Jump to content
Apple Music
🎤 Use code GAGAVEGAS at SeatGeek.com to get $20 off tickets 🎤
question

ASIB: Nod to Judy Garland Wardrobe?

Featured Posts

Just A Holy Fool

Is it just me, or is Ally’s work uniform a clear nod to Judy Garland’s wardrobe in her version of A Star Is Born? That was my first thought when I saw it, and was shook when she took out the garbage and then started singing Somewhere Over The Rainbow. :giveup:

  • Like 3
  • YAAAS 2

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
GagaPayMyWifi
3 minutes ago, Just A Holy Fool said:

Is it just me, or is Ally’s work uniform a clear nod to Judy Garland’s wardrobe in her version of A Star Is Born? That was my first thought when I saw it, and was shook when she took out the garbage and then started singing Somewhere Over The Rainbow. :giveup:

I think she pays tribute to her with that outfit and the song. And also to Whitney with the last song.

Edited by GagaPayMyWifi
  • Like 3
  • YAAAS 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
derpmonster

She always looks so good in men's inspired clothes :hug:

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pierre

She also wore the red shoes during the last scene/INLA.

❝Is not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually cerulean❞.
  • YAAAS 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rio
5 hours ago, GagaPayMyWifi said:

I think she pays tribute to her with that outfit and the song. And also to Whitney with the last song.

To Whitney in what way? Because it’s a power love ballad like I’ll Always Love You? 🤔

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
Miel
35 minutes ago, Rio said:

To Whitney in what way? Because it’s a power love ballad like I’ll Always Love You? 🤔

Melodically and tonally there are some superficial similarities with I Will Always Love You and I Have Nothing, yeah.

3 points in and ready for more
  • Love 1

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites
danilov
38 minutes ago, Miel said:

Melodically and tonally there are some superficial similarities with I Will Always Love You and I Have Nothing, yeah.

im not quite sure that is a tribute. coincidence, it is. but tribute? i think not

Share


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×