Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

I've heard the full soundtrack! Here are my thoughts

Stef

Featured Posts

FOREWORD: Okay, first of all NO I DO NOT HAVE LINKS, I DO NOT HAVE CLIPS, I HAVE NOTHING EXCEPT MY MEMORY AFTER WHAT HAS BEEN THE MOST EMOTIONAL YET MOST SATISFYING RELEASE AS A GAGA STAN EVER. LEMME TRY AND GIV Y'ALL ALL THE BEST DESCRIPTIONS MY POOR HEART IS CAPABLE OF!!

My friend in Idaho managed to cop a vinyl because the dumbass retailers forgot to check they damn calendar...

He offered to video call me and we listen to the soundtrack together over Facetime :O I spent about four hours considering if I should or not. In the end I decided to do it.

On one condition

He doesn't play I Will Never Love Again, or the dialogue! I want to experience those in the context of the movie..

Also, for those wondering, EVERYTHING IS STUDIO!! Except for Shallow and.....

Spoiler

La Vie En Rose :hor: 

OKAY HERE IS MY THOUGHTS, TRACK BY TRACK FROM WHAT I CAN REMEMBER

BLACK EYES:

Spoiler

****ING ROCK ANTHEM. Bradley's voice is so raw and raspy it made me SWEAT :air: I could hear that damn bass vibrate through my phone :sharon: The guitar hook is so damn catchy in that breakdown and honestly so insanely high energy. Think of that "All Mine" leak from the faux LG5, and times it by ten :O 

LA VIE EN ROSE:

Spoiler

This didn't really do much for me because honestly we've all heard Gaga sing this song effortlessly to death. Nevertheless, STUNNING. Crowd noises appear here and there for this song, she sounds divine and you can tell they tried to fine tune in the studio whenever she may have had a vocal flaw (given that it was live) which kinda made it a bit, bleh for me :cryga: either serve it to us live or studio, don't blend :neyde: Either way, that final "LA VIE EN ROSE" is gonna end y'all just wait :air: 

I CANT REMEMBER MUCH ELSE OF BRADLEY'S STUFF BECAUSE I WAS TOO FOCUSSED ON GAGA AND ALSO MY CONNECTION GOT SUCKY FOR A BIT, ALSO HE kinda turned volume down a bit and we spoke about GGD and the whole "Live VS Studio" thing :sharon: 

MUSIC TO MY EYES:

Spoiler

JESUS CHRIST OMFG. HER VOCALS, THEY'RE SO SOFT I COULD CRY. Think of Ed Sheeran's Perfect in terms of rhythm and then times it by 100 in terms of melody. She sounds like an angel. The last time I heard her sound that soft and pure was on Joanne's piano version :air: It's very "love letter" like and it is clearly Ally and Jackson singing to eachother. Gaga sings "I heard a song and then i seen your face" and then something else I ant remember but y'all this is a TEARJERKER. Bradley sounds amazing and honestly they really suit eachother vocal wise its so strange :O 

Diggin My Grave

Spoiler

Gaga is serving DIVA With this one. Aretha fou- ..oh wait :neyde:  NAH BUT SERIOUSLY HER VOICE IS SOULLLLL. But its quite your typical honky tonk country song. It didn't really do anything for me but its the first proper

ALWAYS REMEMBER US THIS WAY:

Spoiler

This is the first song I cried to :cryga: These studio outtakes are so gorgeous. I love her when she's live but the studio just brings out something in her voice that is just so angelic and hits you RIGHT where it needs to hit you. Props to whoever edited and tuned these vocals because the reverb is RIGHT where it needs to be. It starts out so soft and the melody makes me wanna chuck my lighter in the air and sway it side to side :cryga: Remember when the GGD user recreated the melody on here a few months ago? SPOT ON! Same key, same melody, same lyrics, its so stunning. I cannot fault this song, I cannot fault ANYTHING :air: She really loses herself in the middle and that piano gets a damn good beating, the RASP omg, but then she brings it back to the beautiful soft warm vocal to close it out, and a small hint of cheers fading to bring it all to a close :( at this point the Kleenex was well and truly OUT sisters :vegas: 

Look What I found

Spoiler

Another certified HIT! Very limited production but she really plays that piano like its the damn beat. Very upbeat piano style, not ballad but not exactly banger either! She almost sounds like a different woman here! Her vocal is so clean and pure that I was like "is this Gaga? :air:""""  WAIT UNTIL THAT SAXOPHONE AND THOSE CHOIR CLAPS COME INTO PLAY AND GAGA GOES FULL TINA TURNER ON OUR ASSES BECAUSE YOU WILL FLIP

HEAL ME OH MY ****ING GOD

Spoiler

WHO SAID THAT THIS SONG WAS UNDERWHELMING? WHO SAID IT? I JUST WANNA TALK!

