💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

opinion

Gaga only speaking female in ASIB

NotMyFlop

Featured Posts

JazzGa
6 minutes ago, Wixson said:

Lynette Howell Taylor (one of ASIB's producers), August 22:

Q: Even though you shot the film before the Time's Up movement, has the balance between the male and female characters changed?

A: I don't think it changed the story. The movie is about a woman in a man's world. There are not a lot of women in the film, and that's by choice, because the music industry has been very dominated, especially behind the scenes, by men. That's very much a part of the 
contemporary telling of this story.

:huntyga:

Thank you! Now these are some receipts! So it was intentional 

I've taken a few dips in the lady pond

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
androiduser
Just now, Satans Ex Wife said:

But it wasn't shown in the movie so why does that matter :selena: 

because it would have shown Ally being brought into a male-dominated entertainment world, and it would have showcased the drastic difference.

JazzGa
2 minutes ago, androiduser said:

because it would have shown Ally being brought into a male-dominated entertainment world, and it would have showcased the drastic difference.

Oh I see what you're saying, yeah that would have added another interesting layer of social commentary, especially if there was a specific scene where Ally had to cut ties with her "old life" friends. 

I've taken a few dips in the lady pond

androiduser
1 minute ago, Satans Ex Wife said:

Oh I see what you're saying, yeah that would have added another interesting layer of social commentary, especially if there was a specific scene where Ally had to cut ties with her "old life" friends. 

yes, it definitely would have given more depth to the idea that no other women have a voice in the whole story because of male dominance... she could have had a female friend that got lost along the way, or something like that... the way the story goes, Ally is just the type of the girl who's always surrounded by guys and she just fits in without having any issues with the male dominance.

11 hours ago, FATCAT said:

I think we should be more worried that Charlie Chaplin, a man, didn't get to speak once his entire career. smh.

LOL. Not actually true tho --

ShayCristoforo

It's usually problematic, but I think it has a point.

I also noticed that they didn't really address her mother that much. The pain and hardship Ally faces can be linked to a number of themes, one being the absence of a female or mother figure. 

Get the pinot ready, because it's turtle time.

There is more than one problem with the movie, you can read it everywhere. One intelligent criticism I read was how whenever Ally said NO in the film, it did not matter. In today's climate, this is hugely problematic. But frankly, I am tired of everything having to be so PC. Its a movie. To escape into. A story, not real life.and an excellent one at that. Beautifully "crafted" and an extraordinary gift I am grateful for.

Watch As I Dive In

Mirages
On 10/26/2018 at 1:27 AM, M Monstre said:

but it kind of irritates me when people act like Jackson was the bad guy in the movie. He wasn't. He was being brutally honest to Ally.

Well yeah he was but was it really nice of him to call her ugly? Like I can barely listen to Scene 98 because it was meant to hurt her not with the intention of being honest. It was brutal. That's what I think people talk about when they say he was bad. Or the fact that he actually was bad to her. I mean he humiliated her in front of thousands of people, he caused her a lot of stress when he got drunk and high and she was scared he wasn't gonna make it. Yeah he was peaches. He was that kinda guy you tell your sister she shouldn't be dating him. And that was the whole point of the movie. How love is irresistible and what it means to love someone even through their faults and bad sides. 

I'm the bitch that's fragile

LeJudas

The real problem is that their dog didn't get a speaking line. Is Warner Bros. Prejudiced against canines? 

TheSlash

"Gaga only speaking female in ASIB"

Minor spoilers ahead!

Cashier taking a picture of Jackson in the supermarket and saying something like "Sorry, I had to", is SHOOK :wtfga:  :vegas: 

Minor spoilers ahead, if you scroll from bottom to top :poot: ( for whatever reason :derpga: )

Ew, David!

Reality
8 hours ago, Mirages said:

Well yeah he was but was it really nice of him to call her ugly? Like I can barely listen to Scene 98 because it was meant to hurt her not with the intention of being honest. It was brutal. That's what I think people talk about when they say he was bad. Or the fact that he actually was bad to her. I mean he humiliated her in front of thousands of people, he caused her a lot of stress when he got drunk and high and she was scared he wasn't gonna make it. Yeah he was peaches. He was that kinda guy you tell your sister she shouldn't be dating him. And that was the whole point of the movie. How love is irresistible and what it means to love someone even through their faults and bad sides. 

I'm not talking about those instances though. I agree. Some of the stuff he did was inexcusable, but talking about her music career specifically, there's absolutely no reason to want to attack him for speaking the truth. Ally was being manipulated and she didn't realize it; someone needed to get through her head about that, and Jack was frankly the only character who could. 

𝐼 𝒥𝒰𝒮𝒯 𝒩𝐸𝐸𝒟 𝒜 𝒟𝒪𝒮𝐸 𝒪𝐹 𝒯𝐻𝐸 𝑅𝐼𝒢𝐻𝒯 𝒮𝒯𝒰𝐹𝐹

androiduser

I think the problem is that Gaga fans can't make a difference between Gaga and Ally, so they put Ally on a pedestal and don't allow any critical thinking about the character.

Archived