opinion

'A Star Is Born' Discussion

Admin

Featured Posts

monster4life231
21 hours ago, Buddy said:

Did you really sing? :selena:

21 hours ago, kyanewest said:

Was it an epic love story? Like i wanna know if things start to get dramatic when they both get more famous, is it too "polished"? 

I did sing during the chorus of the Shallow. It was an epic love story. Things do become more dramatic and even more serious as the movie progresses. It isn't too polished, for me, it's amazing. 

spread peace - #MJInnocent

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One more thing... I can't stop thinking about how heavy this movie is. I knew the subject matter and the ending going into it, but the dread, the chaos and the tragedy really linger. Especially that Grammy scene and the 5-minute silence of Jackson just staring into nothing as he decides to hang himself.

It's honestly going to be hard to rewatch but I'm already planning my next screening.

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

JANNNNEEEEEEEE

Saw a STAR IS BORN here in the UK and it was so moving it reminded me of the struggles Gaga went through before she become famous i highly recommend it 

I loved that (perhaps unintentional) she tributes Judy Garland by singing Somewhere Over the Rainbow :legend:And also the Carole King Tapestry record on the wall above her bed during the scene where Ally is in her bedroom! :golfclap:

Had a pretty weird audience at the screening I was at though. Everyone was super giggly, which was great at the start, but by the time the grammy's scene came on and Jack being passed out everyone kept laughing like it was something hilarious, even though he was miserably stumbling and it was a super sad scene. Did anyone else have an audience like that too? :saladga:

Katie14

Ahhh I'm seeing it in under half an hour for the 1st time! Anyone else about to watch it tonight?

Regina George

I saw it today and I honestly didn’t expect for it to be this serious and this “heavy”.. I can’t stop thinking about the movie. It has some flaws but I still loved it (for example Ally’s fame transition seemed too fast imo).. I felt really sad at the end and I kept thinking about the movie.. Loved the music! It sounds 10x better when you’re watching the movie and hearing them. I’m proud of Gaga for doing this project the way she did. She is amazing in it. Her acting is incredible.. 

fuqdissht

Ok so as we all know this movie is a huge statement about the Hollywood show biz as well does anyone else feel like halsey’s cameo was intentional because I remembered when the cure came out everybody was comparing Gaga’s new sound to hers with the chain smokers closer... and for her to give the best new artist award to her is like a Star helps in another birth of a star, something like she created her or something... this is really interesting to me what do u guys think? Also gaga’s Tribute to Judy Garland who made the 2nd films lead also for Jackson to be kinda giving birth to her.... this is all really smart screenwriting...

Delulu Rogers

Just came back from my viewing. The movie was good. However, pacing was a huge issue. Scenes that needed more time were cut short and scenes that you wanted to end seemed to drag out forever. Also, More time was needed to develop ally’s backstory and rise to fame and the marriage scene seemed to come out of nowhere. The ending could have hit a lot harder if they showed us the world’s/Ally’s reaction to his death. I wanted to cry so bad but the movie never brought me there. 

Anyways, a good movie and songs but I do think it was overhyped and surprised at how well the reviews were

Pamelaisley

I saw it alone tonight. Throughout the whole movie, I was thinking of my dad (who was a drug user) and my ex-stepdad (who was an alcoholic). Jackson was like both of them mixed together so it hit me harder. I was scared that he might've hit Ally because that's what my stepdad did occasionally to my mom when he was drunk. 

I never saw my dad using but my mom always told me stories about it. Drugs ruined our family, I think. His sister and brother (whom I despise) got him into drugs and he always told my mom he didn't want to do them. He loved me and my sister so much and we loved him too. I never got to say goodbye to him so when Gaga was singing "I'll Never Love Again," you know my a$$ was in tears thinking about him. :S

I'm probably going again with my mom next Friday while my sister's at a concert. Still have to pick a date with my brother!! 

Also, one of my favorite lines is "You look at me and, babe, I wanna catch on fire." :flutter:

the moon lights her way 🌖🦇

FFXSoul91

I got done watching it almost 2 hours ago and I'm still devastated by the ending. I knew it was coming but that almost made it worse.

I just want to reach into the screen and try to convince Jackson that he matters and that his life is more important than Ally's career. 😢

Tyler1992

Just got out of a Star is Born. All I can say is Gaga has repeaked. Forget about Bad Romance, this is Gagas magnum opus. 

Wow, just wow...

A star truly reborn. 

DitaDolla

BICH EVERYTIME I HEAR INLA NOW I CRY BC I WATCHED THE MOVIE B4 LISTENIN TO THW SONGS SO IT REMINDS ME OF THE SCENE UGHHH I CANTTT ITS SO PURE

• Haroon unpinned this topic

Archived