💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Should Madonna be able to play Gaga’s songs?

Kimmo

Featured Posts

A Hybrid
Just now, A Hybrid said:

You made a typo :huntyga:

I was here to praise the vocals of a song on The Fame but nvm

No family’s safe when I sashay

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, FentyGa said:

Girl please don't act like it doesn't have the same melody as the bridge of Express Yourself
I doubt Gaga purposefully sampled it, but probably subconsciously. 

Girl please don't act like that melody hasn't been going around in synth pop/disco music years before Madonna's debut. 

32 minutes ago, FentyGa said:

Girl please don't act like it doesn't have the same melody as the bridge of Express Yourself

Girl please don't act like you know songwriting. The melody isn't the same, but the chord progression. And it's a pretty common chord progression in many songs. :ladyhaha: 

6 hours ago, Snow said:

Except Gaga isn't credited so she didn't get a penny.

Lmao are you serious???? 

Hottie Detector

Lady Spring
On 10/21/2018 at 6:35 PM, Didymus said:

I've been a fan since 2008 girlfriend :ladyhaha:

She can't do soft. Can't. Sorry. It's true. It has nothing to do with control and everything with the color of her voice. She has to belt and rely on high notes to make an impression of emotion. That's not a bad thing btw. It's just like Madonna who can't do high notes to save her life.

That is true.

um no :huntyga:

gaga's soft vocals are b.e.a.u.t.i.f.u..l :oops:  like the rest of her voice

she just chooses not to use it often :ohwell:

4 hours ago, VOLANTIS said:

But didn’t djws say that he found it funny how he and Gaga were the ones profiting from Madonna performing BTW? 

That was Fernando Garibay not DJWS 

Hottie Detector

1 hour ago, FentyGa said:

Girl please don’t act like you know exactly what’s going on in Gaga’s subconscious 

:ladyhaha:

Hottie Detector

Didymus
On 10/22/2018 at 8:35 AM, Bradley said:

I watched the performance of Madonna singing La Vie En Rose over again after this, and it's good that you enjoyed it, I did think it was okay, but not something I would commend in terms of vocal performance.

She's horrible in it lol

But she is softer and more atmospheric while Gaga goes for a more spectacular, dramatic version. That was the only point of comparing those two, Madonna's version is abysmally sung.

On 10/22/2018 at 8:35 AM, Bradley said:

I do not think she's able to do what Gaga could not, like that softness in the voice quality that you mention, I don't see anything special in Madonna, in fact I think Gaga is able to sing low/soft notes even better, with stronger emotions even.

It's just my opinion.

Well, I respect that, of course. My guess is you haven't really dug into Madonna's discography, though. Which you don't have to. I just don't understand how someone could deny that Madonna's voice sounds softer than Gaga's :messga:

Didymus
On 10/22/2018 at 9:35 AM, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

What are you talking about. Madonna can't even sing her own songs that she has to lip sync them...

tenor.gif?itemid=5910278

Hide contents

I'm joking btw...she can sing, but saying she can sing a Gaga song better than Gaga is like.....

I don't mean she'd be better technically (god knows especially not now), just that her voice would've suited the tone more successfully.

I just never thought Gaga's performance of that song was... appropriate. She sounds quite harsh and monotonous instead of emotional and demure. I never understood why she went for that sound, as she does on most of her ballads. My guess is just that she doesn't do soft and elegant well, as she is 1000x better playing the big drama singer, like on Lush Life, La Vie en Rose and Bang Bang (which she does excellently, of course).

Didymus
22 hours ago, T3rrorBlade said:

I just don't understand why you need to reciprocate just to make them equal to everything when it's obvious that Gaga is a better vocalist:oprah:

That is obvious.

But what is also obvious is that they have entirely different vocal tones and that one matches particular song types better. Madonna is not a great singer but she has several iconic ballads in which she plays to her voice's strengths. That's all I meant with it, y'all are the ones turning this into a "who's better" competition :ladyhaha:

That J
On 10/21/2018 at 4:19 AM, BrothaGaga said:

She can, as long as she pays for it. That's what she and her team did when they tried to "shade" Gaga by performing BTW at her concerts. Perform all you want, Gaga gets copyright money from it :)

Except she didnt. If you watch the end credits to the MDNA tour, the EY/BTW copywriting and credit info ONLY goes for EY.....which some found was the biggest diss of all.  

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

Queen Bitch

The only Gaga songs I can mention that would fit Madonna's voice are Joanne and Grigio Girls. But if she wants to sing any of her songs, let her do it. 

A Madonna thread never is a good idea:huntyga:

I agree with Didymus, Madonna  is no Carla Bruni or some Tracy Chapman but she does that story telling thing and it's quite great. I've watched some moments like that, and she's engaging without much effort

Gaga even the way she builds the songs, it's just too much drama:huntyga:. And that's the way she engages with the audience.

Let's just let Miss M rest at home with her feature song being streamed thankx

I find it amazing how even Madonna isn't that great of a singer she still is able to keep your attention and is entertaining. Which is what she's all about. She's a performer and there's nothing wrong with that. 

Archived