đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

opinion

The ASIB Era Feels Weird

ApplauseftAdele

Featured Posts

TheSlash
3 hours ago, ARTPOPSTER said:

I confess I am lost in the age of the social. :pray:

I have a Gaga playlist playing in the background and put it on shuffle. In the very moment I read your comment Angel Down started to play :vegas: .

OT: For me the weirdest thing is how Gaga behaves sometimes these days. For example her interview with Colbert. When she laughed she seemed out of breath or something. And her laughter on Graham Norton when Ryan Gosling told some sh*t looked so weird and scary, tbh :udidnt: . Am I the only one noticing it?

Ew, David!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
carlos0003

How is all that weird? . Is a combination of great actors. Great music. Great story.  Great messages.  Of course it's becoming a huge thing

ApplauseftAdele
29 minutes ago, carlos0003 said:

How is all that weird? . Is a combination of great actors. Great music. Great story.  Great messages.  Of course it's becoming a huge thing

Yes true. It’s just normally this never happens for these kinds of movies until Oscar season. But I see on Twitter all the time even from non-Stan’s people praising Gaga... and the soundtrack is slaying the charts... it just feels like something bigger than the movie is happening like it’s almost like it’s going to be remembered as a MOMENT in pop culture :) 

also side note your art work is amazing and i love your Gaga x Joker piece :wub:

ryhanna
5 hours ago, ApplauseftAdele said:

Or maybe it’s just cause I’m surrounded by Gaga fans who talk about it all the time

Yes, that's pretty much it.

ASIB is the Oscar darling of 2018 so far. So it's definitely getting a lot of attention, but the fact that you're in the circle of pop music fans following Gaga makes it seem even more powerful. GGD is an echo chamber lol.

Every year there's several critical favourites that do very well, La La Land, Moonlight, I, Tonya, Three Billboards, The Revenant, Room, Mad Max: Fury Road are just a few other awards season films from recent years that have garnered comparable hype and success.

2 hours ago, TheSlash said:

R anxieI have a Gaga playlist playing in the background and put it on shuffle. In the very moment I read your comment Angel Down started to play :vegas: .

OT: For me the weirdest thing is how Gaga behaves sometimes these days. For example her interview with Colbert. When she laughed she seemed out of breath or something. And her laughter on Graham Norton when Ryan Gosling told some sh*t looked so weird and scary, tbh :udidnt: . Am I the only one noticing it?

I was thinking it might be something to do with her anxiety! Sure it’s a little strange, but it’s either a reflex or a way to control herself. She’s more emotional than she’s ever been in any other era, and after everything she’s gone through it’s understandable. Poor thing xx

Magneto
6 hours ago, BlahForever1 said:

Lady Gaga > Gaga > Lady > xoxox Joanne > Ally

Gaga's on her fourth evolution! I'm shooketh :vegas: 

(I wonder if this is just her mega evolution though :huntyga:)

More like eeveelutions, gurl :diane:

Free my mind

BlahForever1
4 minutes ago, Magneto said:

More like eeveelutions, gurl :diane:

Yaaas, Gaga the original Eevee. 

OT: This is the most fun I've had during a Gaga era, so it does feel a little weird, but just soak it up all you can because we're never going to get an era like this again (just like we won't get another TFM, BTW, AP, C2C, Joanne era) :D

Didymus

My guess is you don't follow the movie industry so much, lol. The last musical to achieve similar (and bigger, but we'll see what happens) success as ASIB was as recent as La La Land :messga:

The La La Land phenomenon was so big they started doing concert tours of the soundtrack (not the actors, but an orchestra and new singers). I doubt ASIB will achieve that.

It'll pass anyway. ASIB is all good for a small hype now, but it's not like it's gonna be remembered years on. It's just a fantastic stepping stone for Gaga's success in the movie industry.

7 hours ago, ApplauseftAdele said:

This entire era has been weird for me as a LM... not just because of Gaga but the movie too.

i feel like ASIB has almost become a pop culture phenomenon in a way. I mean the movie itself isn’t exactly super interesting (I never even heard of ASIB until this movie) but everyone is talking about it, and I’m assuming it’s a combination of it being a great movie and everyone being surprised by Gaga’s acting. I feel like this never really happens in movies these days, like when has a GOOD movie (aka non blockbuster) gotten this much attention? Or maybe it’s just cause I’m surrounded by Gaga fans who talk about it all the time, but I feel like this movie is getting INSANE coverage despite it not being the classic blockbuster. Obviously it’s a good thing it just feels weird.

