💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Charts Discussion - 'A Star Is Born' Out Now!

Stef

Featured Posts

Bad Monster Kid
4 minutes ago, Coop said:

Awks, isn't Shonda a Gaga hater?

OT: Yas at the slayage!

She didn’t like Gagas oscar performance of Sound of Music and tweeted about it. I’m pretty certain she’s deaf. 

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are y'all stressing over Shonda ****ing Rhimes, of all the people. :air: That woman seems so stuck up her own ass

highlikegaga
2 minutes ago, Coop said:

Awks, isn't Shonda a Gaga hater?

OT: Yas at the slayage!

OMG, yes. I almost boycotted all Shonda shows after her dumb post - SOM tribute at the Oscars. Like, everyone enjoyed the tribute and was praising Gaga and Shonda was acting stupid.

ALSO, in her Shondaland emails they send almost every day/week/whatever they threw some major shade at ASIB and Grey's Anatomy never featured Million Reason, while it featured many other 2018 Best Pop Vocal Songs smh

but i've made my peace with Shonda's hate. and hey, maybe after the event she'll see the light

Bad Monster Kid
1 minute ago, FallonCarringto said:

:triggered:

Possibly one of two people in the entire world who didn’t like it. She’s probably a chainsmokers fan. 

Bad Monster Kid
2 minutes ago, highlikegaga said:

OMG, yes. I almost boycotted all Shonda shows after her dumb post - SOM tribute at the Oscars. Like, everyone enjoyed the tribute and was praising Gaga and Shonda was acting stupid.

ALSO, in her Shondaland emails they send almost every day/week/whatever they threw some major shade at ASIB and Grey's Anatomy never featured Million Reason, while it featured many other 2018 Best Pop Vocal Songs smh

but i've made my peace with Shonda's hate. and hey, maybe after the event she'll see the light

What was the ASIB shade? I’m perched. 

viniferrett
5 minutes ago, FallonCarringto said:

:triggered: Miss Julie hear an angel sing b*tch the f*ck is wrong w ya? 

lol imagine being her 

Teal Ambition
5 minutes ago, FallonCarringto said:

:triggered: Miss Julie hear an angel sing b*tch the f*ck is wrong w ya? 

omg how rude :interestinga:

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

Teal Ambition
1 minute ago, Doncho said:

Lava Girl stanning

stanning twice :diane:

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

highlikegaga
11 minutes ago, Bad Monster Kid said:

What was the ASIB shade? I’m perched. 

i don't even remember when or why i subscribed to Shondaland daily email chain. (that's mostly empowering women talk, of all things)

the title said: Once Again, 'A Star Is Born'

and i broke my hip, thinking she finally saw the light.

Spoiler

here's what the email said. word for word.

"It sometimes feels odd to seek out escape via pop culture with such veracity when there’s so much going on in the world. The act of going to the movies for a few hours and disconnecting from reality — giving yourself up to the stimuli of the theater alone — can seem selfish, even though it is an incredible act of self-care. A movie can lift you out of the muck of the week, even if it’s just for a short period of time.

Unless, the movie you’re seeing is "A Star Is Born," and the reality you are attempting to escape is the one where damaged men who do little more than shed a few tears are defended, empathized with, and advocated for on a national stage.

Like any classic-Hollywood stan, I knew what I was getting into with "A Star is Born." The Bradley Cooper helmed film, starring Cooper and Lady Gaga as Jackson and Ally Maine, is the fourth version of this story to be (originally scripted and conceived in 1937 by William Wellman, Robert Carson, Dorothy Parker, and Alan Campbell) put to screen. While the faces change from 1937 (Janet Gaynor and Fredric March), to 1954 (Judy Garland and James Mason), to 1976 (Barbra Streisand and Kris Kristofferson), to 2018, the narrative remains the same. A young, talented woman who hasn’t yet managed to break out on her own meets an older, established artist on the decline. He takes her under his whiskey soaked wing and —while she becomes a star — they fall in love. Ultimately his disease, drug and alcohol addiction, is a mountain the couple simply won’t be able to summit together.

If you’ve seen all three, or even just one of the prior versions of the film, there’s little plot-wise that will surprise you in Cooper’s effort. I was prepared for the arc of the plot. I wasn’t prepared to have completely lost my taste for it.":what:

I'm thinking of unsubscribing, now that i finally have the time. :vegas:not that i open the other emails they send. :ohwell:

edit:

i found the full review actually

https://www.shondaland.com/live/a23588079/review-a-star-is-born/

if anyone wants to read it. i really can't be bothered with it.

and it actually praises gaga at times. and shonda didn't write it. so idk and don't care

• Admin locked and unpinned this topic

Archived