Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
opinion

Joanne Act 2

ARTPOPIllusion

Featured Posts

My opinion is that I think Joanne is a more cohesive collection of songs, and while some of the melodies on the ASIB soundtrack blow Joanne's out of the water, Joanne has better production and it's got a leg up because it's a GAGA project. ASIB required them to make music from someone else's point of view.

51 minutes ago, A Hybrid said:

I’ll fight. It has a very basic chord progression (only thing we can judge the instrumental from, since it has basically zero melody), it’s one of Gaga’s worst lyrical works:

You're giving me a million reasons to let you go
You're giving me a million reasons to quit the show
You're givin' me a million reasons
Give me a million reasons
Givin' me a million reasons
About a million reasons

So outside instrumental and lyrics, we have vocals, which is really good I’ll admit, but I don’t think it’s one of her best. We’ve had Yoü And I, The Edge Of Glory, Angel Down (Work Tape), Joanne (Piano) and most of all, Cheeck to Cheek

It's fair to say that the lyrics are repetitive, but for me, the song comes across stronger being repetitive.  To me, the lyrics tell me that the singer (Gaga) is basically saying some sort of mantra to herself because she's gone through turbulence again and again in the relationship the song is about. She finds herself being in the same spot over and over again.

And to be fair, repetitive lyrics like that can only shine through with strong vocal chops like Gaga has. I've interpreted it in the way that I have because of the raw emotion that Gaga puts into the vocals.

A Hybrid
2 hours ago, HairBow said:

It's fair to say that the lyrics are repetitive, but for me, the song comes across stronger being repetitive.  To me, the lyrics tell me that the singer (Gaga) is basically saying some sort of mantra to herself because she's gone through turbulence again and again in the relationship the song is about. She finds herself being in the same spot over and over again.

And to be fair, repetitive lyrics like that can only shine through with strong vocal chops like Gaga has. I've interpreted it in the way that I have because of the raw emotion that Gaga puts into the vocals.

Shouldn’t she have chosen something that’s got more to do with the state of mind at that moment then? Like I can imagine “I’m a terrible person” or “He’s leaving again” echoing in someone’s head but not “You’re giving me a million reasons”

No family’s safe when I sashay

Archived