HDD: #1 ASIB 135k (2nd Week)

monsterdino

Featured Posts

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Miracle
2 minutes ago, GagaStefi said:

has Gaga ever spent number one for more then one week?

Born This Way spent two weeks at #1

derpmonster
On 10/15/2018 at 4:08 PM, Rio said:

Quavo at 7K pure sales just reiterates how ****ed the music industry is right now.

The Gaga stan in me obviously dislikes that because Gaga beats most in sales but there's the thing with streaming: it's not a bad thing.

It's not a bad thing that people who can't afford to buy all music are instead streaming for free (Spotify on desktop) or for a small monthly fee (for mobile). Maybe it's good that people who can't afford buying music are getting a say in where music goes now.

The bad part is artists getting money but honestly you know Lady Gaga has made almost $30m in the past year (and probably will much more now). The lack of money from streaming is the label's fault. Labels make tons of money but very little goes to artists. I know this from a friend who does an internship at Interscope (and no this not a "mom at Netflix" thing :selena:). I was shook too when I found out and I've been trying to get him to show Interscope ppl my recordings and covers so they can sign me on and Gaga can become for me what Akon was to her. :selena: :selena: :messga:

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

QueenVQueen

My bitch :staymad: Beyoncé and jay z could neva! Katy could neva, Kesha could neva, Selena could neva and Taylor.... nvm:bye:

8 hours ago, derpmonster said:

The Gaga stan in me obviously dislikes that because Gaga beats most in sales but there's the thing with streaming: it's not a bad thing.

It's not a bad thing that people who can't afford to buy all music are instead streaming for free (Spotify on desktop) or for a small monthly fee (for mobile). Maybe it's good that people who can't afford buying music are getting a say in where music goes now.

The bad part is artists getting money but honestly you know Lady Gaga has made almost $30m in the past year (and probably will much more now). The lack of money from streaming is the label's fault. Labels make tons of money but very little goes to artists. I know this from a friend who does an internship at Interscope (and no this not a "mom at Netflix" thing :selena:). I was shook too when I found out and I've been trying to get him to show Interscope ppl my recordings and covers so they can sign me on and Gaga can become for me what Akon was to her. :selena: :selena: :messga:

It’s rigged the charts. Every time Drake gets close to beating a Beatles record, or even Ed Sheeran, I get a burning deep anger inside my belly. It honestly disgusts me. Those years of legacy all being tarnished because of a temporary lapse in music where the world music charting bodies can’t figure something out that is fair and equal. No way should all those Ed Sheeran songs be in the Top 10. This wouldn’t have happened years ago, without streaming. I’m just glad Gaga SELLS and is getting her coin. It’s artists like Adele, Taylor and Gaga (in order) who are keeping physical sales alive.

It’s definitely not a bad thing people with low income can now enjoy music freely, but it wasn’t free before. I never hated the 99c Amazon deal back in 2011 either because I remember feeling how great it was for young fans who didn’t have money could enjoy Born This Way for a low price. Gaga never signed the deal for a 1M+ first week. She did it so her fans could enjoy the album cheaply. Even without the Amazon discount sales, the album had a monstrous debut, over 700K first week, which is larger than any Beyonce sales week. Anyways. That’s my take on all this x

derpmonster
1 minute ago, Rio said:

It’s rigged the charts. Every time Drake gets close to beating a Beatles record, or even Ed Sheeran, I get a burning deep anger inside my belly. It honestly disgusts me. Those years of legacy all being tarnished because of a temporary lapse in music where the world music charting bodies can’t figure something out that is fair and equal. No way should all those Ed Sheeran songs be in the Top 10. This wouldn’t have happened years ago, without streaming. I’m just glad Gaga SELLS and is getting her coin. It’s artists like Adele, Taylor and Gaga (in order) who are keeping physical sales alive.

See, yeah, they haven't figured out a good metric yet. Maybe they're giving streams more points than they deserve.

The thing though is that while it is frustrating, I don't think an artist should have to rely on physical sales. Nobody knows what is "fair" yet like you said, but it's definitely more fair to include streams because poor people get a say that way. Everybody can't spend money on music. It's honestly a luxury.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

3 minutes ago, derpmonster said:

See, yeah, they haven't figured out a good metric yet. Maybe they're giving streams more points than they deserve.

The thing though is that while it is frustrating, I don't think an artist should have to rely on physical sales. Nobody knows what is "fair" yet like you said, but it's definitely more fair to include streams because poor people get a say that way. Everybody can't spend money on music. It's honestly a luxury.

sorry, had to edit my comment a few times to add to it

highlikegaga

I'm looking at next friday's new releases and I don't see anything that can take Gaga's 3rd week at #1.

We have Jessie J,John Legend, Pentatonix and Robyn.

As long as ASIB don't lose too much steam and none of these mostly Christmas-themed albums don't go viral...Gaga gets her 3rd week.

Archived