opinion

LG6 should be experimental

Quark

Featured Posts

CautiousLurker
2 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Lemonade or Sweetener?

Fixed :gaycat:

Men are naturally more dominating, aggressive, and logical thinking because we have balls.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AStarIsBorn21

“Gaga should return to Gaga” honestly makes no sense to me, that would mean she somehow stopped being Gaga. She’s always about being different and changing people’s perception of her, and which album ceased that from happening? The only was she can “return to Gaga” is by doing something different. A similar era to previous ones wouldn’t really be “Gaga” in my opinion. So if you mean her next solo era not be light/dark synth-Pop (TF, TFM), electro-rock/80s Pop (BTW), EDM (ARTPOP), or Country/Soft-Rock (Joanne) then yeah, I’m all for it. 

Smother Em Eh

Yesss that would be awesome and a great direction to go in. :excited::staymad:

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Didymus
1 hour ago, Quark said:

Also i wouldnt call Sweetner great.  

1 hour ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Sweetener?

I know Gaga fans don't like that album, but it was universally critically acclaimed and, like it or not, it will go down as one of the best pop albums of our time :oops: That's all I meant with that statement (though I do think also it's one of the better pop albums we've seen pass by these years, and definitely her best).

Didymus
50 minutes ago, AStarIsBorn21 said:

“Gaga should return to Gaga” honestly makes no sense to me, that would mean she somehow stopped being Gaga. She’s always about being different and changing people’s perception of her, and which album ceased that from happening?

Cheek to Cheek :koons:

Sorry to burst the fan bubble, but everyone already knew she could sing jazz before that album was released. Their cover of Lady is a Tramp went viral, and the people who didn't catch that also didn't pay attention to C2C so that album definitely didn't change anyone's perception of her. A lot of people just stopped paying attention to her altogether.

Joanne, same story. She may have had a different sound than before, but people didn't really notice that because they hadn't had a Gaga hit in years, and the ideas and visual theme for the era weren't strong enough to make a big public impact. Miley's country pop era did spark attention (even though she was basically doing something very similar to Gaga) because her previous era was actually 100% different. The Oscars, The Superbowl and The Cure cemented the idea that Gaga was just one of the pop singers, but not one with a distinctive character. She can "just" sing and perform better than most. The associations with her stop right there, when from '08 to '11 there were like twenty more, from music video's to fashion, to statements, etc.

In public perception she's basically just a very good pop singer now, one who can act now too. That's it. So yes, if she wants to change perception again she'll need more than good vocals, we don't want that perception to change. People barely remember she released Poker Face and Bad Romance. But they haven't been replaced by something relevant and urgent. I really want her to become relevant and urgent again, musically, idea-wise, visually. She's not gonna achieve that by continuing her srategy for the last couple of years, though who knows, maybe she likes that "I'm not too far out there, I'll just keep riding this train comfortably and steadily" atmosphere, it sure is less stressful for her I guess.

LadyxGaGa

GaGa is working with SOPHIE and her music is pretty experimental if you are into Death Grips and genres like that

WhiteWitch
2 hours ago, Silvestro Devacelli said:

FixedT

Yeah no. I’m 90% sure that was an accident in a system and it looks trashy

I don’t want nothing too experimental. 

I want more of this mild R&B pop music like The Cure and Heal Me.

AStarIsBorn21
11 minutes ago, Didymus said:

Cheek to Cheek :koons:

Sorry to burst the fan bubble, but everyone already knew she could sing jazz before that album was released. Their cover of Lady is a Tramp went viral, and the people who didn't catch that also didn't pay attention to C2C so that album definitely didn't change anyone's perception of her. A lot of people just stopped paying attention to her altogether.

Joanne, same story. She may have had a different sound than before, but people didn't really notice that because they hadn't had a Gaga hit in years, and the ideas and visual theme for the era weren't strong enough to make a big public impact. Miley's country pop era did spark attention (even though she was basically doing something very similar to Gaga) because her previous era was actually 100% different. The Oscars, The Superbowl and The Cure cemented the idea that Gaga was just one of the pop singers, but not one with a distinctive character. She can "just" sing and perform better than most. The associations with her stop right there, when from '08 to '11 there were like twenty more, from music video's to fashion, to statements, etc.

In public perception she's basically just a very good pop singer now, one who can act now too. That's it. So yes, if she wants to change perception again she'll need more than good vocals, we don't want that perception to change. People barely remember she released Poker Face and Bad Romance. But they haven't been replaced by something relevant and urgent. I really want her to become relevant and urgent again, musically, idea-wise, visually. She's not gonna achieve that by continuing her srategy for the last couple of years, though who knows, maybe she likes that "I'm not too far out there, I'll just keep riding this train comfortably and steadily" atmosphere, it sure is less stressful for her I guess.

CTC is not a solo project, she had little creative control over that. Tony asked HER to have an album together so she said yes. And no, LIAT had little to no impact on the GP. I wasn’t a Gaga fan at the time, and had no clue she sang jazz. In fact, most of the GP had no idea until CTC was released. :laughga: If anyone’s in a “fan bubble” it’s you.

And what exactly do you mean about Joanne? Are you saying it wasn’t experimental because it didn’t impact? Joanne was extremely expirimental for an artist who’s early career revolved around dance music. Also... no big public impact? Legit all over the internet and at my school people talked about how she went country, while even my friends (not monsters) noticed how Perfect Illusion was so different than her other music. 

You’re more so angry she isn’t as popular as she was almost a decade ago, which really has nothing to do with the sound of her music or the layout of her career. Lady Gaga isn’t supposed to have a distinctive character other than her voice. Hence why she changes into a different artist every era. It’s really confusing that mosters still latch onto her from her in her earlier career during TFM and beginning of BTW, that’s who she was in 2010 and 2011 but not who she’ll ever be again. You can enjoy the Gaga train for what it is or talk about how you want her “back” aka a slither of her career back, but don’t expect anything doing the latter. 

Drin Lon
3 hours ago, Didymus said:

I don't want experimental for the sake of experimental.

I just want a quality album that can be remembered down the ages, whatever genre. I know she can do it. So far she's made a name for herself and her talent, but it hasn't manifested in album form like, say, Lemonade or Sweetener. I want her to prove she's an album artist, like she's claimed for years, without proof :interestinga:

I love Ari and Sweetener is a nice pop album but wtf, Sweetener??

Drin Lon
1 hour ago, Didymus said:

I know Gaga fans don't like that album, but it was universally critically acclaimed and, like it or not, it will go down as one of the best pop albums of our time :oops: That's all I meant with that statement (though I do think also it's one of the better pop albums we've seen pass by these years, and definitely her best).

Lmao not even her fans think it's her best album let alone one of the best of our times :ladyhaha:

For the record, Ariana's debut album has the same critics score as Sweetener, I guess that one is also one of the best of our generation, whew Ari the pop legend we don't deserve, right? :huntyga: Same with Everything Is Love, it has the same score, I guess that's a classic too, The Carters did that!

Archived