Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why Is Pop Radio Not Picking Up Shallow?

Economy

Featured Posts

Economy

Sales: monstrous

Streams: pretty solid

Radio: been surging on Hot Adult Contemporary for almost a week and AI to spins ratio in all formats have a high  ratio showing public interest

So what's the issue? It's not even top 50 :neyde:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ferretti

I mean, it REALLY doesn't sound like current pop music or rap music. I dunno, it's a live track, which is weird. I don't really see it taking off on pop radio, sadly.

I think INLA has a better shot, honestly.

disco stick tester, inquire within

nswain1110

I was wondering the same thing, especially since pop adds were so high... really strange. 

Follow me on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/natethetrailhunter/

4 minutes ago, Economy said:

Sales: monstrous

Streams: pretty solid

Radio: been surging on Hot Adult Contemporary for almost a week and AI to spins ratio in all formats have a high  ratio showing public interest

So what's the issue? It's not even top 50 :neyde:

That is a shame that pop radio is sleeping on it there. Shallow is getting good airplay from Heart FM here which is the main radio station in my part of the country at least and also on Smooth along with a couple of other ASIB tracks but Capital FM which is the cool radio for younger audiences are completely snubbing it here which is annoying. 

Schizophonic

do we know if they sent never love again already to the radios? i really dont understand why shallow has not more plays.

YourWhiskyMouth

Side note: my local Adult Contemporary station played Shallow, I'll Never Love Again, Always Remember Us This Way, and Look What I Found yesterday all within like 2 hours :diane:

Quartz

Because radio is trash. There's a reason it's a dying format :interestinga:

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

Reality

I think it's because it's just so different from anything else on the radio right now. 

Also, I'm no composer, or musical analyst, or whatever but I think one of the "problems" with the song, and the reason why it may not do extremely well on radio is that it's a very unstructured song. When you look at a song like Is That Alright? or Before I Cry, you can easily see them doing well on radio because not only do they sound like radio ballads, but they have a structure. It's a verse --> chorus --> verse --> chorus --> bridge --> final chorus. With Shallow, it's not like that. It's like verse --> verse --> chorus --> bridge --> final chorus. In my opinion, it takes too long to get to the "meat" of the song, which is why it may not doing extremely well on radio.

Now before anyone quotes me, I love Shallow. I love the fact that it's live, both Bradley and Gaga complement each other well, it showcases Gaga's amazing vocals at the end, etc. However, that's just the reality of how music is these days. 

🖤👹

Chris Evans
2 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

I think it's because it's just so different from anything else on the radio right now. 

Also, I'm no composer, or musical analyst, or whatever but I think one of the "problems" with the song, and the reason why it may not do extremely well on radio is that it's a very unstructured song. When you look at a song like Is That Alright? or Before I Cry, you can easily see them doing well on radio because not only do they sound like radio ballads, but they have a structure. It's a verse --> chorus --> verse --> chorus --> bridge --> final chorus. With Shallow, it's not like that. It's like verse --> verse --> chorus --> bridge --> final chorus. In my opinion, it takes too long to get to the "meat" of the song, which is why it may not doing extremely well on radio.

Now before anyone quotes me, I love Shallow. I love the fact that it's live, both Bradley and Gaga complement each other well, it showcases Gaga's amazing vocals at the end, etc. However, that's just the reality of how music is these days. 

all of this.

it's a great song and people are clearly listening to it but it doesn't fit today's radio although I still think they should give it a chance

Economy
12 minutes ago, GagaTheExplorer said:

the song is not very radio friendly...

But there's always music on radio that isn't the typical radio friendly... If there's demand for it, that's how some non typical pop songs make it into spins and airplay

joannesrats

It's not gonna do well on the radio. In addition to being an unstructured song, the song itself doesn't sound anything remotely close to anything else on the radio right now. With all the other odd-ball songs that come up at least they sound like something similar to what's being played right now. Also, it's a live track. That never gets picked up. It's a lost cause, it doesn't matter how much we love it. I'm counting on INLA

gypsy101
25 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

how dare you come for Shallow like that, i am quoting you showing you hate Shallow

jk sis that’s probably a good reason, i wish they had done a more radio edit that was verse chorus verse chorus bridge chorus cause that’s just how the public understands pop music to be.

Archived