Jump to content
Apple Music
🎤 Use code GAGAVEGAS at SeatGeek.com to get $20 off tickets 🎤
question

Should straights be able to play gay roles?

Featured Posts

Adarsh Soni
5 minutes ago, loathereality said:

I hundred ler cent agree cate here

:huh:

  • LMAO 20
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boyboi12
2 minutes ago, Adarsh Soni said:

:huh:

Funny **** is... I read that sentence with no problem :toofunny: now I notice :emma:

  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
M Monstre

Absolutely. 

I think more gay actors should be given opportunities to act, however, sexual orientation isn't something like race. You can't hire a white actor to play an Asian role (I mean, wouldn't it be ridiculous to have the leads in Crazy Rich Asians be white?), but I think you can hire straight actors to play gay characters. It's not like you can be like "he/she can't play a gay character! They don't even look gay!"

💗🧡💛💚💙💜
  • Like 27
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
loathereality
2 minutes ago, Boyboi12 said:

Funny **** is... I read that sentence with no problem :toofunny: now I notice :emma:

its like 2 letter

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boyboi12
Just now, loathereality said:

its like 2 letter

:stalkga:maybe if you drink as much as i have you’ll understand also. :derpga: 

  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
gypsy101

i just find it irritating that gays sometimes can’t play straight and i think too many gay roles are given to straight men. like, i loved Call Me By Your Name but neither of the actors could have been played by a gay actor? i just find it obnoxious of hollywood to rarely cast gays as gays

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boyboi12
1 minute ago, gypsy101 said:

i just find it irritating that gays sometimes can’t play straight and i think too many gay roles are given to straight men. like, i loved Call Me By Your Name but neither of the actors could have been played by a gay actor? i just find it obnoxious of hollywood to rarely cast gays as gays

:interestinga: there have been plenty of films where gay men have played straight. 

Edited by Boyboi12
  • Like 9

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
loathereality
Just now, M Monstre said:

Absolutely. 

I think more gay actors should be given opportunities to act, however, sexual orientation isn't something like race. You can't hire a white actor to play an Asian role (I mean, wouldn't it be ridiculous to have the leads in Crazy Rich Asians be white?), but I think you can hire straight actors to play gay characters. It's not like you can be like "he/she can't play a gay character! They don't even look gay!"

how abt scarlett johansson

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×