Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

LG6 might compete with A Star Is Born at the Grammys

Bradley

Featured Posts

Bradley

Both A Star Is Born and I'll Never Love Again are critically acclaimed, and are strong contenders for Album of the Year, Song of the Year and Best Pop Solo Performance.

However, they are only eligible for 2020 Grammys, which means LG6 and its singles might directly compete with these songs if it gets released before October 2019.

Do you think Gaga should wait until after the deadline to release LG6 so that she wouldn't create competition for the soundtrack?

Before you claim that ASIB and INLA do not have high chances in getting nominated or a win, consider these facts:

1. A Star Is Born is the most commercially successful soundtrack in 2018 after The Greatest Showman, after the Oscars it might remain as the most successful soundtrack of 2019 if no major musicals are released. It definitely has the commercial success and impact that the Grammys value so much.

2. The movie itself is commercially successful, who knows how much it will gross in total after its theatrical run, so far it already has $200 million.

3. It has critical acclaim in addition to commercial success.

4. Previous iterations of A Star Is Born have been nominated for general categories before, including Song of the Year, Record of the Year and Best Female Pop Vocal Performance.

5. The Grammys recently extended the number of nominees for general categories from 5 to 8, which means more inclusion for diverse albums, possibly a slot for a soundtrack.

What do you think Gaga should do?

joemayzzin

the more she is nominated the more shots she has to snatch em all :stalkga: don't quote me on this but i have a feeling she will walk away with AT LEAST one maybe a few grammys for ASIB regardless!!! 

Chickens in Malibu

LG6 won't be eligible for 2020. It will be released after September 30th, 2019.

She is too busy to even release the lead single. The only time she has off is Summer 2019. And then she'll release it probably in July/August like Applause, and release the album in October/November.

ChromaticPrincess
1 hour ago, nicolasrumet said:

LG6 won't be eligible for 2020. It will be released after September 30th, 2019.

She is too busy to even release the lead single. The only time she has off is Summer 2019. And then she'll release it probably in July/August like Applause, and release the album in October/November.

This 

as mush as I want an album in spring 2019, the earliest time we will reasonably get LG6 will he the lead in the summer and then the album like in October/November 

✨oh the lights dim while we’re dancing yeah the floor is shaking in this disco heaven✨

Archived