💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Charts Discussion - 'A Star Is Born' Out Now!

Stef

Featured Posts

Supersonic

I lowkey think that Always Remember Us This Way and I'l Never Love Again were both written as contenders for the closing song, with INLA winning but Gaga and her team deciding that ARUTW is way too good to be excluded.

Spoilers ahead!

Spoiler

I think both were written during a time, where the cause of Jack's death wasn't established yet, whether it would be an accident or not.

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pierre
17 minutes ago, BuzzcutSeason said:

Question for Spotify Users abroad who use playlists:

For those in the UK, Italy, anywhere else etc. do you guys use standard Todays Top Hits like in the US or do you normally use the Hot Hits playlists for your country, or both?   Like, what takes priority amongst charts? :oprah:

I just stream the album. 

Spoiler

Except when Shallow was released, I played it on repeat with IWYL in my TTH (today's two hits) playlist

❝Is not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually cerulean❞.

ArtGagaPop

INLA combined is not really doing much worse then ARUTW on any platform, it's just a illusion since everything is split between 2 versions. I think they should start to push INLA after the radio freeze and peform the song at the Oscars(the song is perfect for a epic oscar peformance) and hopefully let it peak that week. Then they can push ARUTW for spring. 

2 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

I lowkey think that Always Remember Us This Wayï»ż aï»żnd I'l Never Love Again were both written as contenders for the closing song, with INLA winning but Gaga and her team deciding that ARUTW is way too good to be excluded.

Spoilers ahead!

Hide contents

I think both were written during a time, where the cause of Jack's death wasn't established yet, whether it would be an accident or not.

That's a very specific conclusion to come to without any evidence though. The whole of ARUTW seems way too joyful to be positioned at the end.

Spoiler

Also there's nothing in ARUTW that could really be interpreted as lamenting Jackson's death. In fact it's literally written about their relationship in the present. To me it serves more as a foreshadowing of his death and it has a perfect position in the narrative, just as INLA does.

BuzzcutSeason

I feel like though this deserves wider scale singles it's not exactly what they're going for.

Shallow is going to be the first official single with this proper push, and INLA is going to get some sort of attention in the spring with award season and that'll be it. AC/HAC hit, likely.

16 minutes ago, TEANUS said:

Yeah Always Remember Us This Way and I’ll Never Love Again give me Dark Horse and Unconditionally vibes. The one that resonates better vs. the one the artist/ label pushes for

Not really true. Combined INLA is next to Always Remmember us this way. It will be interesting if the video will have an effect when it will be on YouTube. Personally I think that ITA will do better than both of them on charts. It just doesnt have the exposure in the movie. However, it doesnt really matter what would do better in the charts, but who can win the Oscar easily. 

Just realised that “When the sun goes down, and the band won’t play” lowkey means the decline of Jack’s career. 

His backdrop on stage is a sun. 

ViviLittleM

The fact that we have so many singles choices in this album :nooo: compared to ARTPOP or even Joanne it changes a lot for us :nooo:

Gypsy Life

ARUTW will never be a single. It's already on TTH, and will probably be platinum by the time Shallow ends its run.

INLA probably won't be a single either, unless they're pushing it for the Oscars, but seems like Shallow ended its chances.

Realistically, the era probably won't have any singles beyond Shallow, but Is That Alright is in the best position to smash in a few months since it had no exposure beforehand.

it would be such a waste to not release singles from this soundtrack

but i can see that happening since they didn't even want to promote shallow in the first place, but i think if the fans complain a lot they probably give in.

emig09
12 minutes ago, Sugden said:

it would be such a waste to not release singles from this soundtrack

but i can see that happening since they didn't even want to promote shallow in the first place, but i think if the fans fans complain a lot they probably give in.

:huntyga:

gay engineer

asana15
1 hour ago, Brie Candy said:

Can u find the full interview, please

It's from the screening for the Academy members in NYC at the MoMA on October 7th. Just like the one in LA, it run out of seats even though a second room was opened for overflow.

The footage of the interview might surface some day, although who knows.

• Admin locked and unpinned this topic

Archived