💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga Should Get The Vanguard Award

DitaDolla

Featured Posts

HorusRa2

She deserves it for her early works. Her latest videos aren’t up to par. Although, they fit with their associated eras. I’m sure next album cycle will be a somewhat return to form (also depends on budget...). 

Shell get it eventually. ❤️

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, ShockPop said:

Her videos since TEOG drama have been awful. You and I, and MTN were good concepts but the camera work and technical side were shoddy as hell. She needs a flawless video era.

Applause is her greatest video tho to me anyway :heart:

ShockPop
3 minutes ago, UK Monster said:

Applause is her greatest video tho to me anyway :heart:

There's too much "here's some graphics we added to shots in a black studio". Poor execution.

ChromaticPrincess
19 minutes ago, ShockPop said:

Her videos since TEOG drama have been awful. You and I, and MTN were good concepts but the camera work and technical side were shoddy as hell. She needs a flawless video era.

You and I MV is okay but sometimes the camera quality is kinda low and for 2011 that’s kinda annoying

But yeah I definitely agree with you on MTN MV that vid was a mess when it came to camera angles but I think that was the purpose to convey gags anger and despair after being dropped from Def Jam 

Also you completely left out Applause and John Wayne which I believed are masterpieces. (G.U.Y. was too over the top for me and only the first part seemed to have any real meaning the rest was just a waste of time and money) 

OT: she needs one final era of perfect and iconic MV’s to really seal the deal. Tbh she should’ve gotten this year but I think she wanted to focus on ASIB at that time + MTV hasn’t been in her good side since 2013 so she might not even show up if she were to be nominated

✨oh the lights dim while we’re dancing yeah the floor is shaking in this disco heaven✨

highlikegaga

no one cares about that tired award in 2018.

She's getting OSCAR buzz. so THAT compared to the VMAs is just :huntyga:

also, as someone stated, she's been asked numerous times and she declines.

so LMs should put the Vanguard Award in the same folder with Act II, DWUW video and whatever...since those things are not happening :vegas:

49 minutes ago, DitaDolla said:

First of all, it's been since 2017 that she deserved this award. Her videos are just ICONIC and literally changed the world.

Now, I agree ASIB didn't serve amazing mv's, but it's ok bc it's from a movie. BUT, Gaga is the BIGGEST FEMALE MUSICIAN RN AND SHE TRULY DESERVES THIS. 

What do u think?

Discuss Geys:grr:

Xanax, Jackson:poot:

She deserved it back in 2014 tbh! G.U.Y solidified the greatness of her discography for me! No artist can top her videos at this point, no current artist especially! I don’t think I’ve seen a pop girl even top Applause, with it’s top-notch art direction and cinematography!

Vanguard is so obviously a BOUGHT award that artists use to promote an upcoming era or comeback. MJ is rollin’ in his grave! Might come in handy for Gaga, after ASIB and for when LG6 arrives. I’m sure there’s many artists who have won the award that don’t even have as many VMAs as Gaga.

Schizophonic

by the way. i really think she cut back videos like she cut back her looks. to have a better contrast if she really comes back big with top 40 popmusic.

PeachJug
43 minutes ago, ShockPop said:

uhuhm You and I and MTN were perfect

and Applause

so was John Wayne

Chickens in Malibu

"Now, I agree ASIB didn't serve amazing mv's"

I'll Never Love Again says hello.

It's her best music video to date.

ShockPop
46 minutes ago, PeachJug said:

uhuhm You and I and MTN were perfect

and Applause

so was John Wayne

If you think the scenes in the barn with the dancing had anything other than truly dreadful camera work you're wrong.

The editing was the problem with MTN. Telling a story that stalls on the 2nd verse to show her learning to dance for almost a FULL VERSE?! What the eff?! Then rushing the rest when the redemption was the main part...

Applause was just in-studio graphics over black backdrop. Yawn. I understood the references, but so What?

GUY had great scenery especially the indoor pool scenes but once again there was poor camera work and editing. Ruined it. Made it look like a high school project.

PI had great execution. It did what it set out to do... but what it set out to do wasn't very interesting.

Million Reasons.. .. ......

John Wayne was so close to perfect. So close.. but there was something about it that felt like a contractual obligation.

PeachJug
16 minutes ago, ShockPop said:

If you think the scenes in the barn with the dancing had anything other than truly dreadful camera work you're wrong.

giphy.gif

KatieJudasGaga4
20 minutes ago, ShockPop said:

The editing was the problem with MTN. Telling a story that stalls on the 2nd verse to show her learning to dance for almost a FULL VERSE?! What the eff?! Then rushing the rest when the redemption was the main part...

Applause was just in-studio graphics over black backdrop. Yawn. I understood the references, but so What?

GUY had great scenery especially the indoor pool scenes but once again there was poor camera work and editing. Ruined it. Made it look like a high school project.

PI had great execution. It did what it set out to do... but what it set out to do wasn't very interesting.

Million Reasons.. .. ......

John Wayne was so close to perfect. So close.. but there was something about it that felt like a contractual obligation.

You're wrong again.....

Andrea B

She doesn't want it, admin(he's in contact with Interscope) said that she has declined the award many times. 

Archived