đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Could 'The Cure' have...? [ASIB SPOILERS(?)]

PlastiscGuy

Featured Posts

BlackJudas

DJWS said The Cure was recorded when they weren't sure of the direction....they didn't know if it was going to be for ASIB or for another project so it can go either way. The production and lyrics do fit the theme of the movie and soundtrack but it wasn't necessarily recorded FOR it.

"So, we were writing songs for things we knew about, writing songs for fun, writing songs about certain concepts, and then that kind of melody came out of whatever—and then it just sat as an idea. Specifically for nothing. Then we started honing in on the work for A Star Is Born. Things started becoming more realistic and more definitive—more defined for the film."

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Cure fits perfectly with the story but DJWS has no reason to lie about the origin of the song.  I think him and Gaga were just making music, with the story of ASIB on their mind and they liked the sounds that they were making for ASIB.

TEANUS

I think it was made with the intention of being included in the film (The Cure and Hair Body Face have the most similar instrumentals out of anything in Gaga’s discography, other than the drum patterns of A-YO and MANiCURE). She even sings The Cure in a similar fashion to the ASIB tracks: heavy use of head voice, traditional song structure, lots of spoken words. But they had too many pop songs (they barely fit the three in that they used) and Gaga wanted Sonja to hear it before she inevitably passed so she used it as a treat for Sonja+Coachella+the fans

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

Sandrology

Didn't someone on GGD say that in the early screenings the movie was nearly 3 hours long?

I could Imagine that all the Soundtrack-Tracks were once in this version and they cut it to 2 hours.

Just Imagine "Deleted Scenes" in the ASIB DVD where all these songs appear..

derpmonster

Give us this day our (Gaga)daily thread :poot:

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Tom Nook

I feel like everyone is overthinking the origin and the association of ASIB with the Cure :poot: like it came from the same sessions as the other pop songs hence the similar sound. It wasn’t attached to anything particular at the moment, it has a generic message that it could honestly applied to either Sonja or Jackson. So unless Gaga or Mark Nilan Jr. say anything different, The Cure is simply it’s own entity :spin:

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

FFXSoul91

I definitely think it was written with the intent of being for the soundtrack, but ultimately, that changed.

Then Gaga decided that she liked it enough to release it anyway and brought Bloodpop in to spice it up a bit.

I don’t think we’ll ever know why it was written tbh but what I do know is, it’s SUCH an Ally/Jack song and it kills me :messga: why couldn’t she save him WHY couldn’t they change the ending and f*** the other ASIBs 

FATCAT
4 hours ago, whipopotamus said:

It's speculated though that Is That Alright ( the live version from the credits) was performed after their wedding because it comes after the 'vows' dialogue.  I just think the scene was ultimately unnecessary for the movie so they cut the live bit and released the studio version

My guess is that last May, when they were having issues with the mvoies pace, they cut out a couple performances for time. The DVD copies might include that extra footage. (or have a directors cut)

Purr more, hiss less.

AndrewGr

Yes. Cure was made during ASIB sessions, so the intention was to be used in ASIB. DJWS is unsuccessfully trying to make it seem like it wasn't scrapped to be used as a single for Gaga, but we all know the truth :vegas:

giskardsb

The cure is better than any of the ASIB pop songs though I don’t see them cutting that one out and keeping the others. 

androiduser

it definitely fits the movie and sounds like a lot like Heal Me.... they probably scrapped the scenes with the song and Gaga was left with a good song she didn't want to go to waste.

derpmonster
3 hours ago, MEM said:

I don’t think we’ll ever know why it was written tbh but what I do know is, it’s SUCH an Ally/Jack song and it kills me :messga: why couldn’t she save him WHY couldn’t they change the ending and f*** the other ASIBs 

Because it's the same story told over and over again.

All they can offer to the world is how they see it. But it's still gotta be the same story :trollga:

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

6 hours ago, AlotofApollo said:

Didn't someone on GGD say that in the early screenings the movie was nearly 3 hours long?

I could Imagine that all the Soundtrack-Tracks were once in this version and they cut it to 2 hours.

Just Imagine "Deleted Scenes" in the ASIB DVD where all these songs appear..

I usually have no interest in that sort of thing, but I'd actually love to see a director's cut of ASIB. :vegas:

Archived