💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

MEGARATE: Better (Haley Reinhart)

rumours

Featured Posts

rumours

Hi Everyone! :hug:R-8714831-1467197102-3559.jpeg.jpg

The album chosen for this megarate is Better by Haley Reinhart.

It has been a good while since I have done a megarate, so I figured I would explain this choice:

I wanted to host megarates either to celebrate iconic albums or give exposure to albums that were largely ignored by the general public. While I have been primarily focusing on older albums, this is the first venture into a recent "pop" album that was criminally underrated and overlooked.

Some background on the album:

Originally a contestant on American Idol, Reinhart released her first album on Interscope (of all places) in 2012 to critical acclaim but lukewarm commercial reception. After being dropped by Interscope, Reinhart released "Better" in 2016 on an independent label. What resulted was a rawer album, one heavily influenced by the music she grew up on and enjoys listening to.

Genre: Pop/R&B/Funk/Soul

The album is best known for including the version of "Can't Help Falling in Love" which was utilized consistently in Extra Gum commercials during 2015-present:

Spoiler

Doing a lesser-known modern album is new territory for me. Since the album ("Better") isn't that well known, I hope you all will give the album a chance! :)

Tracklist:

Spoiler

1: My Cake

2: Behave

3: Better

4: Can't Help Falling In Love

5: Check Please

6: Bad Light

7: Talkin' About

8: Good Or Bad

9: Love Is Worth Fighting For

10: I Belong To You

11: Listen

In general, here are the Criteria for participating in the Megarate:

1) Re-listen to album

2) Rate each track on a scale of 1-10 and your favorite an 11 (if you'd like). Feel free to add commentary to explain your ratings if you'd like!

3) 0's are not allowed.

4) Feel free to use decimals in the values of .25, .5, or .75

5) Please don't participate if you didn't listen to the album or if you hate it without reason. Any ratings that demonstrate this will be erased from the calculations.

6) PM me your ratings (send to @Rumours1977).

If you aren't tagged below, feel free to join in! Moreover, if you know of anyone else who may be interested, feel free to tag them. :heart:

haley1.jpg

Due Date for Ratings: November 2nd (although date may be changed If needed)

Date/Time for Ceremony: To Be Determined

How to Listen to the Album (Spotify):

Spoiler

People Who May Be Interested

Participants:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rumours
7 minutes ago, sethrb101 said:

The formatting jumped OUT with the beginning of the post

giphy.gif

OT: I may participate, queen :vegas:

Hopefully, it looks okay lol. I don’t normally do the formatting in threads. :ladyhaha:

5 minutes ago, Kandy life said:

Ok great, I'll explore this new artist, sounds really interesting! :lolly:

:hug:

rumours

Also, the only place the album charted on was the US Independent Album Charts at #22. Just a fun fact on this Friday. :)

rumours

Just FYI: I'll be sending out normal, semi-frequent reminders for this megarate. If you aren't interested in this megarate, let me know and I'll remove you from the tag list (so you won't be getting updates on something you don't want to participate in). :hug:

If you are interested in exploring this album, I look forward to receiving your rates :heart::)

Just now, Rumours1977 said:

Just FYI: I'll be sending out normal, semi-frequent reminders for this megarate. If you aren't interested in this megarate, let me know and I'll remove you from the tag list (so you won't be getting updates on something you don't want to participate in). :hug:

If you are interested in exploring this album, I look forward to receiving your rates :heart::)

Thank you for tagging me, could you recommend me a few songs from the album just to see if I like the sound ? Not familiar with this artist at all :shrug:

rumours
5 minutes ago, GagaInTheZone said:

Thank you for tagging me, could you recommend me a few songs from the album just to see if I like the sound ? Not familiar with this artist at all :shrug:

Sure! The album is sonically a pop album heavily influenced by soul, R&B, and funk.

While I don't want to give away what my favs are (cause I don't want to skew the results of the megarate in any way), the two singles from the album were "Better" and "Can't Help Falling in Love" (a cover).

Hope this helps!:hug:

rumours
2 minutes ago, LADYGAGASHOOCK said:

I love your megarates but I think I have to pass on this one:sara: 

Okay, I removed you from the taglist.

rumours
18 minutes ago, loathereality said:

i am so down for this but in a few days maybe when i stop playing asib on loop

15 minutes ago, AlejandroooO said:

I don't know who this is but since It's a Rumours megarate I'll do it :runhug:

You guys are awesome. Thank you! :heart:

Archived