Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Should straights be able to play gay roles?

loathereality

Featured Posts

loathereality
1 minute ago, Marges9 said:

why should they not? :derpga:

ask this to the twitter gays :ladyhaha:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, loathereality said:

ask this to the twitter gays :ladyhaha:

i am a shame cuz i do not have twitter 

Reality
3 hours ago, Hoeanne said:

In one sentence you say that Tex is a man, but in the next you claim he was actually a woman. Which is it?

My point was that if you want him to be played by a woman because he never had sexual reconstructive surgery because that would more "accurately" represent his physical body, then ScarJo is still not the right choice because she looks absolutely nothing like him.

I said multiple times that for the sake of this discussion, Tex is female. I am not trying to be transphobic by saying that Tex is a female, even though he identifies as a male. In the real world, I would absolutely call Tex a male, regardless of whether he transitioned or not. If he identifies as male, he is male.

However, in this discussion, Tex never transitioned, so biologically and anatomically Tex is female. Because of that, I don't see how Scarlett is a bad choice.

As for Tex being a bigger man, I personally don't think it's an issue that Scarlett's thinner. There have been plenty of movies and remakes where the original character looked like someone else, but is now different. 

🃏🖤👹

DeleteMyAccount

Of course, but at the same time, Hollywood really isn't as diverse as critics may say they are. Hollywood needs to start creating roles that LGBTQ can play. And not just stereotypical roles.. Movies always need stars and there just happens to be more straight actors, but at the end of the day I would like to see more LGBTQ given roles considering how shitty mainstream media(film, TV) have portrayed LGBTQ for the past few decades. We deserve better. 

I've also seen straight actors try and get all method when preparing for gay roles. For example, Omari Hardwick playing gay. He played it up like it was some crazy role that he had to dig into his straight soul to play.  Like is it that deep? Can't we just get LGBTQ actors to do it without that mess? I think that's a relevant point. 

Felicity Huffman did a great job playing a trans woman...

I don't see the issue. If you have an open audition--and have no prejudice over wether the actor you're working with is gay/straight--the job should be given to the person who auditioned best.

loathereality
6 hours ago, Pacify Him said:

Chris Evans really should play a gay role some time :hor:

omg omg omg

Pacify Him
1 hour ago, loathereality said:

omg omg omg

And I want him as the bottom in that film :creepflop:

I’m getting on your nerves

loathereality
24 minutes ago, Pacify Him said:

And I want him as the bottom in that film :creepflop: