“I want my next album to be a surprise”

Luna Lovegood

Featured Posts

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Judas Society
10 hours ago, JoeMo said:

Pretty sure she just means that she wants fans to be surprised with the direction she goes ie doesn’t want to talk about the producers etc she’s working with. I don’t nexcesarily think this means a surprise release 

This.

I don't understand why some of you immediately think she means surprise release or do something like what Beyonce does. She just want it to be a surprise for us without telling us too much.

But I think it could be for better or worse. For example, Perfect Illusion came out and we all thought it has some 80s punk rock influences. Then we got Joanne. Surprise indeed.   

QueenChromatix

The best date would be Jan 2020 to finally have full year and start new decade as no. 1 artist with no. 1 album and, hopefully, no. 1 single (in US)

QUEEN CHROMATIX 🌈

4 hours ago, Judas Society said:

This.

I don't understand why some of you immediately think she means surprise release or do something like what Beyonce does. She just want it to be a surprise for us without telling us too much.

But I think it could be for better or worse. For example, Perfect Illusion came out and we all thought it has some 80s punk rock influences. Then we got Joanne. Surprise indeed.   

Or if you just listened to BTW and then heard the rest of the album :ladyhaha:

2 hours ago, polishmonster said:

The best date would be Jan 2020 to finally have full year and start new decade as no. 1 artist with no. 1 album and, hopefully, no. 1 single (in US)

There’s no way she’ll wait over a whole other year to release. She’d waste a portion of her residency playing only old material. Especially with all the hype around her I have strong doubts that she’d wait an incredibly long time to drop an album. Or if she does then we’ll definitely get some sort of release be it standalone singles or something to that effect.

Smother Em Eh

Oh well we Little Monsters love a good surprise. Come thru with bops Gaga but take your time releasing them. Don't want LG6 to be like a Britney Jean 2.0 :laughga:

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

FATCAT
20 hours ago, Michael Lucas said:

Did you read the whole interview? She mentions LG6 right after she says that she wants to reinvent the idea of a Vegas residency. It may not come this year, but it is definitely coming during her residency and if LG6 has anything to do with it, it has to come in the begining of the residency. So I'd say right after the Oscars.

We're on the same page, I don't think it's coming November/December, though, and that's what people will jump to. My guess is that she's gonna ride out the ASIB stuff until after the Oscars and we might get something in the march/April gap, but I wouldn't count on it.

Purr more, hiss less.

culturalbaptism
13 hours ago, Ohsweetpeps said:

The opening night of engima* :messga:

We're not ready. :saladga:

Judas is coming. Let the cultural baptism begin.

Judas Society
14 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Or if you just listened to BTW and then heard the rest of the album :ladyhaha:

To be quite honest, I really think BTW was very cohesive as an album.

hausofdave

i want her to surprise release LG6 at any given moment after the start of Engima, but at the same time I'd rather her wait and drag out the ASIB era, theres still so much potential room for smash singles, ARUTW, INLA, & ITA. plus it'd be smart to release it after the 2020 Grammy deadline so LG6 doesn't clash with ASIB

10 hours ago, Judas Society said:

To be quite honest, I really think BTW was very cohesive as an album.

I think it had 2 or 3 distinct sounds. There was the glam synth pop from MTN, BTW, BK’s chorus, TEOG, Judas’s chorus, HU’s chorus. Then there was the grimier industrial stuff like GH, BM, parts of Americano, HML, and Scheiße. Then there was the Springsteen rock stuff. Idk it feels like it’s very easily sortable like that. But if you just listened to the lead you’d be like “wtf this is nothing like the album lololol” which I do think is (partially) true.

Archived