Jump to content
Apple Music
🎤 Use code GAGAVEGAS at SeatGeek.com to get $20 off tickets 🎤
question

INLA Lyrics - Did Jack only write the chorus? (Spoilers)

Featured Posts

MEM

Obviously I've had INLA on repeat, and noticed something.

The lyrics we see on the paper with Jack's handwriting (during the rehab visit) are the chorus.

That means Ally wrote all the verses, right? I mean it's kind of obvious, especially considering the parts I highlighted:

Verse 1:

Wish I could
I could have said goodbye
I would have said what I wanted to
Maybe even cried for you 

If I knew it would be the last time
I would have broke my heart in two

Tryin’ to save a part of you 

Verse 2:

When we first met
I never thought that I would fall
I never thought that I’d find myself lyin’ in your arms
Mmmm mmmm
And I wanna pretend that it’s not true oh baby that you’re gone
Cause my world keeps turnin’ and turnin’ and turnin’ and I’m not movin’ on

I won’t I won’t I swear I can’t I wish I could but I just won’t
I’ll never love again


I imagine she tried finishing it during the scene where she's devastated, trying to figure out notes on the piano...because of the last cut of Jack singing, I always assumed he wrote the entire thing but obviously it wouldn't make any sense.

Also, the part/chorus Jack wrote is not only his last love letter...I kept wondering why he wouldn't leave Ally a suicide note or something but all at once it hit me that HE LEFT HER WITH THIS SONG I'M- :messga:

  • Like 5
  • Shook 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
LabCoatDude

Jack finished Shallow, and Ally finished I'll Never Love Again.

:selena::cryga:

  • Like 9
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 2
  • Shook 15
  • Sad 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
KatieJudasGaga4

I think so, I thought about that too.

Like the chorus states "Don't wanna start another fire" and that fits perfectly at the situation they were both in before, so I think Jack would write that.

Edited by KatieJudasGaga4
"Crash Through The Surface, Where They Can't Hurt Us"
  • Like 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
MEM
5 minutes ago, LabCoatDude said:

Jack finished Shallow, and Ally finished I'll Never Love Again.

:selena::cryga:

SHUT UP I WASN'T PREPARED FOR THIS :toofunny:

  • Like 6
  • LMAO 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
MEM
5 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

I think so, I thought about that too.

Like the chorus states "Don't wanna start another fire" and that fits perfectly at the situation they were both in before, so I think Jack would write that.

He definitely wrote that!

IMG-5341.jpg

Edited by MEM
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Defmix100

Also in Always Remember Us This Way she sings "the part of me that's you will never die"

and in INLA she sings "don't wanna give somebody else the better part of me" so I assumed she was talking about the same part of her being him

  • Like 3
  • YAAAS 1
  • Shook 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Earthling

I'm actually so sad right now thinking about this song 

my boyfriend and I were listening to the soundtrack again and when Jack's part comes in at the end we both started crying 

WHY COULDN'T THEY JUST LIVE OUT THEIR LIVES HAPPILY TOGETHER :messga:

That part literally grabs my heart and starts squeezing it

and thinking about the song being like a suicide note he left her makes sense, and why it was so awkward when she told him she found it.

*HRH Duchess of Teavana® Matcha Lemonade 🍵✨
  • Sad 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
RadioIsOurs

All royalties go to Ally though :poot:

Edited by RadioIsOurs
20GAYTEEN better cum thru
  • YAAAS 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
gypsy101
1 hour ago, MEM said:

Also, the part/chorus Jack wrote is not only his last love letter...I kept wondering why he wouldn't leave Ally a suicide note or something but all at once it hit me that HE LEFT HER WITH THIS SONG I'M- :messga:

huh, when she visits him in rehab he does say something about “i thought maybe you’d find it when I... when it got back to you” or something along those lines. he could have meant the suicide!

  • Like 3
  • Sad 3

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Defmix100
2 minutes ago, gypsy101 said:

huh, when she visits him in rehab he does say something about “i thought maybe you’d find it when I... when it got back to you” or something along those lines. he could have meant the suicide!

yeah I thought he meant suicide or death in general and she looks like she doesn't know how to respond at first

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Glitter Monster
5 minutes ago, gypsy101 said:

huh, when she visits him in rehab he does say something about “i thought maybe you’d find it when I... when it got back to you” or something along those lines. he could have meant the suicide!

I never noticed (mostly bc I was busy crying) but you are right ... makes me feel even sadder:ohno:

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
MEM
3 hours ago, Earthling said:

I'm actually so sad right now thinking about this song 

my boyfriend and I were listening to the soundtrack again and when Jack's part comes in at the end we both started crying 

WHY COULDN'T THEY JUST LIVE OUT THEIR LIVES HAPPILY TOGETHER :messga:

That part literally grabs my heart and starts squeezing it

and thinking about the song being like a suicide note he left her makes sense, and why it was so awkward when she told him she found it.

RIGHT?!?!?!?!

It actually makes more sense that it was on Jack's mind the whole time DESPITE the fact that he was getting sober...he really had so many demons that Ally couldn't have understood :messga:

He really did it out of love her which kills me the most...and an interesting topic for debate too, but when it comes to suicide it's easy to think that they're being selfish, but for Jack it was really out of love for Ally and so he wouldn't stand in her way or embarrass her any more. And even though we hate Rez so much, what he said only solidified what Jack was thinking the whole time. :messga:

Ally really was Jack's final purpose on earth :messga:

  • Like 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
T3rrorBlade
2 hours ago, wunderlance said:

BC0734-FD-0-C6-B-47-D6-9-A74-7-DFC8-B30-

:air::air::air: wtf is your mind? 

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ FIREPROOF ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁
  • LMAO 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vitleysingur
4 hours ago, MEM said:

He definitely wrote that!

IMG-5341.jpg

DqHMd5gVAAE3loH?format=jpg

Dreams of you and me are in the dirt.

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×