Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Shallow streaming rules

theahsfan

Featured Posts

theahsfan

If you're not from the US, download a VPN 

Here's one that's free: https://free-vpn.en.softonic.com/

Set the VPN to US, if you can, I haven't tested that VPN above so idk if you can choose where it sets to. If it doesn't set to the US then find a VPN that does, like Hola? 

And then download the Spotify APP for desktop

Turn the VPN on

Make a new account if you're not from the US with the VPN ON so the account you made is registered as being from the US

Press play on Shallow

Leave it on loop (the 'enable repeat' two arrows symbol on the right)

Leave it on so you can hear it, because streams DO NOT count if the song is muted, so the best thing to do if you don't want to hear it as it repeats is PLUG HEADPHONES IN

and leave it loop overnight, when you're out or just in the background while you're at home but just make sure it isn't muted

You can set your laptop settings so when you close the lid the laptop doesn't shut down or sleep, it stays on. And leave it on charge if you leave it on overnight obviously

Also streams count more if you have a paid subscription to Spotify

It's also very unclear now if the "30 seconds = 1 stream" rule still applies. Apparently Spotify have said that if you want a stream to count, stream the entire song. So to be on the safe side, always let it play on full and don't use an auto-clicker or something.

EDIT:

According to @Interstellar:

"I thought there was a max amount of streams that counted for the charts from one VPN? Isn’t it like 15 streams or something like that?"

If you're not from the US and don't want to risk wasting streams, just use Spotify normally without the VPN so the streams count towards your home country's charts"

I thought there was a max amount of streams that counted for the charts from one VPN? Isn’t it like 15 streams or something like that?

theahsfan
2 minutes ago, Interstellar said:

I thought there was a max amount of streams that counted for the charts from one VPN? Isn’t it like 15 streams or something like that?

Wtf really? How do you know?:confused:

3 minutes ago, theahsfan said:

Wtf really? How do you know?:confused:

I read it somewhere. Let me see if I can find it again.

• Admin changed the title to Shallow streaming rules

Hmmmm. I can’t find it anywhere. Maybe I’m mistaken.

If anyone else has heard of the max streams per day rule, please let me know.

bloody g
33 minutes ago, Interstellar said:

Maximum of 10, @Arturo did a 101 thread on streaming

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

JustifyMyLove
1 minute ago, BBhomemaker said:

Music industry became a joke at this point SMH 

Wise words 

Julia Volkova #1 stan

I’ve spoke to Spotify many times. the VPN thing changes your VPN yes but it doesn’t change your country on Spotify itself. If you look on your  spotify account settings, it will still be set to your country. And you can’t exactly change it either.

I repeat: the VPN does not change what country you’re listening from. You gotta somehow change your country on your Spotify account settings. 

there is a way round it if you have a free account. but you’re all worrying about VPNs and I’m telling you now, it’s pointless if you haven’t change your country in account settings.

Economy
1 minute ago, JohnyTheSame said:

isn't it a bit too much :awkney:

I mean I can help my country instead

it takes 3000 streams to go top 20

This! My streams will help Canada charts with 37 Million people a lot more than the US with like 340 Million

I know it's the biggest market but she's big here too (she was famous here before anywhere else) and it's here my streams will count

I don't mind stuff like requesting on US Stations because it doesn't take away from my Country

In fact I've done campaigns before where I asked non Canadians to request to major Toronto radio stations

But what the OP is proposing is different. I'd literary transfer my countries gains away and that I won't do

theahsfan
28 minutes ago, Rio said:

I’ve spoke to Spotify many times. the VPN thing changes your VPN yes but it doesn’t change your country on Spotify itself. If you look on your  spotify account settings, it will still be set to your country. And you can’t exactly change it either.

I repeat: the VPN does not change what country you’re listening from. You gotta somehow change your country on your Spotify account settings. 

there is a way round it if you have a free account. but you’re all worrying about VPNs and I’m telling you now, it’s pointless if you haven’t change your country in account settings.

But when you create a new account with your VPN on, as I suggested, your country is set to US for example, or whatever country the VPN is connected from

FfFfFfFF

Does VPN mess up with my local connection? How do you pay the internet using VPN? The same way as using local network? 

Archived