CHRIST ON A BIKE AND MARY ON THE DAMN HANDLEBARS. COLOUR ME ****ING BALD. WHAT THE ****. THE BASS, THE BEAT, THE VOCALS, THE FLOW, those airy vocals enough to make me weak at the knees. It starts off real strange with some damn weird noises like those dolphin sounds that we heard in The Cure (generic af byt Gaga makes anything WORK) It follows like a "beat-slick-beat-clap-beat-click" kind of rhythm and she works that beat like nobody else could! Wait until y'all hear her seductively talk in that bridge, cue the cheeky giggle, and then BAM, that infectiously GLORIOUS chorus one last time. The harmonies in the last chorus? Fifth Harmony found cleaning the aisles in Costco :vegas:  also lyric of the day goes to "treat me like ya patient" :sharon: 

I Don't Know What Love Is

Spoiler

Lol I don't remember too much of this mainly because I was still red in the face and PANTING after Heal Me BUT it gave me a very raw Shania Twain circa 1997 kinda vocal, a cute song but not a standout. Keep in mind nothing here is BAD, everything ranges from great to phenomenal :vegas: I just need to keep the bell curve alive sistren xx

Is That Alright

Spoiler

STUDIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :excited: Im so happy this is exactly the same as LG posted on her social media. The verses are so soft and then that chorus soars. The bridge changes the flow a little she sings things about "your words are like poems" but its very strange lyric flow that isn't like the rest of the song. I cried at "I want you at the EENDD OF MY LIIIFEEEE" The echos and reverb make this more haunting than a live version ever could

That last whisper of "Is That Alright" before the faded crowd cheers her is a moment that deserves an Oscar in its own right!

WDYDT

Spoiler

BOP BOP BIPPITY BOP BOP! God above some of Gaga's best work sits on this damn record omg! It starts off with some weird Xylophone style. The lyrics are dumb as **** but when you come to terms with the fact it was Ally making a mindless pop track it WORKS and you just learn to embrace the corniness about lines like "coming here with an ass like that" WHEN THAT CHORUS HITS THE BASS SHAKES THE DAMN TABLE IM SO, HOLY ****. AND ALSO the "Why Do You do that do that do that do that" repetition isn't as jarring because it isn't live so it sounds a lot more laid back and almost serves as a backing to that GLORIOUS beat and drop! Her coo's in the post chorus makes this all the more better! "What you do to me" followed by the echo out of the last two words as the song loops back to the chorus one more time :worship2: this woman really has a way with HOOKS. She adlibs with the "WHy did you do that do that" in the last chorus and it gives me that DWUW tease :air: 

Hair Body Face

Spoiler

This starts off with a distorted male voice (presumably Gaga's manipulated) saying "Hair Body Face" The beat in the verse reminds me of WDYDT but the vocal isn't as in your face, she sings very soft and subtly here. This song is a pop song's wet dream! The verse, followed by an insanely catchy pre-chorus,MORE SEDUCTIVE SEXY SLOW TALK BEFORE THAT ****ING CHORUS SHOOTS YOU IN THE GUT "hair, body, face, thats a damn triple threat for ya" is what she says I think. The chorus sounds like FAMEGA VOCALS AND Y'ALL WILL LIVE TRUST ME. "Wasn't the queen at the prom, but don't take me for no fool" YES MISS SASSYGA COME THROUGH

Signature loading… 👹🖤

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG Y'ALL IM SO SORRY I HIIT POST TO EARLY PLEASE HANG ON IM GONNA EDIT WITH MY THOUGHTS TRACK BY TRACK RIGHT NOW. I will spoiler it too. Follow the thread and I will notify y'all when i post it

Signature loading… 👹🖤

I agree with you on Black Eyes. I'm so happy they went country-rock instead of plain country.although I do ****ing love country too.

They put in so much effort and hard work and it paid off heavily. So proud of Bradley and Gaga and everyone who had a hand in this.

PawsUpJago

Thank you for the descriptions! I've got the first 17 tracks saved but I'm dying to hear the rest after hearing the insta snippets 

Archived