Apple Music
🎤 Use code GAGAVEGAS at SeatGeek.com to get $20 off tickets 🎤
question

Should straights be able to play gay roles?

Featured Posts

Adarsh Soni
5 minutes ago, loathereality said:

I hundred ler cent agree cate here

:huh:

• LMAO 20
  • Thanks 1

Boyboi12
2 minutes ago, Adarsh Soni said:

:huh:

Funny **** is... I read that sentence with no problem :toofunny: now I notice :emma:

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 1

M Monstre

Absolutely. 

I think more gay actors should be given opportunities to act, however, sexual orientation isn't something like race. You can't hire a white actor to play an Asian role (I mean, wouldn't it be ridiculous to have the leads in Crazy Rich Asians be white?), but I think you can hire straight actors to play gay characters. It's not like you can be like "he/she can't play a gay character! They don't even look gay!"

💗🧡💛💚💙💜
  • Like 27
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1

loathereality
2 minutes ago, Boyboi12 said:

Funny **** is... I read that sentence with no problem :toofunny: now I notice :emma:

its like 2 letter

Boyboi12
Just now, loathereality said:

its like 2 letter

:stalkga:maybe if you drink as much as i have you’ll understand also. :derpga: 

• Love 1

gypsy101

i just find it irritating that gays sometimes can’t play straight and i think too many gay roles are given to straight men. like, i loved Call Me By Your Name but neither of the actors could have been played by a gay actor? i just find it obnoxious of hollywood to rarely cast gays as gays

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Boyboi12
1 minute ago, gypsy101 said:

i just find it irritating that gays sometimes can’t play straight and i think too many gay roles are given to straight men. like, i loved Call Me By Your Name but neither of the actors could have been played by a gay actor? i just find it obnoxious of hollywood to rarely cast gays as gays

:interestinga: there have been plenty of films where gay men have played straight. 

Edited by Boyboi12
  • Like 9

loathereality
Just now, M Monstre said:

Absolutely. 

I think more gay actors should be given opportunities to act, however, sexual orientation isn't something like race. You can't hire a white actor to play an Asian role (I mean, wouldn't it be ridiculous to have the leads in Crazy Rich Asians be white?), but I think you can hire straight actors to play gay characters. It's not like you can be like "he/she can't play a gay character! They don't even look gay!"

how abt scarlett johansson