Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
opinion

The overhype is now hurting ASIB itself.

Galagala

Featured Posts

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gardevoir
2 minutes ago, KaGOATrl said:

from the music alone I'm underwhelmed.. still going to see it, of course.:vegas:

Excuse me

Sugar, spice, and everything nice.

Levine

My god ****ing chill for ONCE!

Emjoy a ****ing era and stop worrying about what a bunch of people think.

52 minutes ago, Vitleysingur said:

It is word of mouth and it the ultimate factor to success of a movie.

Exactly.  Fans can't overhype because the public doesn't know or care what fans say.  The public may read a review in the publication they regularly read, or see something on a talk show, but that is the extent of what the public may notice.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Whispering

Isn't this your second thread about this? 

Stop focusing on the tiny amount of negativity and worrying about something that doesn't matter and enjoy the overwhelming positives. 

Benji

I just got home from seeing it and I thought it was excellent.  The acting was incredible and a large majority of the scenes were handled very well, I only wish it could have been longer!

The film hasn’t been “over-hyped.” I think some people are just taking all the rave reviews and expect it to transcend what a film can.

It's hilarious that as Gaga fans we're now worried about OVERHYPE after years of complaining about Gaga struggling. 

Let's enjoy this guys. 

Mr Ricky
4 hours ago, Alexander Levi said:

Not everyone on the planet is going to like the movie and of course there are going to be a range of reviews... it has an 8.3/10 on IMDB and I’d say that’s a pretty good indicator of the general dislike/like.

Just because your classmates and some comments are disappointed doesn’t mean it’s over-hyped. Let’s just see what the CineScore consensus is before we say it was “over-hyped.” 

8.6 for me 🤔

Crossfit

PlasticHo
10 hours ago, JR Gg said:

Honey your general audience is not really general... they're probably fans because the general audience take their time to watch a movie, and absolutely not on the first screening lmao :emma:

So true. I'm a Stan, but not going until this weekend. People get busy and I wouldn't classify the first group as general public. 

That J

The movie truly only officially came out today. It's too early to judge anything. The Thursday night previews made a huge amount of money, it is in spectacular shape. In all honesty, the only people who were truly hyping to death were fans on fan forums but that's what we do on fan forums. 

There is no need for concern. It's already a hit, it's a critical darling. Relax and enjoy the ride.  

I saw it and loved it and have several groups of friends and family that want to go within the next 2 weeks so when all is said and done, my own butt will have seen it probably 5 times or more in the theater alone. Lol. My next show is Monday and then I have a matinee on Wednesday. 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

Didymus

Nah. Even when people won't go nuts over the film (that only rarely happens btw, and to a very limited genre), Gaga's acting will surely be appreciated, and critical acclaim is much more important to me than public perception.

The overhype only exists among fans because they are the only ones who have followed (and contributed to) the hype lol.

DrewPa

Well for once LMs didn't do anything to overhype the movie... Actually, I have the impression a lot of people here  really started to care about this project AFTER critics started to write rave reviews about it... the problem with movie that become "Must-see", is that people not particularly interested before decide to see it anyway to verify what all the fuzz is about... It happened for a lot of movies, not big deal. If the movie is good, in 10 years time it will be the only thing that people will remember.

I'm a real Fire CRRRACKERRR

Thomas P
11 hours ago, kissmy7 said:

A trick to overcome hype: watch the movie two times. The first is hyped with expectations, the second feels smoother and relaxed :queenga: 

Hun I don’t know about you but I got no tears left to cry.mp3 after my first time watching. I can’t be up in a theatre crying like an idiot again. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Archived