💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Nicki Minaj sued for Copyright Infringment

JusKeepBreathin

Featured Posts

JusKeepBreathin

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/tracy-chapman-sues-nicki-minaj-745934/

Tracy Chapman Sues Nicki Minaj for Stealing 'Baby Can I Hold You' for 'Queen' Leftover Track 'Sorry' [Video]

'Tracy Chapman is suing Nicki Minaj for allegedly stealing her song, “Baby Can I Hold You,” when she recorded “Sorry” — a song that was originally set for inclusion on the ‘Queen’ album.'

'According to the suit, Funkmaster Flex played “Sorry” on Hot 97 and lots of Internet users picked up the song and sent it around. It was also played on “The Breakfast Club” with Charlamagne Tha God.

The day the track was played, Nicki tweeted, “Sis said no,” which, according to the lawsuit, refers to Chapman’s denial to her request to use “Baby Can I Hold You.” Nicki and crew pulled the song from “Queen” and tried to make it disappear, but Tracy says the damage was done.

Tracy is suing for an order prohibiting Nicki and her team from releasing the song again. She also wants damages in the form of loot'

tracy-chapman-nicki-minaj.jpg?crop=900:6

https://www.lovebscott.com/tracy-chapman-sues-nicki-minaj-stealing-baby-can-hold-queen-leftover-track-sorry-video

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JusKeepBreathin
5 minutes ago, Killa said:

Wow Tracy doenst play. Guess coinz are hard to get by

It almost seems like the whole radio release was done on purpose. Why send it to radio stations if you don't have permission to even record it yet. That's probably why Tracy did the law suit.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

CautiousLurker
25 minutes ago, Andreu said:

I did my own version of this song and I plan on posting it next month lmao

Guess we know who she'll sue next :huntyga:

Andreu
3 minutes ago, CautiousLurker said:

Guess we know who she'll sue next :huntyga:

i lowkey want it tho

imagine I appear on the newspapers :vegas:

corvus albus
1 hour ago, Andreu said:

i lowkey want it tho

imagine I appear on the newspapers :vegas:

"An unknown person from Barcelona gets sued after posting a song similar to a Tracy Chapman song"

Everything you need to know exclusively on GGD!

rumours
1 hour ago, Andreu said:

You better have a Fast Car, hun.

DiscoHeaven23
2 hours ago, Andreu said:

tbh, ur prob more relevant than Nicki now so be careful (no pun intended) of Tracy suing you :selena:

Archived