Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
opinion

Gaga's team should sue ...

Guest Anisko

Featured Posts

jaXXXon
6 hours ago, ThatBish said:

Look, i'm not saying that what you're saying isn't true but there is truth to what people are saying.

My own mother is a devout muslim and she grew up in east Africa before she moved here when I was very little, I was raised muslim but decided my own path.

Anyway she taught me that music was kinda a bad thing in islam, like only percussion and vocals are alright hence prayer calls and such.

Don't get me wrong, she listened to a lot of music during a time when she wasn't a strict muslim anymore, she got me into gorrilaz and george michael like wtf.

I just think there is some truth to it even though culturally it's fine to listen to music.

The most popular show in the Middle East is The Voice and The X Factor. 

People, all it takes is a little more research and a little less hearsay :saladga:

gypsy101

sorry i didn’t mean to offend, i thought that’s what i had heard about muslims and music! i am open to the fact that i am wrong 

Leblanc
3 hours ago, jaXXXon said:

The most popular show in the Middle East is The Voice and The X Factor. 

People, all it takes is a little more research and a little less hearsay :saladga:

I'm sorry but you guys are seriously missing the point. 

Like I said my mother grew up strict muslim in Africa, she prays 5 times a day and follows every rule.

Now it may not say it in the qu'ran but a decent amount of muslims believe it to be forbidden, a quick check online can even show you that.

Coven Season

10 hours ago, Anisko said:

U cant't beleive everything on the internet .. We have legendary singers like "oum kathoum" "asmahan" "souad housni" "sabah" .. We have female pop singer icons like "haifa wehby" "nancy ajram" "elissa" "meryam fares" .. 

There's some religious people said that music is forbidden in Islam but we don't even care about them . 

Btw redone is muslim and arabic guy from Morocco lol

I recommend u this music video that will makes u really fall in love with Arabic pop music and will absolutely makes u change your mind about us. 

Please watch it and give me your opinion it really matters to me . All the love 

But none of those singers relate to western music, and Lady Gaga? Are you going to suggest Born This Way is blasted and played everywhere like the artists you mention? K.

Shipper

I found this whole thread very informative and this is the kind of thread i love to read cause there's actually an exchange of information and I'm learning from BOTH sides.

There is a conversation going on to understand the issue instead of cancelling each other and plain witty comebacks and gifs. So keep on going cause I will keep on reading cause i know little about this topic. 

:heart:

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

jaXXXon
9 hours ago, ThatBish said:

I'm sorry but you guys are seriously missing the point. 

Like I said my mother grew up strict muslim in Africa, she prays 5 times a day and follows every rule.

Now it may not say it in the qu'ran but a decent amount of muslims believe it to be forbidden, a quick check online can even show you that.

MOST muslims, like 95 percent, listen to music. Your example is rare. The majority of muslims listen to music, love music (although mostly local music) and it's a must at weddings, engagement parties and birthdays. 

It's like counting how many Americans aren't circumsized. There are many but MOST are, so that's exactly like your example. 

The Fame

This really isn't even a sue-able offense. Some random middle-eastern facebook group saying the movie stinks? Yeah, they are not wasting $ in court over that. 

Leblanc
1 hour ago, jaXXXon said:

MOST muslims, like 95 percent, listen to music. Your example is rare. The majority of muslims listen to music, love music (although mostly local music) and it's a must at weddings, engagement parties and birthdays. 

It's like counting how many Americans aren't circumsized. There are many but MOST are, so that's exactly like your example. 

I'm literally saying what you are,

Even if the majority listen to music, a minority still don't and thats where the perception comes from so you should be able to understand why people might think that.

That's all i'm saying, heck i believed for most of my childhood.

Coven Season

10 hours ago, MadonnasSis said:

But none of those singers relate to western music, and Lady Gaga? Are you going to suggest Born This Way is blasted and played everywhere like the artists you mention? K.

I was born in a religious family but I grow up listening to all type of western music.. Maria Carey Celine Dion MJ witney h Madonna cher cause those artists is literally are playing everywhere...  MJ for exemple his only concert in africa was in tunisia wich is a muslim country ... I even knew gaga back in 2010 when alejandro was playing everywhere in radios in tunisia ... We're alowed to do whaterever we want here.. For example drinking alcohol is forbiden in Islam but we're allowed to drink .. 

Use google and youtube and search for the life style in Lebanon/dubia/ tunsia etc etc and u will be blowing trust me.  All the love 

1 hour ago, The Fame said:

This really isn't even a sue-able offense. Some random middle-eastern facebook group saying the movie stinks? Yeah, they are not wasting $ in court over that. 

But her team needs to do something cause her image is fu**ed up here ... She's even have a concert ones in Dubai..  Imagine if she will comeback now and there's people who's destroying her image everyday the concert would be a flop .. 

SwissMonster
21 hours ago, gypsy101 said:

you know for a movie $4 mil is like... not a lot right? lol

plus in a lot of the middle east people are literally NOT ALLOWED to listen to music (which seems like some kind of cult BS to me)

This comment is kind of stereotypical and rasist to be honest. I am not from the Middle East, but to assume they are all closed minded country’s is a very old kind of thinking :awkney:

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

bloody g
23 hours ago, Altair said:

It’s not like she cares about anything outside of the US anymore...

:ohwell:

Wrong, she agreed to sign hundreds of ASIB ost copies so she could debut at #1 in the UK

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

Archived