💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is ASIB really that good? (NO SPOILERS)

Taide

Featured Posts

holy scheisse
29 minutes ago, Michaelandro said:

Well to be perfectly honest, I wasn't really blown away. The movie is good, if it wins an Oscar, it's well deserved, but for me it just wasn't something I'd watch over and over again. One thing that did impress me though was music, which btw I also didn't really feel when I watched the trailer but when u see it on a big screen it feels like they're performing right there and you're in the audience, I got goosebumps multiple times. I think you will enjoy it.

Same I cried when she did shallow/always remember us this way lol

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OP, I’m seeing it Friday too! FINALLY.

You have to remember that movies are subjective. I haven’t seen it yet but I already know I’m going to love it (flaws and all) because this is exactly my kind of movie. I love epic romances with funny and dramatic moments and original music that drives the story along. All the reviews I’ve read have mixed opinions on the overall ‘greatness’ of ASIB but the general sense I’m getting is that it is a movie that affects you emotionally. Because even the harshest critics have said they were ‘moved’, whether or not they cried.

So, don’t worry about the film not living up to hype because the truth is, you can’t be affected by it in the same way as someone else. Hype is hype, but your personal experience as a viewer will always be subjective. You’re going to think it’s good or bad based on your own interests, including other movies you’ve seen and will unintentionally compare it to.

Woah this turned into a mini essay, I guess I just wanted to let you know that I am the same - I always worry about movies before I even see them and when I get there I realize that the only thing I should worry about is my own opinion. I love a lot of movies that the GP don’t cosnider ‘good’ and I literally don’t care because they changed my life tbh.

The Fame

For me personally? At best, it was good, at worst it was just okay. It's an alright movie. The pacing has flaws, and some of the character interactions, I feel, are really unrealistic as to how normal people would react. Gaga's singing is really good, so that's a highlight. One complaint, and this could totally be just a me thing because I have poor hearing, but I legit could NOT understand what Cooper or another certain male character (won't say for fear of spoilers) were saying frequently. Like...could not decipher what the dialogue even was. Also, I generally do not like live-action movies, as I can't suspend disbelief with them (I couldn't with this one either), so I'm also biased towards not liking them overall, so take my review with a grain of salt.

Diamonster
5 hours ago, Swallow said:

It's quite good, but I must say, little monsters are overhyping it. Wish I didn't read all the praise before watching it, I had too high expectations.

Yeah I agreeee
Just don't go expecting anything, it's a good movie but not the best movie ever.

Some parts felt so rushed I felt I was watching a self insert fanfiction :huntyga: but the soundtrack slays, I've been learning every song I can on the piano cuz I love it so much 

HorusRa2

It’s a great movie. I think what the “hype” about this movie is about (other than the hymnals that are the soundtrack & the fact that it has beautiful cinematography) is that it makes you feel personally invested in the outcome for the love story & the characters in the film. 

Its not not a perfect movie and it feels a little long at a few moments. It also feels like there were opportunities to go deeper and develop some characters back story more. But you wouldn’t think that unless you felt personally invested in the characters. But at the same time, a 3 hour movie would be too long so there’s that too. 

Linus Gaga

I will finally watch it tmr, im bit worried i will cry not cuz of the story , but when gaga appear on the screen :huntyga:

Hit me a message and say hi !

RadioIsOurs

From a movie standpoint, it's not bad. It definitely has story and editing flaws though. However, the songs and the performances are incredible. 

Its a fun movie to watch alone or with friends. 

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

It's honestly so good. I kept forgetting that I was watching Gaga play a role. I totally believed in the characters, and it felt amazing.

SMILE2NE1

After just finishing it, I can tell you that I thoroughly enjoyed the movie and it was so emotionally intense that it will stay with me for a while. The thing I did is let go of my expectation and really take Ally and Jack's characters and go along the ride for their romance and really love them as characters. At parts of the movie, I projected my own experiences and hopes about love onto the story. In that way I enjoyed it. 

If I was to be technically critical about the film, yeah sure, there were a few flaws but they don't matter to me because I love the story and the characters.

Archived