💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Different Versions of ASIB are being played?

GagaUnderYou

Featured Posts

ferretti
1 hour ago, whipopotamus said:

It's actually very odd how many scenes in the trailers were either not in the movie or just a little bit different than the actual movie cut.

but in a way it sort of adds depth to the world of the movie

Yeah, sometimes that annoys me (when I feel it somewhat misleads from the actual movie), but I loved it here. Especially because I feel the differently cut movie scenes were stronger than they appeared in the trailer.

Spoiler

Also, holy **** you're cute

disco stick tester, inquire within

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD

LOL, there ain't two versions. It is just some cinemas have crap audio systems and others have the latest and high end ones. Plus the acoustics of the room matters too. Some cinemas in smaller towns would usually smaller and got cheaper sound systems. While cinemas in downtown usually have grand ones and higher price as well. That's why people hear the music differently. Which is why people have to pick and choose which cinemas they should go for certain movies, for the maximum experience. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

RAMROD

It's actually very odd how many scenes in the trailers were either not in the movie or just a little bit different than the actual movie cut.

Yep. It is quite common for movies.

Some scenes may have been cut 1.) before it is released because the directors feels the scenes that been cut doesn't fit anywhere or other reasons, and again 2) after test screening(s)

In ASIB case, it got 2 tests screenings iirc and so many thing may have been ommitted based on the receptions from attending audience that time.

Der Meister

I noticed that too. I saw it yesterday in Miami and it was different than the version I saw in Boston. I got very confused. 

GypsyBabe

So I saw the movie a third time with @KleinGa and I immediately noticed that they played the raw version of ITA at the ending credits which was not in the previous two that I had seen. Also the Dave Chapelle line was in it, and it wasn’t the other times either. There was a third thing that I noticed that I can’t remember right now, but it was in the grocery store with the peas/parking lot scene and I noticed extra lines that werent there before. 

⚯͛

GypsyBabe
19 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

LOL, there ain't two versions. It is just some cinemas have crap audio systems and others have the latest and high end ones. Plus the acoustics of the room matters too. Some cinemas in smaller towns would usually smaller and got cheaper sound systems. While cinemas in downtown usually have grand ones and higher price as well. That's why people hear the music differently. Which is why people have to pick and choose which cinemas they should go for certain movies, for the maximum experience. 

Honestly, I noticed three things that were different than the previous times I watched the film. It was bizarre. 

⚯͛

Der Meister

Another scene that was cut was the bathtub facetime with the Queens back in her hometown, it was not in the version I saw yesterday.

RAMROD
1 minute ago, GypsyBabe said:

Honestly, I noticed three things that were different than the previous times I watched the film. It was bizarre. 

Maybe that's Illuminati :poot:

I just noticed plently of foreshadowing when I saw it the first time. I didn't notice at the time until the very scenes and i was like, damn!

RAMROD
1 minute ago, Der Meister said:

Another scene that was cut was the bathtub facetime with the Queens back in her hometown, it was not in the version I saw yesterday.

:oprah:   maybe that's the trick for people to keep coming back and watch it again

tomdsgn

This is quite common! 

Didymus
35 minutes ago, Der Meister said:

:fthis: One of my favs.

So I guess that confirms there actually are different cuts and it's not just fans deluding themselves by accident. Strange...

NIGHTCRAWLER

"Almost every single person has told me they like the way I sound but they don't like the way I look" wasn't there too

gypsy101

the line about “this is the first time i’m worried about you” isn’t in the film

i don’t think jackson’s line in the bar about “i think you’re beautiful” is there either

the version of is that alright at the credits isn’t the same vocal as the soundtrack

ive never heard of different edits of a movie going to different theaters 

Archived