it to be in the movie, but in terms of written intent, it was written while intending to find what *did* get written for the album.

Illuminati

DJWS denied it by saying that all music was written with no specific goal in mind but then Gaga said that her music is different than Allys, therefore suggesting that they wrote them all specifically for Ally's character. We know The Cure came into existence during the same sessions, so go figure. 

I think they realized Heal Me was gonna replace The Cure on the soundtrack and therefore released that one so it wouldn't be entirely shelved. It would also explain why she never publicly told anyone who that song was about.

whateveradore

honestly probably and so what? Like this has been a topic for so long and I don't see the big deal behind it, if it was then it's not anymore, Gaga still wrote IT and produced it, so why is it so different? beuase it was from a movie in which gaga is not herself? well The Cure is also heavly inspired by Sonja's death.

Gaga got the script of the movie and started do write about things that connected with the story, a lot of those song probably will never see the light of day, but at the time Coachella was just around the corner and she wanted to do something special for the reason of she was a woman headlininig it which was "unheard" of, sure she sang at tour later on and promoted once when she won an award but y'all act like The Cure was a special thing like a comeback single.

Check "Heal me" and "the cure" they have similar contexts so thats on that

DonnieDarko

Honestly, The Cure's lyrics scream Ally trying to help Jackson and Gaga trying to help Sonja. We won't ever figure it out, even with DJWS's denial, we can't be sure. But, at the end of the day, who cares. 

Catnikko

Didn't DJWS confirm that there was a phase where they tried to write without a specific goal in mind and the cure was written in that time along with some of the other pop songs?

Dance in the shadow of the meow

Didymus

DJWS probably lied, probably at Gaga's request. It's obvious those lyrics fit Ally's character. The reason they cover it up now is because they want this whole "this soundtrack is not Gaga music" narrative, so they can push Gaga's forthcoming solo music harder, which is why you see her mention her new album without giving specifics.

The narrative doesn’t fit Ally’s character if you really think about it. None of the pop songs really focused on helping Jack, it was all about her and being desirable, accepted or empowered.. if anything she was very selfish during her pop era.. my guess is that yes they may have wrote it for the movie but realized it didn’t work based on the storyline.

Archived