Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
celeb

Lea Michele and Darren Criss cover 'Shallow'

Sorcerer

Featured Posts

Nikolai Barrow

Yeah i really like that they sang it and Lea is a very respected vocalist. But that was a bit of a train wreck. Sorry! Rhythm was all over the place and the bridge was lacking. She tried to over sing the chorus (which i get because she's got a great voice) but should have stuck with the rhythm of the song and saved her slaying vocals for the bridge . . . odd

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didymus

Not so far from the shallow after all, are we :koons:

I mean, Glee has always been horrifying in its ability to cover meaningful songs in that glittery, Disney-esque hollowness and this was no exception. It's nice to listen to but at the end of the day it's just a bunch of kids in a high school musical that will never become impressive performers.

Lea was fine but some of her choices, gurl :vegas: That "far from the shallow no-o-oooooooow" is horrible and I can't believe she repeated it so many times :pray:

Didymus

These covers are great in underscoring how special the original is though lol. People have imo never covered Gaga's songs well because that raspy, less-than-perfect-but-special quality is just always missing.

freebit

This was cute! And I love how much they love her. Them, Gaga, & Anne Hathaway should become best friends & form their own Hollywood musical theater nerd clique. 

Mirages
On 10/27/2018 at 2:50 PM, OMonster said:

Sorry, but this doesn't work for me. 

Shallow is an emotional and gritty song. I feel like this version lacks any depth or emotion... they're just, well, singing. 

When you compare the way Gaga sings to other performers, it makes clear just how talented she is. The way Gaga sings makes you feel something - it feels raw and true. There are very few singers who have that ability. 

That's cause Gaga and Bradley sing from their souls, from the nectar :trollga:

I'm the bitch that's fragile

Archived