đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga Should Get The Vanguard Award

DitaDolla

Featured Posts

FinnishGypsy

Basically the only people who have deserved this award are MJ, Madonna, Britney and Gaga.* The other winners are a joke, especially since they give it out every year now. 

2013: Justin Timberlake. His only iconic video is “Cry Me a River,” and then probably “Bye Bye Bye” and “It's Gonna Be Me” from Nsync days.

2014: Beyoncé: Only iconic video is “Single Ladies.” 

2015: Kanye West: Nothing in his career to justify this.

2016: Rihanna: “Umbrella” is the only one that stood the test of time. 

2017: Pink. Very talented artist, but absolutely never been known for amazing, boundary-pushing music videos. Despite all her hits, I can only recall a few of her videos.

2018: Jennifer Lopez. Umm...really? I remember her (first?) video where she danced in front of a webcam, and then the beach one where she took her bikini top off (“Love Dont Cost A Thing?”) and that’s about it. Oh, I did like “I’m Glad,” but since Flashdance sued her for stealing their material without permission, it’s kind of a fail. 

In short, the award is meaningless at this point. Who will win 2019? Camila Cabello? Selena Gomez? MJ should be rolling in his grave.

*ETA: I should amend my statement to clarify these are the only artists I believe deserved it within the generation of popstars I either grew up with or was sufficiently exposed to despite them being past their prime during my childhood. For example, I know Bowie, the Beatles, Janet Jackson and other legends have won in the past and I’m obviously not shading them or their enormous influence on the industry, since Gaga would probably not even exist without Bowie. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MaryJaneHolland
1 minute ago, FinnishGypsy said:

2014: Beyoncé: Only iconic video is “Single Ladies.” 

Crazy In Love, Run The World, Halo, If I Were A Boy....

FinnishGypsy
4 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Crazy In Love, Run The World, Halo, If I Were A Boy....

I remember the songs were big hits, but the only one of those I ever saw was “Crazy In Love.” Oh, and “Best Thing I Never Had” because I really love that song and the video is beautiful. But her most memorable, other than ”Single Ladies,” is definitely “Telephone.” :huntyga:

MaryJaneHolland
Just now, FinnishGypsy said:

I remember the songs were big hits, but the only one of those I ever saw was “Crazy In Love.” Oh, and “Best Thing I Never Had” because I really love that song and the video is beautiful. But her most memorable, other than ”Single Ladies,” is definitely “Telephone.” :huntyga:

Crazy In Love is legendary wyd :selena:

FinnishGypsy
3 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Crazy In Love is legendary wyd :selena:

Haha, I was born and raised in Finland so maybe the videos just weren’t as big there? Beyoncé was never really a huge deal in my home country; her biggest hit was “Beautiful Liar,” which peaked at #2, primarily due to Shakira. CIL didn’t even crack the top 10. :sweat:

I still want to see more videos of her to be release before that and i imagine she would as well but well that's just my head

15 hours ago, FentyGa said:

You say "Even Rihanna" like she's below Gaga
I mean she's not as impactful as Gaga but she's really influential and let's not forget her 14 number ones

I love Rihanna's music. Everyone loves her music. But her videography is not as good as Gaga's or even Katy Perry for that matter. :oops:

FentyGa
45 minutes ago, Adarsh Soni said:

I love Rihanna's music. Everyone loves her music. But her videography is not as good as Gaga's or even Katy Perry for that matter. :oops:

Oh, yeah. Definitely.
I think Katy Perry has one of the best videographies of any artist, and Gaga would if it wasn't for DWUW not coming out and Joanne

Archived