Dilwyn

Featured Posts

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ARTPOP2
29 minutes ago, DiegoMonster said:

https://www.slantmagazine.com/music/review/lady-gaga-the-fame

their best review for a Lady Gaga album was for Born this way (4/5) I believe. 

There’s no denying that Gaga (born Stefania Gabriella Germanotta—a much more interesting artist name, if you ask me) has tapped into the trash-obsessed zeitgeist, but The Fame fails to live up to all the glittery hype.

:air: x 130000

DiegoMonster
32 minutes ago, Killa said:

This guy is so obnoxious, this is why i hate popular magazines. enfin

Is it always the same writer ? 

Enfim mesmo 😂

DiegoMonster
14 minutes ago, ARTPOP2 said:

There’s no denying that Gaga (born Stefania Gabriella Germanotta—a much more interesting artist name, if you ask me) has tapped into the trash-obsessed zeitgeist, but The Fame fails to live up to all the glittery hype.

:air: x 130000

WTF

Slant are LEGIT haters. Not joking. They are Madonna fans. Back when I stanned MC they had a discussion section on their site where people could discuss their reviews. They had a bias against Mariah because those 2 divas had a stan war going on. So no surprise they have a bias against LG as well. I wanted them ended back then, unfortunately they are still here.

Harris Walz 2024

Some critics didn't like The Bodyguard or Titanic soundtracks or movies. Slant isn't exactly the NY Times so I wouldn't sweat it. Enjoy the success. If you're looking for negative folks, well, they are everywhere. Stay positive ! :firega:

I agree with him about Bradley, still he's a very good singer in this all things considered. HOW DARE HE SLANDER THESE GORGEOUS BALLADS HOWEVER. WHAT A PRICK

Why do these reviewers insist on reviewing a soundtrack album like a solo project? It's... plain stupid. The most annoying/dumbest part of this thing was:

"Arguably even more problematic are the numerous sappy, generic ballads that, absent of context, seem to portray Jackson and Ally’s romance as a tragic storybook affair when it’s clear from the film that they were doomed from the start."

Well, duh. The soundtrack album accompanies the movie, not the other way around. The soundtrack literally exists within and because of the movie. You need the context of the movie to understand the motivations behind the songs and the album itself. :smh: The reviewer even mentions how the album is already "filler-heavy" without the dialogue (which he also complains about because of a more stupid reason) - how the HELL do you pick out a "filler" in an album that is literally a compilation of song used in a movie? :toofunny:

I give this review 1/5. Like, it's literally pointless. It's frustrating, but it's more sad. The mental gymnastics the reviewer went through to give this album a negative review. Hope he didn't injure himself :huntyga:

Archived