Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Audience perceived Gaga to be shading herself in ASIB

Katie14

Featured Posts

Katie14

Spoiler Alert

When Gaga says "I don't want to lose the part of me that's talented" in the movie, the theater erupted in laughter because people were thinking to themselves that Gaga did lose the part of her that's talented by becoming a pop star and having dancers, ect. They think she is directly shading or mocking herself when she says this line and its funny to them. I think a lot of people assume Gaga used to be like other more shallow pop stars and is now coming around to her original self. This may be slightly true but I do think Gaga always was smart about her music and had intelligent lyrics and people just put her in the "pop star shallow box" with all the other popular female singers. Anyway, I just think its interesting. 

Also, she says she doesn't want blond her or dancers, two aspects of Gaga. 

Tbh I think a big part as to why I consider her as this mega talent is her ability to express her songs through such in depth artistic performances! I mean from the first VMAs to, well, every other ones :legend: I really don't see why the gp kept undermining her that way :crossed:

TropicOfCANCER

Everyone laughed at this part in my theater but I don’t think it’s for the reason you said. 

Leblanc

I literally don't see what's funny about this and don't know how the GP would know enough about gaga to all collectively find it funny that she would say this? :duck:

I always let the good ones go

I laughed when Ally said she doesn't want to be a stupid blondie:huntyga:
and the fact that gaga dyed her hair  blonde  immediately after the filming:ladyhaha:

River

because like it or not, it's a very Gaga sentence to say :laughga:

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

LordEnigma

It’s not really that deep, sis. I think a lot of members here know Gaga’s story like the back of their hand so they think this is a mini-biopic metaphor type of movie but you have to view Ally as her own person and character with her own storyline(which in some cases they are similar).

Katie14
14 minutes ago, Bae said:

i dont think it was that deep yo

3 minutes ago, Alexander Levi said:

It’s not really that deep, sis. I think a lot of members here know Gaga’s story like the back of their hand so they think this is a mini-biopic metaphor type of movie but you have to view Ally as her own person and character with her own storyline(which in some cases they are similar).

Then why do you think people laughed? I really believe they laughed because a real life pop star made that statement. If some other actress was playing Ally and said that line, I don't think anyone would find it funny.

BLOODANDSEMEN

You’re way over analyzing dude. They laughed because it’s funny and her delivery of the line was funny. Sheesh.

Cavadour

There's a big difference between her character in ASIB and Gaga herself. She repeatedly insisted on this in interviews (among the same phrases every stan knows and is mocking now) : whereas Ally as given up on her dreams, Gaga is in full control of her destiny. She believed in her talent very young. She deliberately created her pop starlet self. It was always her choice. Which is not the case of Ally.

Late to the party but I got a diamond heart

LordEnigma
4 minutes ago, Katie14 said:

Then why do you think people laughed? I really believe they laughed because a real life pop star made that statement. If some other actress was playing Ally and said that line, I don't think anyone would find it funny.

It’s just a way they potrary pop music. In general, pop music is about the looks rather than the music.

I think people laughed because that’s how they view the industry themselves... 

GypsyBabe

Everyone laughed too, because it was a funny line. Gaga has never not been talented or shown her talent. Just because she does pop music doesn’t mean that she’s a sellout. I think you are projecting. 

⚯͛

Katie14
35 minutes ago, GypsyBabe said:

Everyone laughed too, because it was a funny line. Gaga has never not been talented or shown her talent. Just because she does pop music doesn’t mean that she’s a sellout. I think you are projecting. 

I know that but I think a lot of the gp assumes pop star = sell out.

TSUNAMI

That would be true if Gaga was following rules of Pop landscape.

You guys easily forget that she shaped her fame and she reshaped the definition of pop artist and talent.

POP MUSIC WILL NEVER BE LOW BROW!

Archived