Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
question

Joanne Haters, how do you feel about ASIB now?

Gagafy

Featured Posts

So when Gaga changed her music from pop to semi rock and ballad in Joanne, there were tonnes of haters from this community in regards to that change. They wanted the pop gaga.

...and now we have ASIB, literally 0 pop (if u counted the goofy Hair Body Face and Why you do that?, that would be just 2 songs), so what does the Joanne haters think? Rest of the songs were not pop at all, and they were Gaga's best.

*I personally loved Joanne, and i love ASIB songs even more.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VoldeLorde2

I love Joanne because it was the album that introduced me to this amazing woman and this amazing site. I love ASIB because it's my first era where I can live everything in real time. 

Not liking an album because it doesn't have pop music is very limiting and shows that you only care about charts and dance music, not actually artistry. I love the woman that gives us artistry. 

8 minutes ago, VoldeLorde2 said:

I love Joanne because it was the album that introduced me to this amazing woman and this amazing site. I love ASIB because it's my first era where I can live everything in real time. 

Not liking an album because it doesn't have pop music is very limiting and shows that you only care about charts and dance music, not actually artistry. I love the woman that gives us artistry. 

i love your profile picture.

DaftFameMonster

Honestly I think it was just a bit of a shock to hear her change her sound so drastically going into Joanne, we have all become more accustomed to country/rock Gaga over time thus this soundtrack has been much easier to swallow for some I imagine. I think it's great though because I never thought I'd start to appreciate the country genre as much as I do now after hearing her dabble with it in two major releases. 

ModernEcstasy

I definitely wouldn’t call myself a Joanne “Hater”, but it is my least favourite Gaga album. 

However, The ASIB soundtrack has become my absolute favourite Gaga album! I feel that all of the songs are timeless and so well written. I can’t get enough of it. 

Red Velvet
6 minutes ago, MyQueen said:

I just fear that there is nothing iconic from this eras:confused:

Ehem.. FIRST WOMAN THIS YEAR TO HAVE NO.1 ALBUM, MOVIE AND SONG? FIRST ALBUM TO TOP THE 200 FOR 3 WEEKS THIS YEAR? NEED I SAY MORE?

I'm like some kind of supernova

17 minutes ago, MyQueen said:

Do you live under a rock? 

Have you seen how many people including famous ones have cover “Shallow”? 

Did you not see that everyone dressed up and Jack and Ally for Halloween?? 

The soundtrack keeps giving us those coins that we love and you still have the guts to say that there nothing iconic? Oh please... and we’re not yet to the Oscars honey :vegas:

Hottie Detector

bloody g

Many Joanne haters don't hate ballads or just want popga. In my case, I just feel like Joanne is too bland, it wasn't a drastic change in sound it just felt like a downgrade.

ASIB has the quality (except the pop tunes which are as mild as joanne), my favs are INLA and ITA? and it's my second fav album from her.

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

doja scat

Honestly a lot of the Joanne haters in this fanbase were just not ready for such a...drastic change from Gaga. 

I became a stan during the pre LG5/AHS days (late 2015-16) so I can’t relate but I understand where people come from when they say they can’t connect to Gaga like they used to. 

But like Gaga said, this is just another mask for her to put on. She never truly “leaves”. Everything she does is a new layer of the Lady Gaga we know. 

don’t get stabbed with the (b)rat tooth

26 minutes ago, MyQueen said:

what iconic? she is already a very much talked about actress/singer now, due to ASIB. it would even get bigger when she got nominated for best original song and best actress (IF...)

whateveradore

i don't feel like people actually hate Joanne tho, I think people were just "dissapointed" that it wasn't a pure pop album, like I honestly hate country and Joanne is kinda of IT but there is so much on that album...the thing is due to Gaga's condition she couldn't do much in "perform" / Promote it, which lead us to be more upset about it.

Phoebe Buffay

A Star Is Born is everything Jolene wished to be and more. :huntyga: Look, I don't mind country influenced pop as long as it's done right. :saladga: Madonna's Music album, Kylie's Golden, Taylor's Red... they all have country influences but they didn't suck. :madge: Apart from A-YO, John Wayne and Sinner's Prayer, I don't remember when was the last time that I intentionally have listened to the other Jolene songs. :huntyga:

Archived