Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
celeb

Lea Michele and Darren Criss cover 'Shallow'

Sorcerer

Featured Posts

Thomas P

Rachel and Blain still hanging out? Glee never dies :staymad:

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • CyanLights changed the title to Lea Michele and Darren Criss cover 'Shallow'
derpmonster
16 hours ago, Dolce Vita said:

The Glee supporting actor and actress snapped a biT

I thought she was Demi Lovato for the longest time :poot:

Spoiler

What was up with their rhythm tho???? 

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

HEARTSTOP
3 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

Hide contents

What was up with their rhythm tho???? 

They literally said they've never sung it before, so they were probably just going with the flow.

IDGAF

derpmonster
2 minutes ago, HEARTSTOP said:

They literally said they've never sung it before, so they were probably just going with the flow.

No, I understand. It just felt like they were (and they do this often) trying to improvise and change things up (which can be a good way to show your ability) but it wasn't working - they kept going a little too off beat and back and forth. It just felt like she was trying too hard to showcase herself.

I probably would've too but not throughout the whole song. But I wouldn't know honestly, because I usually don't play at the same time (which is harder than it looks!). 

ThatAsianGuy
14 hours ago, OMonster said:

Sorry, but this doesn't work for me. 

Shallow is an emotional and gritty song. I feel like this version lacks any depth or emotion... they're just, well, singing. 

When you compare the way Gaga sings to other performers, it makes clear just how talented she is. The way Gaga sings makes you feel something - it feels raw and true. There are very few singers who have that ability. 

Sis:triggered:. Thats why its called a COVER. It doesnt necessarily should sound like Gaga or the way she sings. Its their VERSION.

derpmonster
7 hours ago, ThatAsianGuy said:

Sis:triggered:. Thats why its called a COVER. It doesnt necessarily should sound like Gaga or the way she sings. Its their VERSION.

I think what they're trying to convey isn't that it should sound exactly like the Gaga version but at least carry some emotion and do it justice.

As Gaga says often, you can be technically very proficient as a musician (which it seems like many cover making musicians want to showcase, which is understandable), but not know how to tell a story.

Archived