Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why did Gaga miss the Academy screening in LA?

YourEvilTwin

Featured Posts

YourEvilTwin

Do we know what she was doing at that time that was so much more important than interacting directly with the Oscar voters?

I was watching the Q&A after the screening, and everybody from the director to the cinematographer to the costume designer was on stage, which made her absence particularly glaring. I even saw a tweet saying that some voters were not pleased with her absence. I just don't think it's smart to miss events like this, when she has a legitimate shot at the awards, and will probably be facing stiff competition in a close race where every vote counts.

Teal Ambition

Maybe she had a fibromyalgia flare up? :excuseu:

I'm sure she has her reasons.

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

UnnamedArtist

I'm sorry, but this bitch doesn't have time for your parties, because she needs to get ready for a multi-million dollar Vegas residence. :classy:

bloody g

I suspect she thinks she doesn't stand a chance...

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

She’s got a pretty busy schedule these next few months with the tour. That’s probably what she’s getting ready for.

3 points in and ready for more

freebit

Well, I don't think any of us here know why, but I doubt she would have missed it for a frivolous reason. She always seems pretty ambitious, and she's usually appears mindful of doing important things in regards to her career. For example, she played along when they (management and/or Fox) sent her to that Hollywood Foreign Press dinner before AHS even aired. Anyway, it would have been great for her to have attended, but one thing to keep in mind is that Mo'Nique didn't even campaign or attend Academy events and it never hurt her chances. If they liked you in your role, sometimes its enough. On the bright side, at the very least, no one can accuse her of being too "thirsty" and maybe this made people all the more curious to meet her?

YourEvilTwin
20 minutes ago, Admin said:

She was at a different Oscar screening in New York that week.

Yeah, but everybody else was at that screening too. It didn't happen at the same time so there wasn't scheduling conflict there.

YourEvilTwin
9 minutes ago, freebit said:

Well, I don't think any of us here know why, but I doubt she would have missed it for a frivolous reason. She always seems pretty ambitious, and she's usually appears mindful of doing important things in regards to her career. For example, she played along when they (management and/or Fox) sent her to that Hollywood Foreign Press dinner before AHS even aired. Anyway, it would have been great for her to have attended, but one thing to keep in mind is that Mo'Nique didn't even campaign or attend Academy events and it never hurt her chances. If they liked you in your role, sometimes its enough. On the bright side, at the very least, no one can accuse her of being too "thirsty" and maybe this made people all the more curious to meet her?

I wouldn't compare her to Mo'Nique though. Mo'Nique's didn't have any competition, and she gave the kind of slam dunk performance that was destined to win. While Gaga gave an amazing performance that could conceivably win, it's not the kind of undeniable slam dunk like Charlize Theron in Monster or Cate Blanchett in Blue Jasmine. She NEEDS to campaign to have a shot.

JevyDuty

Everyone else does not have Lady Gaga's career. They should chill and stop acting so important. I would love for Gaga to win an Oscar but I don't want her to kill herself for it either. She OBVIOUSLY had other priorities and she has the right to that.

***She already put in the work.***

And i'm sure they'll be other opportunities. 

Edit: I know she has to campaign but she can't be in two places at once and she won't be at all the events. They can Google her reason why.:oops:

freebit
37 minutes ago, YourEvilTwin said:

I wouldn't compare her to Mo'Nique though. Mo'Nique's didn't have any competition, and she gave the kind of slam dunk performance that was destined to win. While Gaga gave an amazing performance that could conceivably win, it's not the kind of undeniable slam dunk like Charlize Theron in Monster or Cate Blanchett in Blue Jasmine. She NEEDS to campaign to have a shot.

I followed that Oscar season and remember people thinking Mo'Nique wasn't going to win because she wasn't going to any of the events though. I also remember people thinking Melissa Leo was torpedoing her chances with that self-funded ad campaign a few years ago too. I mean, I do think those performances were very, very strong, and I think you're correct, a performance is sometimes undeniable, and sometimes its not....but during Oscar season nothing seems like a true slam dunk until in hindsight after Oscar night IMO.

giskardsb
1 hour ago, YourEvilTwin said:

Do we know what she was doing at that time that was so much more important than interacting directly with the Oscar voters?

this attitude seems un-necessary... thats between Gaga, her management, and Warner.   Gaga doesn't owe anyone else any explanation.

I think it was inspired to miss it. Let's face it- she totally dominates (not by her doing) every panel she sits on. This way, we really got to hear some great technical back story. And meet the other artists responsible for this epic film: The cinematographer, the editor, the set director and the costume designer. Even in her absence, her presence was felt.   This is Gaga's film - through and through. Bradley knows it. Its why he can not get enough of her.

Watch As I Dive In

Archived