rumor

Gaga as Ursula in The Little Mermaid!

California Gold

Featured Posts

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheAlpha

People nowadays will destroy the film industry. It’s acting for a reason, a Drag queen or a gay man doesn’t need to be Ursula. The whole point is that one transforms into something different. And with great acting, make it good.

You know this is just my opinion, right?

Tom Nook

imagine the slayage of her version of Poor Unfortunate Souls :firega:

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

Glamourpuss

I can actually imagine Gaga in this role, both as the sea witch and the dark haired human version who steals prince Eric. She'd be perfect for it. 

But I don't trust Disney to make a good enough live action remake. Beauty and the Beast was abysmal. 

Miracle
3 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

This reply is disgusting. This role is perfect for her and she can do your art house movie after it. Now stop being bitter. Ursula is female and not a drag queen in the original so go off..

She was inspired by Divine, a DRAG QUEEN. I love Ursula the character and I wouldn't mind Gaga playing it but do I want Gaga to face backlash because of a movie that's likely going to be a mess even if its boxscore is huge? I don't. Scarlet Johansson literally destroyed her career for taking a trans man role. 

Regina George
4 minutes ago, Miracle said:

She was inspired by Divine, a DRAG QUEEN. I love Ursula the character and I wouldn't mind Gaga playing it but do I want Gaga to face backlash because of a movie that's likely going to be a mess even if its boxscore is huge? I don't. Scarlet Johansson literally destroyed her career for taking a trans man role. 

She won’t because Ursula is OFFICIALLY female. She WAS ONLY INSPIRED by drag queen but she is female and not a drag queen. Ugh.. 

Andy McQueen

SHE WOULD FIT SOOOOOOO WELL

Why is everyone complaining? This is a RE-IMAGING, she doesn't have to be overweight or old for god's sake.

Imagine her like Lana Parrilla's version/interpretation:

Regina George
6 minutes ago, PussyGlam said:

I can actually imagine Gaga in this role, both as the sea witch and the dark haired human version who steals prince Eric. She'd be perfect for it. 

But I don't trust Disney to make a good enough live action remake. Beauty and the Beast was abysmal. 

B&TB was amazing just like every live action remake Disney made. But whatever, do you..

Borislshere

remember when everyone was crying about accuracy when Zendaya was rumored to play Ariel? Saying Black mermaids don't exist and that it should be a white woman with red hair.  Now all you have to be to play Ursula is a woman? No shade, just an observation. 

FentyGa
24 minutes ago, NathanRajz said:

u know, in the little mermaid 2 there was a skinnier ursula:vegas:

Her name was Morgana:cryga:
Gaga coming for Lina's wig once more:v:

Tom Nook
11 minutes ago, ReginaGeorge said:

Ursula is female and not a drag queen in the original so go off..

I’m not gonna defend their choice of wording of “fat gay male” but there is no denying that Ursula was in fact inspired by the drag queen Divine (realized somebody already mentioned it :poot:)

main-qimg-3d3f22261b1629fa141a369d41e91e

And if given the opportunity Divine would’ve considered auditioning for the voice of the role if it were for their untimely death 

https://news.avclub.com/read-this-how-divine-inspired-ursula-the-sea-witch-1798243255

but as a Gaga fan I’m gonna support this role because she already proved that she has the capability as shown in A Star Is Born and its gonna be an uphill battle to defend against those who actually have valid criticisms of the fact that Ursula should be a plus-size/drag based actor

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

Regina George
2 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

remember when everyone was crying about accuracy when Zendaya was rumored to play Ariel? Saying Black mermaids don't exist and that it should be a white woman with red hair.  Now all you have to be to play Ursula is a woman? No shade, just an observation. 

I saw no one complaining about Ariel being black tho... Everyone was complaining about her acting (at least majority did).. Also no one said that you HAVE to be woman to play Ursula.. What everyone is saying is that Ursula as a character is actually female and not a drag queen but only inspired by one so the backlash would be completely uncalled for. :)

Phaye Monster

I would die if this were to happen. TLM was my favourite childhood movie and Gaga would be so perfect for it

I'm an ARTPOP bitch, baby

Archived