💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

other

ASIB finally changed my friends opinion on Gaga

Defmix100

Featured Posts

Defmix100

I've been mentioning Gaga to my friend for years, he doesn't listen to pop music at all and has always assumed she was a not so talented autotune cookie cutter pop star. I know he saw her National Anthem and Superbowl performances but the only one he would mention when I would bring her up is the Metallica one which he thought was really cool.

I remember the other week I was talking about ASIB and he was starting to get intrigued and I remember he asked if she could really sing though, like really...fast forward to today and I got a bunch of messages from him saying he watched the movie last night and he loved it so much he can't wait to buy it on blu-ray and we talked about it for over an hour, we'd go onto other subjects then he'd get back to talking about ASIB. He had nothing but great things to say about everything, the direcitng, the acting, the characters, the story etc...and he was blown away by Gaga's acting and vocals saying things like she is incredible, so talented, that her voice is insanely good and he has a whole new respect for her.

Felt like a never ending battle with him for years but so glad he sees her talent now

Sneaky Oliver

Her Legend status is here I guess :vegas: 

In the land of gods and monsters, I was an angel living in the Garden Of Eden

FGGrayson

Only legends tbh

𝗟𝗮𝗱𝘆 𝗚𝗮𝗴𝗮 • 𝗠𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘆 𝗠𝗼𝗼𝗿𝗲 • 𝗦𝗼𝗽𝗵𝗶𝗲-𝗘𝗹𝗹𝗶𝘀 𝗕𝗲𝘅𝘁𝗼𝗿 • 𝗣𝗮𝗿𝗶𝘀 𝗝𝗮𝗰𝗸𝘀𝗼𝗻

Gaga will gain many fans because of ASIB. 

Tony once said Gaga may someday become bigger than Elvis.  Elvis did music that was liked by a wide audience, he starred in movies, and he did Vegas.  Well, because of her diversity, she's on the right track.  Jazz, acting, Vegas, maybe Broadway.  Her potential is limitless.

Edit:

For those who don't know what Tony's reference really means when he said Gaga may become bigger then Elvis, this is from wiki:

"To this day, Presley remains the best selling solo artist,[433] with sales estimates ranging from 600 million to 1 billion sales.[434][435]

Presley holds the records for most songs charting in Billboard's top 40—114[436][437]—and top 100: 151, according to chart statistician Joel Whitburn,[438] 138 according to Presley historian Adam Victor.[437] Presley's rankings for top ten and number one hits vary depending on how the double-sided "Hound Dog/Don't Be Cruel" and "Don't/I Beg of You" singles, which precede the inception of Billboard's unified Hot 100 chart, are analyzed.[f] According to Whitburn's analysis, Presley holds the record with 38, tying with Madonna;[436] per Billboard's current assessment, he ranks second with 36.[439] Whitburn and Billboard concur that the Beatles hold the record for most number one hits with 20, and that Mariah Carey is second with 18. Whitburn has Presley also with 18, and thus tied for second;[436] Billboard has him third with 17.[440] Presley retains the record for cumulative weeks at number one: alone at 80, according to Whitburn and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame;[441][442] tied with Carey at 79, according to Billboard.[443][444] He holds the records for most British number one hits with 21, and top ten hits with 76.[445][446]

As an album artist, Presley is credited by Billboard with the record for the most albums charting in the Billboard 200: 129, far ahead of second-place Frank Sinatra's 82. He also holds the record for most time spent at number one on the Billboard 200: 67 weeks.[447] In 2015 and 2016, two albums setting Presley's vocals against music by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, If I Can Dream and The Wonder of You, both reached number one in the United Kingdom. This gave him a new record for number one U.K. albums by a solo artist with 13, and extended his record for longest span between number one albums by anybody—Presley had first topped the British chart in 1956 with his self-titled debut.[448]

As of 2018, the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) credits Presley with 146.5 million certified album sales in the U.S., third all time behind the Beatles and Garth Brooks.[449] He holds the records for most gold albums (117, more than twice as many as second-place Barbra Streisand's 51),[450] most platinum albums (67),[451] and most multi-platinum albums (27).[452] His total of 197 album certification awards (including one diamond award), far outpaces the Beatles' second-best 122.[453] He has the most gold singles (54)[454] and the fourth-most platinum singles (27, behind Rihanna, Taylor Swift, and Chris Brown).[455]"

I live outside the space time continuum.

derpmonster
6 minutes ago, Ronk said:

she's on the right track

Baby, she was born this way. :staymad:

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

Archived