Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

'A Star Is Born' Discussion

Admin

Featured Posts

Shipper

Anyone know how those who bought the early screenings will get the digital download for free? 

How do you redeem it? 

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, fayecuntaway said:

She is the best part of the movie

She really is. I was prepared to cringe sooo much through the movie cos sometimes her acting is off, but she ****ing did that and it came across so effortlessly. I even thought her acting was better than Bradley's in most cases.

voidfigure
4 minutes ago, judxs said:

She really is. I was prepared to cringe sooo much through the movie cos sometimes her acting is off, but she ****ing did that and it came across so effortlessly. I even thought her acting was better than Bradley's in most cases.

Her acting is not off in my opinion, but sometimes she pauses and stares like the Countess did everytime in AHS. she has improved enormously tho as an actress

joanoflark
3 minutes ago, judxs said:

Yeah, in the beginning, I was scared because I couldn't suspend my disbelief, and see her as Ally, but as the movie progressed, she won me over, and she weirdly got better and better as the movie crescendoed to reach her best capabilities by the end of the movie. 

2 minutes ago, voidfigure said:

Her acting is not off in my opinion, but sometimes she pauses and stares like the Countess did everytime in AHS. she has improved enormously tho as an actress

I meant her acting has been off in the past - I thought she did really well throughout ASIB I think there was maybe one scene I thought was a little awkward.

Have you watched Glenn Close's performance too before?

if so how would you compare it?

Cos' all odds are divided between them. it would be nice to have an opinion.

Katie14

I'm seeing it tonight but it started at 7pm and I'm stuck at work :( I started a new job and the hours are really annoying 11 am to 8 pm). I'm an editing assistant and the last the I have to do at the end of the day is collect dinner orders and pick up the food and then I can leave. And the editors are taking forever to put their orders in! I'm so ansy and frustrated right now. So I'm going to miss like the first 30 or 40 minutes of the movie. Ugh. I just hate that I waited 2 years to see this movie and now my experience of it will be compromised because I have to do this stupid menial task.

Shipper
2 minutes ago, Katie14 said:

I'm seeing it tonight but it started at 7pm and I'm stuck at work :( I started a new job and the hours are really annoying 11 am to 8 pm). I'm an editing assistant and the last the I have to do at the end of the day is collect dinner orders and pick up the food and then I can leave. And the editors are taking forever to put their orders in! I'm so ansy and frustrated right now. So I'm going to miss like the first 30 or 40 minutes of the movie. Ugh. I just hate that I waited 2 years to see this movie and now my experience of it will be compromised because I have to do this stupid menial task.

Im sorry you have to miss it. You can always watch it again when it is out on October 5. Give Gaga more coins.  

Hope you can get off early. 

Katie14
9 minutes ago, Shipper said:

Im sorry you have to miss it. You can always watch it again when it is out on October 5. Give Gaga more coins.  

Hope you can get off early. 

I think I'm not even going to go tonight. Wasted $22. I dont want to ruin the movie for myself by only seeing half of it. People never ****ing order dinner this late and of course tonight they do. I should have been able to leave like 45 minutes ago. I'm so mad. They should get their own stupid dinner. 

Shipper
31 minutes ago, Katie14 said:

I think I'm not even going to go tonight. Wasted $22. I dont want to ruin the movie for myself by only seeing half of it. People never ****ing order dinner this late and of course tonight they do. I should have been able to leave like 45 minutes ago. I'm so mad. They should get their own stupid dinner. 

Yeah i can see how that can ruin your ASIB experience. :ohno: You should go this weekend when you dont have work! 

Hope you have a better day tomorrow. :heart: I dont know how they will give away the free digital copy of ASIB soundtrack.  I hope they email it out to all those who bought tickets for tonight so you can still have that and not waste the $22 you paid. 

ryhanna
1 hour ago, judxs said:

Just from the trailer, her acting already seems a lot better in this movie than in the past. 

I think it's probably a case of great directing and having the chance to play a much more human and grounded character. 

giskardsb

Great movie it actually needs to be longer. I didn’t really feel Jackson’s rationale for his final action was explored enough it seemed rushed.  The manager was a bit too cliche but overall great movie.  It took me a bit to let go of Gaga and just see Ally because I’m so used to her but eventually Ally took over. I think when I see it again I’ll be able to get lost in the story a bit more.  Cooper is fantastic. 

ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY

I really can’t even put into words the experience I had. I probably sound like a hyperbolic Gaga Stan but the concepts addressed hit hard for me. I didn’t even realize Gaga was in it towards the end. Honestly just transcendental. 

MattyXoxo

*this will contain MASSIVE SPOILERS SO IF YOH DONT WANNA RUIN IT ALL DONT READ*

This movie floored me. I listened to the leaks and after seeing them in the film, they become more real. Bradley Cooper did an amazing job as a director and Jackson Maine, the chemistry was real. The emotion, especially from Gaga was real. The scene where Jackson repeats the whole “I just wanted to take another look at you” before he killed himself... really just tied it together. It showed the beginning and end of the relationship. The last scene with Ally honoring Jack with her at the last second looking into the camera....this is what good cinematography is. So, ****ing well done. 

• Admin changed the title to 'A Star Is Born' Discussion
  • Haroon unpinned this topic

Archived