Another weird thing is the music’s success. Like on today’s top hits playlist on spotify, ALLY is the person on the cover. This feels just kinda weird, like there has never been a MOVIE CHARACTER on the TTH cover. Also the soundtrack has potential to get actual radio play and Shallow could definitely be a hit.

im really glad Gaga had such success this era, but maybe it’s because it’s 2018 and movies like this normally don’t have this much coverage and impact, but (idk if I’m explaining this right, I can’t really put it in words) the ASIB era just seems so weird overall with the amount of success it’s getting. My theory is that it’s become a modern “instant classic” like Titanic? Like it’s almost universally praised and the soundtrack is like everywhere... but idk.

like imagine if ... let’s say Beyonce did a movie and everyone praised it and her movie character’s face was on TTH cover and her soundtrack was slaying the charts. It’s just a weird concept that I can’t get used to it feels like a dream :wtfga: 

I hope that made sense :D 

Sis why it’s weird? Do you know the meaning of weird?

Gurl soundtracks have been the fuel of what's left of soundtrack real purchases, what are you even about

There's not thaaaat much talking about the movie. Tbh more people talked about her political statemnet about kavanaugh.

ASIB is super known, all of them smh

13 hours ago, ApplauseftAdele said:

like imagine if ... let’s say Beyonce did a movie and everyone praised it and her movie character’s face was on TTH cover and her soundtrack was slaying the charts.

In ye old time of 2006 AD there was a motion picture by the title of “Dream Girls” and a song by the name of “Listen”

SwissMonster

It’s funny like people say Ally is on the cover of the Spotify playlist, it’s Gaga guys, don’t be that extra :derpga: The songs are also marked as Lady Gaga songs so....

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

monketsharona

ASIB 'era' feels different because IT IS different

I mean she's not promoting an album, she's promoting a movie associated with a soundtrack. She never did this in the past. It is definitely a kind of promo given to a movie.

22 hours ago, ApplauseftAdele said:

This entire era has been weird for me as a LM... not just because of Gaga but the movie too.

i feel like ASIB has almost become a pop culture phenomenon in a way. I mean the movie itself isn’t exactly super interesting (I never even heard of ASIB until this movie) but everyone is talking about it, and I’m assuming it’s a combination of it being a great movie and everyone being surprised by Gaga’s acting. I feel like this never really happens in movies these days, like when has a GOOD movie (aka non blockbuster) gotten this much attention? Or maybe it’s just cause I’m surrounded by Gaga fans who talk about it all the time, but I feel like this movie is getting INSANE coverage despite it not being the classic blockbuster. Obviously it’s a good thing it just feels weird.

Another weird thing is the music’s success. Like on today’s top hits playlist on spotify, ALLY is the person on the cover. This feels just kinda weird, like there has never been a MOVIE CHARACTER on the TTH cover. Also the soundtrack has potential to get actual radio play and Shallow could definitely be a hit.

im really glad Gaga had such success this era, but maybe it’s because it’s 2018 and movies like this normally don’t have this much coverage and impact, but (idk if I’m explaining this right, I can’t really put it in words) the ASIB era just seems so weird overall with the amount of success it’s getting. My theory is that it’s become a modern “instant classic” like Titanic? Like it’s almost universally praised and the soundtrack is like everywhere... but idk.

like imagine if ... let’s say Beyonce did a movie and everyone praised it and her movie character’s face was on TTH cover and her soundtrack was slaying the charts. It’s just a weird concept that I can’t get used to it feels like a dream :wtfga: 

I hope that made sense :D 

Makes total sense. I can't remember a film having such a huge impact on pop culture since Titanic in 1997. The film and song "My Heart Will Go On" by Celine Dion was a complete juggernaut. The ASIB ALBUM is going to be an enormous success. I hope it has other successful singles (other than Shallow). 

Archived