Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Shock: Heal Me and WDYDT are Recorded Live

Vitleysingur

Featured Posts

Vitleysingur

According to ASIB OST's credits, Heal Me and WDYDT are actually recorded live. :giveup:

http://lyrics.astarisbornmusic.com/

Heal Me:

RECORDED AT THE REGENT THEATER DTLA LOS ANGELES, CA | ADDITIONAL RECORDING AT WOODROW WILSON STUDIOS HOLLYWOOD, CA. AND THE VILLAGE WEST LOS ANGELES, CA

Why Do You Do That:

RECORDED AT SNL NEW YORK, NY | ADDITIONAL RECORDING AT WOODROW WILSON STUDIOS HOLLYWOOD, CA, THE VILLAGE WEST LOS ANGELES, CA. AND SHANGRI- LA MALIBU, CA

Only six songs are studio versions on the soundtrack: :diane:

Music to My Eyes

Look What I Found

I Don't Know What Love Is

Hair Body Face

Before I Cry

Too Far Gone

EDIT: Is That Alright is mainly recorded at Five Star Bar, LA.

I guess there is cut scene where she performs ITA at a bar.:wtfga:

RECORDED AT FIVE STAR BAR LOS ANGELES, CA | ADDITIONAL RECORDING AT EASTWEST LOS ANGELES, CA

Dreams of you and me are in the dirt.

ADDITIONAL RECORDING AT WOODROW WILSON STUDIOS HOLLYWOOD, CA, THE VILLAGE WEST LOS ANGELES, CA. AND SHANGRI- LA MALIBU, CA

Vitleysingur
2 minutes ago, Bio said:

ADDITIONAL RECORDING AT WOODROW WILSON STUDIOS HOLLYWOOD, CA, THE VILLAGE WEST LOS ANGELES, CA. AND SHANGRI- LA MALIBU, CA

ADDITIONAL :diane:

Dreams of you and me are in the dirt.

Miracle
1 hour ago, Bio said:

The live vocals are probably the additional backing vocals tho

They are very clearly not live sis. You can tell the difference between a live vocal and a studio produced vocal. 

Maybe she had her little portable studio bus on set at all times hence the location credits 

Signature loading… 👹🖤

Dayman
1 hour ago, Why am I on GGD said:

But for WDYDT (movie spoiler):

Hide contents

it wasn't even live in the movie :poot::messga:

Yes it was. What would make you think it wasn't?

Harry

They aren't... Heal Me sounds nothing like it does on the album as it does in the movie. I actually really didn't like Heal Me at first listen from the performance in the film, but I'm a fan of it on the album. Her vocals are way different.

Head Empty
3 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Yes it was. What would make you think it wasn't?

I'm genuinely not sure if this is a serious question :messga:

Spoiler

The movie made an EFFORT to let you see she was lipsyncing. That hardcore choreo would not allow her to sing a song like that. The mic wasn't even near her face half of the time that she was supposed to sing.

Schizophonic

if there really is a cut performance of is that alright, i hope we get the scene as a videoclips or latest on the dvd.

Dayman
20 minutes ago, Why am I on GGD said:

I'm genuinely not sure if this is a serious question :messga:

Hide contents

The movie made an EFFORT to let you see she was lipsyncing. That hardcore choreo would not allow her to sing a song like that. The mic wasn't even near her face half of the time that she was supposed to sing.

It is a serious question fro multiple reasons. SNL doesn't allow lip syncing after the Ashlee Simpson debacle - so to make her lip sync in the movie would make no sense. Plus, I went to filming for the performance and all the vocals were live as she performed the song, there wasn't even a backing vocal track being used for it and she did all the choreo while doing it. She performed it over and over and over again for nearly 8 hours just for them to get it perfect. It 100% is performed live in the movie...

DitaDolla
1 minute ago, Dayman said:

SNL doesn't allow lip syncing after the Ashlee Simpson debacle

:air:

Mr Oak

I dont think so. While Gaga was performing WDYDT sometimes she would dance and have the mic away from her mouth but we could still listen to her. So..... maybe it was recorded live during one of the shots, but not during the one we actually see.

Head Empty
7 minutes ago, Dayman said:

It is a serious question fro multiple reasons. SNL doesn't allow lip syncing after the Ashlee Simpson debacle - so to make her lip sync in the movie would make no sense. Plus, I went to filming for the performance and all the vocals were live as she performed the song, there wasn't even a backing vocal track being used for it and she did all the choreo while doing it. She performed it over and over and over again for nearly 8 hours just for them to get it perfect. It 100% is performed live in the movie...

The mic wasn't even near her mouth half of the time. Did we see a different movie? :air:

Edit: also, the movie stretches the way these things work in multiple ways, like on SNL. I'm pretty sure The Grammys have a policy to just cut off a speech with music whenever it starts dragging on (aka when Gaga won in 2011), let alone when even more... unfortunate things start to happen.

Archived