Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The overhype is now hurting ASIB itself.

Galagala

Featured Posts

Virgin Ryan

Well, Gaga can't win everyone. Just enjoy it and let the salty people keep being salty.

:huntyga:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
warrentw

Every screening I’ve been to couldn’t be further from this strangers talking to other strangers about how good the film was

Most of the important sites and magazines: Gaga is giving an Oscar worthy performance!!

Most of the critics: Asib is worth seeing and i loved gaga and bradleys chemistry!

Some people: The movie was nice but a little bit disappointing

Yall: is gaga flopping again?

2 hours ago, kissmy7 said:

A trick to overcome hype: watch the movie two times. The first is hyped with expectations, the second feels smoother and relaxed :queenga: 

This is exactly how I experienced it. 

Watch As I Dive In

ErickSlayyy

One of friends literally asked my other friend if she wanted to go see ASIB today with us and she said she didn’t because it was “basic.” I feel like it could be the overhype of the movie that made her say the movie was basic:triggered:

3 hours ago, Stef said:

Not sure if opening a thread to shed light on the 15% overall disappointed reviews as opposed to the 85% acclaim is really productive on a Gaga fansite 

2 hours ago, nicolasrumet said:

I swear Gaga fans love giving loud speakers to Gaga haters.

1 hour ago, Queen Neyde said:

Most of the important sites and magazines: Gaga is giving an Oscar worthy performance!!

Most of the critics: Asib is worth seeing and i loved gaga and bradleys chemistry!

Some people: The movie was nice but a little bit disappointing

Yall: is gaga flopping again?

All of these. Some people badly need perspective literally physically drilled into them. :huntyga: It's so annoying.

Ziggy

I don't think so. My friend and I were hyped (I'd seen it awhile back and we'd seen trailers for months), even with that in mind she still loved it. So I don't think it is necessarily.

3 hours ago, Galagala said:

Here's a review from GoldDerby:

Edit: Ugh you know this is not the only review, right?:huntyga: My classmates watched it last night and they said they were a little disappointed, too. :excuseu:

"This is a very good film but overhyped as hell. Bradley Cooper did a great work in the direction and bringing back this classic story in a very well done way. The 1st half is better than the 2nd one, when Ally is famous all I see was Lady Gaga.

Bradley is good on it, but he is not winning, his performance is very 5th spot type of performance.

Lady Gaga is not at Kidman/Zellwegger/Hudson/Stone level, the character will not be as ICONIC as Satine/Roxy/Effie/Mia but she did a good job in the 1st half. She needs to improve her acting, work more and eventually she will have her Moonstruck.

The sound is great and I expected more from the OST, SHALLOW is that song, I loved it and will be nominated. The last song was a blatant attempt to have her own I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU and seems too forced, while SHALLOW grows in a very organic way.

Sam and Gaga´s father did a great job as supporting characters.

The only lock for a win is Shallow.

My friends and I were disappointed after the huge hype."

Are you from another universe? Because u are talking about another film sis😂 Is shallow the best song for u to win an oscar/grammy? Omg. Did u heard the whole soundtrack with a made in china earphones?

3 hours ago, Galagala said:

As I said days ago here, lots of people from the first screening in my country said "ASIB is great but a little disappointing."There are more and more alike reviews coming up from general people now. :ohno:

I think what made them feel "disappointed" is the overhype we and the media build for the film. Without it, ASIB would definitely be a way better film on their minds.(yeah, and Oscar members' minds.):giggle:

No matter what it got from the media or the critics, we really need to be humble or focus on the highlights of the film ---the acting and the music. 

I don't care if you tell me "negativity is not allowed here." Sorry, the film is released now and you can't stop general people having these kinds of feelings. 

Yeah, the influence of the overhype is happening, but at least I wish it will not hurt ASIB's chances too much in Oscars or any other award. :messga::messga:

Maybe in your circle. Not in mine

brucee
3 hours ago, Adriana Lima said:

The last song was a blatant attempt to have her own I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU and seems too forced, while SHALLOW grows in a very organic way.

if here he means I Will Never Love Again. im afraid he is SOOO RİGHT. It screams I will always love you.

sad but true. And I never ever heard a link between BTW and Express Yourself let us make it clear. But here the beginning of the sentences are the same as I will Always Love you, then it goes somewhere else it's true, but let us say this is not a song I'm going to come back to a lot. 

Which is so not the same thing with the rest. Is that alright, Shallow... (I ain't listened to everything), but I already love these two songs.

hello hello baby.

Noel Sanchez
4 hours ago, Galagala said:

Here's a review from GoldDerby:

Edit: Ugh you know this is not the only review, right?:huntyga: My classmates watched it last night and they said they were a little disappointed, too. :excuseu:

"This is a very good film but overhyped as hell. Bradley Cooper did a great work in the direction and bringing back this classic story in a very well done way. The 1st half is better than the 2nd one, when Ally is famous all I see was Lady Gaga.

Bradley is good on it, but he is not winning, his performance is very 5th spot type of performance.

Lady Gaga is not at Kidman/Zellwegger/Hudson/Stone level, the character will not be as ICONIC as Satine/Roxy/Effie/Mia but she did a good job in the 1st half. She needs to improve her acting, work more and eventually she will have her Moonstruck.

The sound is great and I expected more from the OST, SHALLOW is that song, I loved it and will be nominated. The last song was a blatant attempt to have her own I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU and seems too forced, while SHALLOW grows in a very organic way.

Sam and Gaga´s father did a great job as supporting characters.

The only lock for a win is Shallow.

My friends and I were disappointed after the huge hype."

No one cares what you and your friends think how bout that 🤷🏻‍♂️👍🏼

Noel Sanchez
2 minutes ago, brucee said:

sad but true. And I never ever heard a link between BTW and Express Yourself let us make it clear. But here the beginning of the sentences are the same as I will Always Love you, then it goes somewhere else it's true, but let us say this is not a song I'm going to come back to a lot. 

Which is so not the same thing with the rest. Is that alright, Shallow... (I ain't listened to everything), but I already love these two songs.

Ever think she was trying to pay homage to Whitney with the similarities of the two songs 

of course not 

stans will be the first to twist anything into a negative 

she loved  Whitney and i think she was paying respect to her in that song 

and the fact that it’s being compared to i will always love you is an accomplishment in itself 

JR Gg
11 minutes ago, brucee said:

1. IWALY is a cover from Dolly Parton.

2. The verse sounds nothing like IWALY. The melodies are different.

3. Gaga uses her falsetto and head voice a lot, therefore there's a similarity in how Gaga and Whitney sing the songs.

But the songs themselves are nothing alike. It's more like I Believe I Can Fly if y'all are finding some song to compare to. :emma::saladga:

Archived