đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

5 Years On: Gaga's Masterplan...

OMonster

Featured Posts

3 hours ago, Ziggy said:

But she's also crazy ambitious. I think, though, this was less about commercial success and more about professional stability. She couldn't take a break if she was at a career low and not to mention the stress involved in that. She needed to do something to secure her status and pave a lane for herself that feasibly not many would be able to encroach upon so she could take her well-deserved break. I do agree she wants to try out new things, only natural since she has nowhere else to go in pop, really, but I think a lot of these past few years have been about finding stability, not domination.

I think it's a mix of both, a cleansing image, a break, washing prejudice against her and also freeing her of something she put on herself. "I'm Lady Gaga 24 hours" etc, crazy bold statments and being freaky etc. Now she can sparely appear and  do her thing, she found a space to get away from us, much needed in my opinion.

It's a mix between what was organic, and how to work on what they had on hand, also catching the wind of what's next. But she says in that ayo clip ffrom Joanne, she wants people on the street to dance to her record. She wants that big worldwide smash, and she is the single person we all know, that that road has to be paved.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
boyerased

Gaga’s definitely not that innocent let’s make that clear. I love that she isn’t. She still wants some commercial success regardless of whatever she says. It’s fine. They definitely thought of this, may not be as intricate, as I think fate has something to do with this. As others said this was partly planned and part organic. 

She was on top, so what’s next? Definitely cement her status as an artist. 

Saint Laurent

I've been thinking about this a lot recently.

Gaga is, by her own admission, a master of the art of fame. I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that she knew that one day a decline would have to occur and so she orchestrated the ARTPOP era to be that in preparation for her future.

JohnnyVersace
13 hours ago, Rio said:

Wish people would stop saying “dead aunt” all the time. It’s so dark

Ok but that's what she is :laughga:

Schizophonic

this totally fits with her original lg5 beeing influenced by american horror story with a dark tone and frankensteined. but thanks to beyonce a even better opportunity came along with a change of direction.

what also is on my mind is that she has like 5-10 more concepts of other albums in her head that will come all in time at some point and i´m pretty sure she will bring back the decay of a popstar thing as well as the mermaid/ursula thing. there are quite a few concepts she plays along the whole time.

but what u think how literal is that plan? something like a paper written concept over years in someones office laying?

I agree with a lot of what you said, but I don't think she has planned out her career that meticulously. I do agree that after ARTPOP she wanted to rebrand herself, and chose that as the perfect time to release C2C. For Joanne maybe Gaga feared that it was too soon to go back to full pop, and wanted to continue with a stripped back image. Eventually this lead to things like the Super Bowl and ASIB to fall perfectly in to place. 

I don't expect she will release LG6 until next year, but I do think it would be plausible for her to release a stand alone single or EP before the Vegas residency.

14 hours ago, JohnnyVersace said:

Ok but that's what she is :laughga:

Disrespectful and you even put a laughing face. Her name is Joanne

FfFfFfFF

We are talking about the girl who used to pretend she is her own manager lowering her voice.. If she wants something she will get it.

I love that she didn't freeze after ARTPOP. She could've easily gone for a decent career in pop music and keep making headlines being weird from time to time, but she chose to defy every expectation (even her fans's) and now we all are so grateful. I hope she makes a successful transition from just a musician to an all-encompassing artist. I would love if people remembered her not as a musician, an actress, an activist... but as an artist that really fought for what she believed in. She's definitely on the right track (always was)!

Archived