Ally is on the single cover for The Cure

Borisapillar

Featured Posts

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Miracle
9 hours ago, Married the Night said:

Hands down. The shoot in the film looked like the same exact backdrop. And the outfit looked like an ally outfit. I think the cure was too strong of a song for the soundtrack and it was swapped out for Heal Me. 

I think Heal Me is better than The Cure...

Married the Night
17 minutes ago, Miracle said:

I think Heal Me is better than The Cure...

I think they are both good. The Cure has a much stronger sound and had more hit potential in real life. I think Gaga didn’t want the pop songs overshadowing the ballads because it would make those moments less impactful. 

GagaUnderYou
9 hours ago, Suspiria said:

Actually, what he said was that it was made during a period when they were working on a bunch of different projects, and The Cure was made without a specific project in mind;) so it wasn't not for ASIB, but it also wasn't written specifically for it either.

However given the very strong similarities between it and HM/HBF I think it's safe to assume they were all made around the same time. I strongly believe they considered using TC for the film.

Gaga had to work pretty quick on this soundtrack she probably re-used some old ideas too, so it makes sense. They probably wanted to see the reaction for Ally's music by using the Cure. Then maybe it got cut because the song became really well known and wanted fresh music for the movie. For example Shallow was probably an idea worked with for Joanne, seems similar to the lyrics for the unreleased Deep Blue which was done with Ronson as well. Gaga even mentioned at Coachella to the audience that she was filming for the movie on stage. 

Archived