other

Shallow: Fandmade Studio Version

Noah X

Featured Posts

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
culturalbaptism

Having a nice sounding mix is more important than context. **** the context. The album version of Shallow should have been the studio version. I don't care about the context within the movie. The context of an album is to have clear and polished songs. I now think less of Shallow after the dull live version being released. Maybe it will sound better in the physical album. We'll see. I really need the song to be nicely done. I still can't enjoy Christina Aguilera's "Beautiful" to the fullest because Linda Perry convinced Christina to use the demo in the album. It sounds crippled and it still bothers me after all these years. Even if they used the demo to showcase how "imperfect" can be "beautiful". But it just turns out annoying.

Judas is coming. Let the cultural baptism begin.

ryanripley
Just now, Successga said:

Having a nice sounding mix is more important than context. **** the context. The album version of Shallow should have been the studio version. I don't care about the context within the movie. The context of an album is to have clear and polished songs. I now think less of Shallow after the dull live version being released. Maybe it will sound better in the physical album. We'll see. I really need the song to be nicely done. I still can't fully enjoy Christina Aguilera's "Beautiful" to the fullest because Linda Perry convinced Christina to use the demo in the album. It sounds crippled and it still bothers me after all these years. Even if the context of the song was to use the demo to showcase how "imperfect" can be "perfect". But it just turns out annoying and that's happening again with Shallow.

i mean you might have a point if this was just an album but it's a soundtrack FOR a movie

context is 100% everything here, the soundtrack relies on the movie because... it comes from the movie lol

it's secondary to the movie, you're supposed to appreciate the movie first and then re-live it through the soundtrack after

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Great effort.

1 this is not news

2 I think Bradley verse should be first

3 at first I thought it's odd skipping the first chorus but now that you added it it kind of ruins it. IF they were to add a first chorus it should be quiet

4 loved the second prechorus singing together

5 the ahhahhaa only works as a bridge

6 I personally think the song is fine but just needs to be extended like a longer instrumental bridge or acoustic guitar stnthr end

8 minutes ago, Successga said:

Having a nice sounding mix is more important than context. **** the context. The album version of Shallow should have been the studio version. I don't care about the context within the movie. The context of an album is to have clear and polished songs. I now think less of Shallow after the dull live version being released. Maybe it will sound better in the physical album. We'll see. I really need the song to be nicely done. I still can't fully enjoy Christina Aguilera's "Beautiful" to the fullest because Linda Perry convinced Christina to use the demo in the album. It sounds crippled and it still bothers me after all these years. Even if the context of the song was to use the demo to showcase how "imperfect" can be "perfect". But it just turns out annoying and that's happening again with Shallow.

It’s not an album, it’s a soundtrack. So yeah, context is important.

culturalbaptism
8 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

this totally ruins the song lol

The song is already ruined. We're trying to save it. :ohwell:

Judas is coming. Let the cultural baptism begin.

ryanripley
5 minutes ago, Successga said:

The song is already ruined. We're trying to save it. :ohwell:

oh my god, build a bridge and get over it

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

lgaga1fan
11 minutes ago, Successga said:

Having a nice sounding mix is more important than context. **** the context. The album version of Shallow should have been the studio version. I don't care about the context within the movie. The context of an album is to have clear and polished songs. I now think less of Shallow after the dull live version being released. Maybe it will sound better in the physical album. We'll see. I really need the song to be nicely done. I still can't enjoy Christina Aguilera's "Beautiful" to the fullest because Linda Perry convinced Christina to use the demo in the album. It sounds crippled and it still bothers me after all these years. Even if they used the demo to showcase how "imperfect" can be "beautiful". But it just turns out annoying.

1. Context is important because this is from a film and is a soundtrack, not a studio album. It is meant to be a representation of the movie.

2. The song itself isn't a demo. In the context of the film, it makes sense as to why it sounds incomplete and only exists in a live state like a ton of other tracks in the film.

3. This version isn't dull whatsoever. Using her raw vocals captures the depth of Gaga's performance during the scene excellently and will put you in a place, once you've seen the movie, where you can actually appreciate it.

malazam

The chorus comes too early. I like the idea of Gaga being first cause that means she’s not from the start of her singing til the end but not that way..

another shot before we kiss the other side

No shade but to all of y'all talking about context

1) have you even seen the film?

2) this is a remix it is NOT that deep

Having seen the film - both versions make sense to me. Jack decides to surprise Ally with his version of Shallow after she sings it to him in the parking lot. Obvs his verse makes sense coming in first cuz it was his surprise moment for her BUT - in a hypothetical world within ASIB, I believe the "studio version" would have Ally first. If you really read into Jack's verse it's kind of selfish and I won't dive deeper into that cuz you need to watch the film for...surprise - **context**. So both make sense to me. Tbh also, this remix is probably the best anyone could do with the idea of this, but also Shallow is a sort of just-for-fun partially written track in the film. I can't even imagine what the proper transition from chorus to verse would be production wise cuz this felt kinda odd. So that's where the movie structure works. I wonder what Gaga and the team's thought process was for the song. 

Archived