opinion

Please stop with the "99 people" meme

Chickens in Malibu

Featured Posts

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HorusRa2

I’m pretty sure you’re going too far. Also, I’m sure Gaga knows her fans enough to know these are not vicious comments about her, and that’s if she’s actually seen them. 

I understand and being sensitive and emphatic, but the world would be a very unamusing place if our conversations were restrained to the degree you’re suggesting because you can say the same kind of opinion about a lot of topics or conditions.

ModernEcstasy

There could be 100 people reading this post right now and only 1 of those people may take your opinion on board. 

99 of them will not believe in you. 

Regina George

Honestly, let people have fun it’s not that deep.  I can’t with y’all getting offended by literally everything. Enjoy stuff. Have fun. Don’t over analyze anything. Ugh. 

What I think is hilarious is that the LM knew right away something was up with the canned interviews, but it has taken this long for the GP to make a thing out of it. I must admit, back during TIFF, I was puzzled by the banality of it all, but now I just know LG is having a good laugh over it.You freaking know, Cooper had to be let in on the joke - that is why he looks positively dead-panned. He is avoiding cracking up.

Watch As I Dive In

LeJudas

She has no signs of dementia :saladga:

She's just nervous and probably doesn't know what to say. And she isn't the only person to repeat things. Lots of actors/esses have done this before. It's not uncommon. The only difference is that those people don't have such a huge fan base like Gaga does.

Chickens in Malibu
52 minutes ago, LeJudas said:

She has no signs of dementia :saladga:

She's just nervous and probably doesn't know what to say. And she isn't the only person to repeat things. Lots of actors/esses have done this before. It's not uncommon. The only difference is that those people don't have such a huge fan base like Gaga does.

Unbelievable lol...

Could you please read for me the exact sentence I wrote before mentioning Dementia? What I was trying to say, is that since  repeating the same thing can be a medical condition (since it's a symptom of some illnesses like Dementia), we don't know whether it's associated with other mental illnesses or depression etc... So it's never okay to make fun of it. Some people make fun of speech disorder (such as stuttering) too thinking it's cute and harmless, when it's actually not.

RAMROD

She was just using rehearsed words for interviews. Nothing to do with mental health. You could be overestimating the situation here. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ AND I'M VICTORIA, MALCOLM! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

misunderstood
On 10/24/2018 at 3:09 AM, hellothing said:

Dementia... I can't :laughga:

People won't joke about it if the phrase wasn't severely overused. Is she suffering a mental illness OR is this a carefully planned marketing schtik? You be the judge. I don't see the harm of this, honestly. It's a few memes. No one's insulting her for it.

IDK WHY BUT I'M STILL ****ING SCREAMING :air:

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

joannesrats

I think that you're the problem here.

You are only seeing Gaga as someone that is suffering from various illnesses, mentally or physically, so you associate everything with those. She's still a person, a celebrity, who have to go on these press junkets. They have too many interviews to have 99 different stories (:ladyhaha:). The reason why both Bradley and Gaga repeat a lot of the same stuff for every interview is because these interviews and their networks/programs have very different demographics. The people watching Stephen Colbert aren't going to be watching the panels and interviews at TiFF. 

You're being overdramatic and only seeing her as someone who suffers from an illness. You're the problem - not the ones making jokes. 

/thread

TheSlash

@OP: You may overreact. There's no hate at all and it's just a thing that stars do in their interviews, as people mentioned before.

@others: Don't be rude. OP just wanted to share his/her thoughts and this discussion got completely out of hand. Be kind :kara: :sara:

Ew, David!

Archived