Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
question

Joanne Haters, how do you feel about ASIB now?

Gagafy

Featured Posts

A Hybrid
2 hours ago, Phoebe Buffay said:

A Star Is Born is everything Jolene wished to be and more. :huntyga: Look, I don't mind country influenced pop as long as it's done right. :saladga: Madonna's Music album, Kylie's Golden, Taylor's Red... they all have country influences but they didn't suck. :madge: Apart from A-YO, John Wayne and Sinner's Prayer, I don't remember when was the last time that I intentionally have listened to the other Jolene songs. :huntyga:

Who doesn’t like Diamond Heart, Perfect Illusion and Angel Down in 2018 :saladga: Joanne isn’t even country influenced, it’s rock influenced. It features great rock artists and producers, a duet with Florence Welch and no DJWS. It’s also the farthest away from The Fame which automatically makes it her best album :vegas:

No family’s safe when I sashay

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glamourpuss

I really like Joanne. I see it as a more grown up pop album. I think it's one that is going to age with the fans as we grow. As a 30 year old I feel like I can identify with the lyrics. Perfect Illusion came at a time when I had just broken up with my fiance and was literally coming  to terms with it not being love and just being an illusion. Don't get me wrong I would still love to relive the TFM and BTW era but it was so refreshing to have Gaga making music with deeper lyrical content. 

Phoebe Buffay
20 minutes ago, A Hybrid said:

Who doesn’t like Diamond Heart, Perfect Illusion and Angel Down in 2018 :saladga: Joanne isn’t even country influenced, it’s rock influenced. It features great rock artists and producers, a duet with Florence Welch and no DJWS. It’s also the farthest away from The Fame which automatically makes it her best album :vegas:

to you.gif

Let's just say we agree to disagree. :vegas:

River

I didn't feel connected to Joanne because it was US-centric, I felt disconnected from Gaga for the first time, that she's not speaking to me anymore.. so I just put the album back on the shelf and didn't listen to it ever since..

ASIB is international, it's every person album and I feel related to it a lot..

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

joannesrats

I adore every Gaga album, and I feel like I'm in the minority when Joanne and ARTPOP are tied for my number 1 Gaga albums, but ASIB has more depth to it because it has two character and a story to tell. Joanne doesn't have a story - it has a space in time that it was writing about. And there's nothing wrong with that. 

migamiga

ASIB is so much better than Joanne though. You can't really compare the two. I thought Joanne was gonna be like ASIB but was kinda disappointed. It wasn't a great album but not a bad one either. ASIB on the other hand is outstanding :whitney:

4 hours ago, Piece of Me said:

Ehem.. FIRST WOMAN THIS YEAR TO HAVE NO.1 ALBUM, MOVIE AND SONG? FIRST ALBUM TO TOP THE 200 FOR 3 WEEKS THIS YEAR? NEED I SAY MORE?

I think he/she means artistically speaking 

Archived