💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The ASIB Era Feels Weird

ApplauseftAdele

Featured Posts

ApplauseftAdele

This entire era has been weird for me as a LM... not just because of Gaga but the movie too.

i feel like ASIB has almost become a pop culture phenomenon in a way. I mean the movie itself isn’t exactly super interesting (I never even heard of ASIB until this movie) but everyone is talking about it, and I’m assuming it’s a combination of it being a great movie and everyone being surprised by Gaga’s acting. I feel like this never really happens in movies these days, like when has a GOOD movie (aka non blockbuster) gotten this much attention? Or maybe it’s just cause I’m surrounded by Gaga fans who talk about it all the time, but I feel like this movie is getting INSANE coverage despite it not being the classic blockbuster. Obviously it’s a good thing it just feels weird.

Another weird thing is the music’s success. Like on today’s top hits playlist on spotify, ALLY is the person on the cover. This feels just kinda weird, like there has never been a MOVIE CHARACTER on the TTH cover. Also the soundtrack has potential to get actual radio play and Shallow could definitely be a hit.

im really glad Gaga had such success this era, but maybe it’s because it’s 2018 and movies like this normally don’t have this much coverage and impact, but (idk if I’m explaining this right, I can’t really put it in words) the ASIB era just seems so weird overall with the amount of success it’s getting. My theory is that it’s become a modern “instant classic” like Titanic? Like it’s almost universally praised and the soundtrack is like everywhere... but idk.

like imagine if ... let’s say Beyonce did a movie and everyone praised it and her movie character’s face was on TTH cover and her soundtrack was slaying the charts. It’s just a weird concept that I can’t get used to it feels like a dream :wtfga: 

I hope that made sense :D 

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mister Gaga
10 minutes ago, ApplauseftAdele said:

it’s become a modern “instant classic” like Titanic?

this is a COLOSAL reach. I do believe that Warner Bros is inve$ting a lot to make ASIB look like a cinematic masterpiece (as Titanic is; as one of the most impactful movies of all time), when it's not. Do not mistake my words, the movie is good and i enjoyed it, but that's it. It achieves it's goal, but its no game changer. 

BlahForever1
1 minute ago, PsychicGuru said:

If Lady Gaga had a final Pokemon evolution, this is it. :vegas:

Lady Gaga > Gaga > Lady > xoxox Joanne > Ally

Gaga's on her fourth evolution! I'm shooketh :vegas: 

(I wonder if this is just her mega evolution though :huntyga:)

Poissonche
3 minutes ago, PsychicGuru said:

If Lady Gaga had a final Pokemon evolution, this is it. :vegas:

This is just the first one ;)

Biden Harris 2024

If felt that way with C2C because it was such a departure from her previous work but it was a genuine and heartfelt era and so is this one. I wouldn't worry about it too much and just appreciate the work she put into it and Bradley and their teams.:heart:

PsychicGuru
Just now, Poissonche said:

This is just the first one ;)

Ooooor maybe her second one?

GrammyGa -> OscarGa -> TonyGa (lol) -> EmmyGa

EGOT Mama :vegas:

Gaga's #1 fan

Poissonche
2 minutes ago, PsychicGuru said:

Ooooor maybe her second one?

GrammyGa -> OscarGa -> TonyGa (lol) -> EmmyGa

EGOT Mama :vegas:

shEGOT it

Katie14

I only heard 3 different groups of people talking about it.

1. My co workers were talking about how they loved shallow and were excited for more music.

2. My acting teacher. My scene partner had a line about Madonna and my teacher was like, "are you all too young to know who madonna is? Its lady gaga now I guess. Speaking of lady gaga have any of you seen asib? Is it good?" Some people in my class saw it and said its good. 

3. My parents told me they heard it got good reviews.

Everyone definitely isnt talking about this movie. 

10 minutes ago, BlahForever1 said:

Lady Gaga > Gaga > Lady > xoxox Joanne > Ally

Gaga's on her fourth evolution! I'm shooketh :vegas: 

(I wonder if this is just her mega evolution though :huntyga:)

Im still out here waiting for her Z-Move :giveup:

ARTPOPSTER
3 minutes ago, ComeToJoe said:

What is a Z-Move?

Zebra? :ladyhaha:

BlahForever1
4 minutes ago, ComeToJoe said:

What if it's Always Remember Us That Way :vegas: 

OT: I definitely think that the ASIB era is a great pop culture moment for Gaga, and that we should just enjoy it :) 

You know why it feels weird?

Because the world has been lacking meaning and ASIB has just come to save it. The entire entertainment industry has been so saturated with political agendas and too much of the same thing.

ASIB brings back the “greatness” of what Hollywood used to be. A simple love story filled with touching music - the root of humanity. 

Bradley and Gaga are two humble, hard-working artists who, while legendary in their own ways, have been ‘slept on’ over the years. This is truly their moment and they really deserve all of the acclaim. They’ve made a masterpiece :vegas:

Archived