Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Finally saw a closed captioned ASIB! Are there lines you need clarifying?

MEM

Featured Posts

There was so much I missed the first couple times, just wanted to make a helpful thread in case you had any scenes that were confusing due to mumbling etc.

Bless Bradley and his deep voice but boy some of the dialogue went over my head haha

PS the subtitles were in English :vegas:

A few of my favorite parts that I hadn’t heard before:

- When Jack goes to Ally’s house and wakes her up, I kept trying to understand what she whispers before kissing him and finally got it! After he’s like “your dad let me in”, she grabs his neck and they touch foreheads (cute AF) and I think he stares at her lips for a moment and reaaaallly softly she’s like “what?” and then she kisses him omggg

- Studio scene, after Jack hops into the booth and suggests that Ally needs to play piano because she can’t get the singing right, he says “I’ll just fly one in and you can play” and she’s like “do you think that’s okay?” JACK FLEW A PIANO IN SO SHE WOULDN’T BE NERVOUS :messga:

Poissonche

I don't know why you're here if you're trying to avoid spoilers, but we never know, SPOILERS AHEAD:

Spoiler

When Jack is at rehab and he's on a bench and the old man comes to speak with him! I only understood the "put my whole head in it" part.

And also, what's that's story about Jackson "taking" his brother's voice? I didn't get anything, but I know it's important since it seems to make Bobby kinda almost cry when he drives away after Jackson mumbles something about that (last time they see each other before his death)

Madam Margolyes
12 minutes ago, Poissonche said:

I don't know why you're here if you're trying to avoid spoilers, but we never know, SPOILERS AHEAD:

Reveal hidden contents

When Jack is at rehab and he's on a bench and the old man comes to speak with him! I only understood the "put my whole head in it" part.

And also, what's that's story about Jackson "taking" his brother's voice? I didn't get anything, but I know it's important since it seems to make Bobby kinda almost cry when he drives away after Jackson mumbles something about that (last time they see each other before his death)

I’m not the OP but i’ll try to help :vegas:

Spoiler

First scene, he was talking about his childhood, about his history with failed attempt at suicide when he was 13. He tried suicide by hanging at the ceiling fan, but the fan fell off the floor instead and his dad didnt even notice it because he was drunk.

Second scene, he said ‘It was you i idolized, not Dad” to Bobby. That’s why Jack kinda ‘took’ his brother’s voice.

GypsyBabe
10 minutes ago, Poissonche said:

Reveal hidden contents

Okay for the “taking his voice”...I always thought it to mean that he upstaged his brother and became the famous one. His brother had a beautiful voice too, but “had nothing to say” aka wasn’t a good songwriter and was too proud to sing songs that Jack had written for him. So Jack went of on his own and made it big.  I’m not sure if I am correct...but that is how I interpreted it. 

⚯͛

Poissonche
5 minutes ago, Madam Margolyes said:

I’m not the OP but i’ll try to help :vegas:

Hide contents

First scene, he was talking about his childhood, about his history with failed attempt at suicide when he was 13. He tried suicide by hanging at the ceiling fan, but the fan fell off the floor instead and his dad didnt even notice it because he was drunk.

Second scene, he said ‘It was you i idolized, not Dad” to Bobby. That’s why Jack kinda ‘took’ his brother’s voice.

OK I see! There was a lot more foreshadowing than I thought in this film... but what did he use to put his whole head into? still confused. Might not be that important compared to the rest of what he says, but it just annoys me because it's the only thing I understand hahaha

6 minutes ago, GypsyBabe said:

Okay for the “taking his voice”...I always thought it to mean that he upstaged his brother and became the famous one. His brother had a beautiful voice too, but “had nothing to say” aka wasn’t a good songwriter and was too proud to sing songs that Jack had written for him. So Jack went of on his own and made it big.  I’m not sure if I am correct...but that is how I interpreted it. 

OH OK makes a lot of sense. Thank you!

Madam Margolyes
1 hour ago, Poissonche said:

OK I see! There was a lot more foreshadowing than I thought in this film... but what did he use to put his whole head into? still confused. Might not be that important compared to the rest of what he says, but it just annoys me because it's the only thing I understand hahaha

OH OK makes a lot of sense. Thank you!

I actually dont really remember that part but i guess it was his dad’s wind instrument that Jack used to play with? Lol idk i might have made that up:toofunny:

EDIT: yeah i did apparently lmao:laughga:

GypsyBabe
47 minutes ago, Poissonche said:

He used to stick his head in his dads Victrola which is a vintage phonograph/record player. They were the original old record players with the horn looking speaker. 

poDW2tujj

⚯͛

18 minutes ago, GypsyBabe said:

He used to stick his head in his dads Victrola which is a vintage phonograph/record player. They were the original old record players with the horn looking speaker. 

poDW2tujj

That’s correct! Hence why Jack has tinnitus. Hope that helps @Poissonche

2 hours ago, RadioIsOurs said:

what did bradley and sam say during their first interaction? :selena:

LOL the entire scene? Haha I’ll try my best.

Basically, after Jack has his hearing test the doctor says he’s gonna let Bobby know and Jack’s like “yeah fine whatever, call Bobby”

Then we see Bobby coming to Jack’s rehearsal and he’s like “stubborn son of a bitch” under his breath, and this is what I can remember:

Bobby: (handing the in-ear pieces) “You gotta put ‘em in, man”

Jack: “You know I can’t wear those things, when I wear them I’m in my own head, I need to be with everybody else”

Bobby: “You can’t get back what you lost, this is the only way we can manage what you still got”

Jack: “I think we’re managing pretty good”

Bobby: “What do you want me to do?

Jack: “The door’s right over there if you wanna-“

Bobby: “Don’t start that sh**. Show some f***ing pride in what you’re doing buddy”

Jack: “I just wanna know if she’s on her way or not, that’s all...”

Bobby: “Who’s coming...? What the f***...”

:vegas:

1 hour ago, Ryusei said:

In the cinema? 

Yep in the cinema! They offer a special device that plays the subtitles but doesn’t distract anyone else, it’s so cool!

14 minutes ago, LeJudas said:

Where did you see it? I didn't know theaters had captions

The theatre near me offers closed captions for some of the screenings. I’m from Australia. Maybe you should look into it!

Archived