Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
opinion

Audience perceived Gaga to be shading herself in ASIB

Katie14

Featured Posts

Poissonche

All I have to say is that already knew the lyrics on The Fame, even though they didn't have deep, meaningful messages, where very clever and needed a great mastering of the language to be written. But after watching ASIB and listening to Ally's pop songs, I realized it even more. Gaga is so smart y'all. She's much more creative than those basic pop singers who wonder why did you do that do that do that do that do that do that do that do that do that do that do that to me? So if the people laughed because Gaga's music qualifies as "untalented" (which they didn't because it's just a funny moment), they're wrong.

djBuffoon

Personally, I think they laughed because it’s a funny line and she delivered it well. 

Everyone laughed at that part but it was not because of the reason mentioned. I think ppl came into the movie and disconnected that she was Gaga. By that point in the film they were already immersed in ALLY. I think what made them laugh is that for an artist to say that line about losing the part of her that's talented is funny because as an artist you of course want to be talented and perceived as talented but the pop industry can be super shallow and superficial so it's like they laughed at it because it's supposed to be a given but it isn't. They laughed at how ironic that line sounds not that they related it to Gaga's own career. At least that's how I viewed it honestly. 

Leblanc

It's honestly freaking me out how many people are saying it's a funny line and her delivery was funny.

Like wtf, it's a super casual line she mentions in a brief scene after the rehearsal.

But I get that no one would have have thought so into it to think of it as her mocking herself.

I've seen the film twice and no one laughed and the scene seemed normal to me, so I don't get how people think it's comedy gold or how people think the GP would be deeply thinking about the Gaga/Ally distinction.

I need a cigarette, i'm confused:madge:

Coven Season

Luxe Ford

That's clearly Ally speaking, because If Gaga lost the part of her that's talented there'd be nothing left.

What happens in Luxe Ford stays in Luxe Ford

Archived