Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
press

ASIB might win 99 awards, but loses Best Picture

Bradley

Featured Posts

Bradley
3 minutes ago, Judas Society said:

Tbh, I think the chances for ASIB to win Best Picture is not that high. Being Bradley's debut, to get nominated is already an impressive feat let alone gaining such widespread acclaim, both critical AND commercial. Of course it would be awesome to win.

Does Gaga get the oscar if ASIB get Best Picture tho? Can someone educate me?:huntyga:

She will not, Best Picture is only awarded to producers, and Bradley is one of them.

However it would still be pretty cool for Gaga to be the lead actress in a Best Picture-nominated/winning film.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
freebit

Sasha is kind of mocked on Awards Watch because she stans Gosling & First Man so hard. I just scrolled through the end of her article (after reading the paragraph of her bemoaning First Man's Oscar chances) and noticed she left out Best Actor as one of the categories it could win, instead placing Bradley in the second tier as "might win" when pretty much nearly everyone is calling him the front runner. :toofunny: I love her dedication. 

Anyway, I just hope Gaga gets a nomination for Best Actress, and wins Best Song. A nom for BA would be a win for her because she's so new, and I think AMPAs won't give up the opportunity of awarding the respected veteran actress with the most nominations and no wins. I think this race is different than Isabelle Huppert vs. Emma Stone because Isabelle wasn't an American icon like Glenn, nor was she the Susan Lucci of the Oscars like Glenn is. 

Judas Society
10 minutes ago, Bradley said:

She will not, Best Picture is only awarded to producers, and Bradley is one of them.

However it would still be pretty cool for Gaga to be the lead actress in a Best Picture-nominated/winning film.

That's true. Best Picture's become like a classic film and future movie lovers will watch it and get to know Gaga from there. Her legendary status will be solid. Not that it isn't solid right now.

Judas Society
1 minute ago, freebit said:

Sasha is kind of mocked on Awards Watch because she stans Gosling & First Man so hard. I just scrolled through the end of her article (after reading the paragraph of her bemoaning First Man's Oscar chances) and noticed she left out Best Actor as one of the categories it could win, instead placing Bradley in the second tier as "might win" when pretty much nearly everyone is calling him the front runner. :toofunny: I love her dedication. 

Anyway, I just hope Gaga gets a nomination for Best Actress, and wins Best Song. A nom for BA would be a win for her because she's so new, and I think AMPAs won't give up the opportunity of awarding the respected veteran actress with the most nominations and no wins. I think this race is different than Isabelle Huppert vs. Emma Stone because Isabelle wasn't an American icon like Glenn, nor was she the Susan Lucci of the Oscars like Glenn is. 

Plus, Emma Stone is already a well-known respected heavy weight in the movie industry.

freebit
2 minutes ago, Judas Society said:

Plus, Emma Stone is already a well-known respected heavy weight in the movie industry.

Yeah, exactly, that was Emma's second nomination. When she was first nominated for Birdman she definitely wasn't the front runner. Cher also won on her second nom. I'd be perfectly happy for Gaga taking the first timer/ingenue slot this year. 

SwissMonster
20 hours ago, Suspiria said:

She could lose 99 oscar noms, but just 1 is all she needs to become an EGOT winner:stalkga:

So the Emmy for „Outstanding Picture Editing for a Special“ would count for Gaga when we talk about the EGOT? :messga:

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

Judas Society
1 hour ago, freebit said:

Yeah, exactly, that was Emma's second nomination. When she was first nominated for Birdman she definitely wasn't the front runner. Cher also won on her second nom. I'd be perfectly happy for Gaga taking the first timer/ingenue slot this year. 

But I hope she will continue the momentum. I'm not sure if she returns to acting after a few years, she will still garner the kind of attention. I don't want her to get off the radar of the industry.

freebit
4 hours ago, Judas Society said:

But I hope she will continue the momentum. I'm not sure if she returns to acting after a few years, she will still garner the kind of attention. I don't want her to get off the radar of the industry.

I feel like if she loses she'll definitely want to try again. 

Bradley
5 hours ago, Judas Society said:

32 minutes ago, freebit said:

I feel like if she loses she'll definitely want to try again. 

I feel like she's gonna make movies regardless of whether she wins the Oscar for A Star Is Born or not.

She said many times that she loves telling stories and that acting was not a career move but a passion for her.

But it seems like the new album and the Vegas residency are the primary focus now, so we gotta wait for some time.

Bradley
6 hours ago, SwissMonster said:

So the Emmy for „Outstanding Picture Editing for a Special“ would count for Gaga when we talk about the EGOT? :messga:

I don't think there is such category but yeah, any Emmy that is directly credited to her is hers.

"unless you want to talk about addiction and suicide. But even those aren’t really themes, or deeper meaning or broader context in our culture."

Wow. Completely out of touch.

SwissMonster
22 minutes ago, Bradley said:

I don't think there is such category but yeah, any Emmy that is directly credited to her is hers.

She actually won in that category :toofunny: Thats why I am asking

Bradley
18 minutes ago, SwissMonster said:

She actually won in that category :toofunny: Thats why I am asking

Oh I'm sorry, but that is credited to the editors of the DVD, and she's not an editor, she was a producer though, so she's still an Emmy-nominee.

SwissMonster
1 hour ago, Bradley said:

Oh I'm sorry, but that is credited to the editors of the DVD, and she's not an editor, she was a producer though, so she's still an Emmy-nominee.

And this was my question, if this award goes to her or not. So you awnsered my question :vegas:

Archived