💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Ally’s pop music

kaojen

Featured Posts

kaojen

Oh believe me. I know I’m in the minority here.

I am not a fan of Ally’s pop songs. Most of all Why Did You DO That. I really think they did such an amazing job at writing infectious pop songs. They are mastered amazingly as well and are catchy. I could see them doing very well in the music world.

But, it is NOT my cup of tea. 🍵 

what really intrigued me is how she wanted to make sure Ally didn’t sound like her. Of course throughout the movie in various songs you can hear Gaga come through but I think the pop songs did so well at staying far away from the Gaga sound.

I find myself cringing and laughing at WDYDT. But so many of my friends love it haha. Heal Me and Hair Body face are better but not my general kind of music I cling to. If Ally were a real artist I could see myself not being a fan once she got into the pop scene. 

Just because I don’t like the songs doesn’t very make them terrible, and it doesn’t mean that I have superior music taste. It is just an opinion. 

O was FLOORED to see that Look What Ive Found was put out. And I absolutely love Remember Us This Way.

buuuut I cant get into the pop pop 😂 

I mean, I myself wasn’t really digging The Cure when it first came out but I love it after seeing it live. 

Well that’s my opinion.

What is yours?

Do you love them and want an album like that? Do you have any other friends or family that have a similar opinion? LMK

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
River

I don't like WDUDT too

Hairy Body Face is an up and down kind for song for me, sometimes I skip it and sometimes I enjoy it

Heal Me is my favorite because it's pop but not so pop, like not a sellout pop

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

kvnrp

They are generic because it fits the movie, remember Ally was constraint by her management and stuff. Heal Me was probably the last "real" song Ally wrote.

WYDYDT and HBF are like a purchased Dr. Luke song with lyrics written by the artist itself if you really think about it.

Are they bad in terms of quality? Hell no :neyde:
They are really up to Gagas standarts of quality and you can hear that.

Leblanc

I'm a fan of upbeat songs so I don't mind them but the ballads on this soundtrack just blow them all away so in comparison I think they don't look so great.

ARUTW, Look What I Found and Before I Cry remain my faves

I always let the good ones go

Eros92

Ya'll saying generic :bye:

I mean you guys HAVE listened to ARTPOP right? i mean love that album but songs like Fashion, Donatella and J&D are definally worse than WDYDT, Heal Me and HFB. 

ARTPOPSTER

I’m fine with WDYDT and HBF, but I don’t like Heal Me. I still think INLA, ITA, Shallow and LWIF are my favorites.

kaojen
7 minutes ago, Eros92 said:

Ya'll saying generic :bye:

I mean you guys HAVE listened to ARTPOP right? i mean love that album but songs like Fashion, Donatella and J&D are definally worse than WDYDT, Heal Me and HFB. 

Yeah but there is something different about them. I guess the Beats 1 interviewer said it best. They just weren’t weird enough (the Ally songs) to be like her songs. 

Arcanum

Ally released the Cure.

Hair, make up, sound... everything was Ally and we didn't have a clue. We judged Gaga as generic when actually Ally released it.

I Wantth your Love...I Wantth your Love.

These are the best songs on the soundtrack. Heal Me is my favourite Gaga song of all time. It’s so fresh and airy. It’s like The Cure but 10x better. 

Before I cry is a masterpiece.

Hair Body Face is a BOP and drag queens will be syncing to this in years to come.

Im not a ballad person at all, I like my music to make me happy and dance not depressed and cry.

I hope these are the direction of LG6. I’m so done with the country and ballad Gaga!

Why Did You Do That makes sense in the context of its scene in the movie, but just trying to listen to it by itself is.......annoying (to me, anyway; I really don't like that chorus :air:).

Heal Me and Hair, Body, Face are both pretty good and I've been enjoying them, but the other songs like Shallow and Always Remember Us This Way, etc. have most of my attention.

Archived