💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Spoilers: Reflections Regarding ASIB

Quartz

Featured Posts

Quartz

Watched A Star is Born yesterday!

This movie was freaking romantic that I got the tingles. Then it turned really sad. The music was so spectacular. I am still blown away, currently listening to the soundtrack while typing this.

What impacted me most was the lingering feeling of melancholy I felt long after I went home after the screening. How can something so pure and wonderful just end so...sadly? I am not gonna spoil it, but here are my thoughts on the tragedy that transpired in the end.

Fellas, if someone is going through, or have gone through, a terrible time in their life like mental illness, addiction, or just a really heavy problem; please be kind. The things that we say, no matter how minor they might be to our ears, might be the force that pushes these people to the edge. If you have to say a truth, do so with kindness, and come from a place of love. These people are fragile. It takes just one little moment of weakness for the worst to happen. If you don't know how to handle the situations with them, err on the side of kindness and caution. You haven't experienced what they have experienced but that shouldn't limit your basic empathy. Be kind, be gentle, and think of the impact of your words.

And if you are one of those people on the other side of the coin, let me tell you this: hurting yourself will do no good. Look outwards from your internal suffering and you will see that people love you. They are here to help! And when you lose focus on yourself and look around (and maybe above), you'll gain perspective. You'll see that what you're planning will only hurt the people you love. This is selfish. Try to feel their pain and love, not your own. There are a lot of 'if only's' in A Star Is Born. That's the saddest loss - the loss of wasted potential. Don't be like that, because people care for you, and love you so much. Reach out, or at least, let them in. Sending you love.

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

Didymus

SEMI-SPOIL POST

Some people are just self-destructive. Ally did everything she could and it still didn't help in the end. You can blame the ending all on Ally's manager, sure, but he didn't know Jack and couldn't have known the impact of those words on him.

That was actually the source of my melancholy at the end of the film: the feeling that there was nothing she could've done and that, as the film clarifies at multiple points, you're not responsible for another's wrongdoings, only for your own.

I thought the ending was more than just sad, however, since Ally derives strength from it and doesn't spiral into a self-destructive process of her own. She uses her trauma for the better, which he was unable to do. (You could argue that this was because she maintained a good relationship with family and friends, which he didn't.)

Just my take on it :queenga:

RadioIsOurs

Even though my mom cried a little she said that Jack committed suicide after what the manager told him because he wasn't man enough... :triggered:

Quartz
16 minutes ago, Didymus said:

SEMI-SPOIL POST

Some people are just self-destructive. Ally did everything she could and it still didn't help in the end. You can blame the ending all on Ally's manager, sure, but he didn't know Jack and couldn't have known the impact of those words on him.

That was actually the source of my melancholy at the end of the film: the feeling that there was nothing she could've done and that, as the film clarifies at multiple points, you're not responsible for another's wrongdoings, only for your own.

I thought the ending was more than just sad, however, since Ally derives strength from it and doesn't spiral into a self-destructive process of her own. She uses her trauma for the better, which he was unable to do. (You could argue that this was because she maintained a good relationship with family and friends, which he didn't.)

Just my take on it :queenga:

SPOILER

I agree that the manager wasn't fully at fault. But, the suicide was a confluence of a lot of things: the manager's words to a recovering addict, Jack's addiction and troubled past, the impending disability, guilt over the death of Ally's star, etc. If at least one of these things did not occur, the suicide wouldn't have happened.

The sadness I felt afterwards was mostly due to the fact I couldn't pin the blame on anybody. The purity of their love couldn't even save him. In a world where we are told over and over again that love can overcome everything (which I personally believe), it wasn't able to reach Jack's dark place. This made me incredibly sad because I am sure that this scenario no doubt happens in real life.

But at the end of the day, I agree with you and Jack's older brother. It wasn't the fault of the one loving if their love doesn't reach someone in time. It just so sad that it still happened. A lesson I would like to take from this is to continue spreading love, just in case this might be the thread that pulls a desparate soul from the edge.

Watched the premiere yesterday.

Christ, I still can't exactly put everything how I felt into words unlike what you just did to this beautiful OP. The ending still flashes in my mind throughout the day and I can't help shaking my head how no one deserves the mental turmoil Jack went through. Its more than 24 hours and it still left me f*cked up.

Quartz
2 hours ago, Lagg said:

Watched the premiere yesterday.

Christ, I still can't exactly put everything how I felt into words unlike what you just did to this beautiful OP. The ending still flashes in my mind throughout the day and I can't help shaking my head how no one deserves the mental turmoil Jack went through. Its more than 24 hours and it still left me f*cked up.

I know right?! When I was watching the movie, I thought, 'I don't get the acclaim of this film. It's pretty normal to me.'

Then, boom! It holds you captive for more than a day after. It's so powerful. I love this film. Poor Jack. If only he just spoke about how he felt a little more, this could have been prevented.

Archived